“Local night life”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Good food, and could cope with a group very well. There was some local musical entertainment which gives the place a bit of atmosphere. Close to the centre of Anse Mitan by the ferry dock. Recommend for a good evening out and stayed open late.

There are newer reviews for La Villa Creole

Reviewed 13 November 2012

Villa Creole is a successful tourist trap, a true nightmare. Long wait and horrible food. We ordered ,WAITED about 1h30mns for our main course. The seafood was not fresh and the sides cold. We cancelled. The only positive thing is that the owner/hostess did apologize and adjusted the bill.
Atmosphere is cheesy but again the place was packed.

1  Thank TimSpipi
Reviewed 13 August 2012

My boyfriend and I traveled to Martinique for 10 days in early August 2012. We were very much of the moment in our travels - we did not have an itinerary for cities, hotels, or restaurants, which is why we feel so lucky to have stumbled upon this restaurant. We ate here three times during our stay because of just how much of an impression it made on us. Every detail was perfect. First of all, we had (by the time we ate our first meal at Villa Creole) encountered some rudeness because of our French abilities (I spoke French fluently several years ago, but have forgotten quite a bit since I have not used it much since then and my boyfriend speaks no French). Right away the people at Villa Creole struck us as incredibly friendly and patient. The atmosphere was beautiful. The low, soft lighting combined with the windows painted on the walls was incredibly relaxing. The menu was to die for, in our opinion. Everything we ordered (each time we ate there) was presented beautifully, spiced well, and cooked to perfection. The service was amazing - we were never rushed nor did we sit and wait for long periods of time to order. A man who appeared to be the owner visited not only our table, but every table every time we ate there. We very much enjoyed the music every night. In response to another review that commented that the music all was older or more tourist-oriented - I did not get that sense. However, I was a tourist and not as familiar with the music of the region. All I can say is that the man knows his stuff. He seemed to sing in at least 4 languages and play guitar with great skill. On top of that, he knew how to play to an audience - he seemed to take time to smile at and almost play "to" each person at some point during his songs. Be prepared to spend some money at this restaurant - it is true that it's not cheap. We felt it was incredibly reasonable, though, for the complete experience that you were given between the food, the friendliness, and the ambiance.
Near the end of our trip we had encountered a number of somewhat rude people and it began to build up and frustrate us. Our last day we had one of those experiences and so many things that day seemed to be working against us - which is why we planned our last dinner to be at Villa Creole. We knew that if we wanted to make our last night in Martinique beautiful and memorable this restaurant was the place to go. Sure enough it was an amazing night. The people at this restaurant truly colored our stay in Martinique and we can't stop singing their praises.

1  Thank Marie S
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This sounds like a great place," small, situated in an old house, authentic creole dishes, owner entertains etc.." Well I guess on the surface these are true statements. We had the same experience as another reviewer with being sent back outside to re-park the car straighter - and we were the only car in the lot. Atmosphere is tacky at best - overly bright , lots of plastic accessories. The food was nothing special and mightily overpriced. We had some fish dishes that certainly didn't show and special skill in preparation or presentation. Very bland and cold to boot.

1  Thank TravelerChicagoarea
Reviewed 21 December 2011

On Arrival we were greeted in our car in the car park by who seem to be the owner. He was very concerened we would take up too much space with our hire car and helped us keep tight to a wall. ( we were early as we have a 3 year old son)
We were seated in no time and they were very keen to take our order before we could review the menu in full. We got 1 starter . 2 adult main courses and an infant main course. I infant ice cream. 2 cocktails , 1 beer and 1 wine . All in €83. The standard of the meat (chicken mostly bone)and the Veg not so fresh. My wife said the fish was okay.
The live music was good I will say that. The waiting staff I feel were under pressure from the owner to get us out so he could have his table. On paying and getting up to leave we past the owner on the way out and he did not even agknowlege us .

4  Thank roost7