“Clean and friendly”
Review of Hotel La Pagerie

Hotel La Pagerie
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Trois-Ilets
Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed a week at La Pagerie. The location is great with several restaurants nearby (in addition to the hotel restaurant) and easy access by ferry to Fort de France. The room was big enough, the balcony roomy for two. Everything was spotlessly clean. All staff members (maid, reception, bar, restaurant) were friendly. The breakfast changed slightly every day and always included fruit, cheese and scrambled eggs as well as the (french) basics. We had a car, travelled around the island during the day and were happy to come "home" to La Pagerie at night.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria A
Laetitia B, Responsable réception at Hotel La Pagerie, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear guests,

Thank you so much for the nice rating.
I guess that you enjoyed your stay as you felt at home at Hotel La Pagerie.

See you soon.

Laetitia Biron
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,079)

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed there for 2 days. hotel is poorly marked - it is difficult to find. The room was quite new, new furniture, rooms recently renovated. there was small kichenette in the room but no pots. Bathroom was not very clean, towels changed daily. The pool in the hotel is quite small.
There are few shops in the village. The distance to the Anse Mitan beach is about 5-7 minute on foot.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2013

On-line booking was smooth. Adding in the airport pick-up and drop-off was a good choice. The hotel's location is super with easy access to beach, car rental, resturants, marina and the ferry to FDF. The staff were excellent and as a uni-lingual anglophone they made my wife and I feel welcomed with one exception. The manager's cocktail party (free rum punch) included entertainment (a singer) with an MC which was all in french. A 'door prize' draw called room numbers in full-speed french (i.e. 430 not 4-3-0) and by the time it sank in that we had won something the MC had moved on the pulling another room number ... oh well; one of the costs of not being bilingual. While we did not have many conversations in Martinique, our lack of french did not really hamper our enjoyment of the hotel or the island.
We had a room with kitchenette ... not for gourmet dining but a cost saver. It achieved that but lacked some of the basics that we have gotten in most kitchenettes. For example, no microwave, no toaster and no ice bucket and no kettle (there was a specialized coffee machine but as non-coffee drinkers that did not do any good). It did have two burners, a pot and a frying pan (that were too big to both be on the burners at the same time) but it lacked a pot spoon or a spatchula. My wife and I had to share one bowl but otherwise made do with the rest of the supplies.
We did not use all of the amenities (e.g. pool, gift shop, resturant) but the pool did look inviting if we had time. We did rent a car and do recommend that others do this to see the island, but do warn everyone that automatics are scarce so book ahead and do expect difficult, but not impossible parking at the hotel.
TV was mounted on a wall in a poor location so that it was behind one of the bed posts. We did not watch it much as there were no english channels ... first time anywhere that has been the case and I've travelled all over the world in non-english speaking countries. All things considered, a bit pricy but we enjoyed our stay and would consider staying there again.

Room Tip: Specify a kitchenette if that is important to you. The same goes for a pool view as was a garden/rec...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed at that hotel for a full week in Demi-pension (breakfast, supper included). It is located about 500 meters from a few small beaches - across the bay from Fort-de-France. The water is warm and not to deep - perfect for families. There are a few shops and restaurants steps away from the hotel if you do not want to rent a car.

Rooms are large and very clean. Staff is very nice and eager to please. Chef David had just come back from a 2-year internship with a Quebec chef in Laurentides and was quite pleased to welcome Quebecers. He made a point of checking in with us every night. His meals were all excellent and well presented.

We would definitely go back again!

Room Tip: All rooms are being upgraded. We had one with a small kitchenette. We liked it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear guests,

Thank you for your comment on Trip Advisor, it's really important for us to have your feedback.
Let us know when you come back in Martinique, we would be very glad to see you.

Best Regards,

Laetitia BIRON

Reviewed 26 January 2013

Stayed here for two nights during a layover. The rooms are clean, the staff speak english, and there are quite a few restaurants within walking distance. There is a decent little beach about a half mile away. The pool is nice and there is a swim-up bar.

I didn't rent a car, and it probably would have been cheaper than taking a taxi to and from the airport. You can find parking a few blocks away.

It seemed as though quite a few French families go to the area for 1-2 week vacations - which account for all of the restaurants nearby. Not sure I'd want to do that, but for a few nights in Martinique, this place fit the bill.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Go4Fan
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I would adjust my rating to 3,5 if possible. So I had no problems, it is a nice clean hotel. There are friendly people, there is a pool and shops nearby.

I have been there for ' nights, and everyday I was happy to have a car.
From the first minute ! Definetly rent a car, since airport transfer and all activities require a vehicle. If you are not a lazy american, and do not expect one of 7 parking lots in front of the door, there is a huge parking area just 2 minutes away.

I choose the place as low budget hotel, and therefore no compaints about all missing luxery. Thats OK for the price, since I was happy there was all I need (bed, bath, WLAN)

The down side of the hotel is the location, since I do not know, what kind of holiday you like to enjoy right there, if not boot trips you can book nearby.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Dear Sir,

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for your nice comment on Hotel La Pagerie.
I hope that you had a great time with us. Maybe next time, we'll have the pleasure to welcome you with friends or family.

Best regards,

Laetitia BIRON

Reviewed 9 October 2012

The hotel is in a great location with lots of places to eat. It is only 20 minute drive from airport with no traffic, but be aware it is 1 hour or more with traffic -- even around 6am!
The room itself was very clean and had no bugs (rare for the Caribbean it seems -- so this is a big plus).
It was decorated very nicely -- simple but modern. The room had a fridge.
A few issues, though:
I left the Do Not Disturb sign out for the day, yet they still went into the room and cleaned it.
There is limited parking for the hotel.
The TV only gets French channels.
The biggest issue I had was with the internet -- the first of my two nights, it simply did not work. At first, the desk worker didn't believe me, but eventually he realized it was hotel wide. The hotel would not do anything for me to "make it right" (for example, I suggested that he let me make a quick call that the hotel would pay for to let people know I was okay -- but he would not cover it, even though my rate included internet, which wasn't working). The desk worker also absolutely refused to call the internet company to try to get it fixed, or even to reset the network. Basically no customer service on this issue at all...
Stay here for the location / rate / clean room. But NOT for the service or the wifi.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank travelsaroundUSA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trois-Ilets
La Suite Villa
#1 of 9 in Sainte-Luce
Hotel Bakoua
Hotel Bakoua
#7 of 11 in Trois-Ilets

Been to Hotel La Pagerie? Share your experiences!