“Great place to stay in Montserrat” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tropical Mansion Suites

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montserrat
Tropical Mansion Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Montserrat
Omaha, NE
“Great place to stay in Montserrat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

My husband and I spent four nights at the Tropical Mansion Suites and really enjoyed our stay there. The room was comfortable and very clean, and the staff consistently went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the nice view of the mountains from our balcony. The wifi was a little slow and unreliable, but I can't really complain since we didn't use it much anyway, and it was free.
The restaurant was also quite nice and uses many fruits and vegetables grown right on the island. One day I had homemade chips made out of a potato-like veggie I'd never heard of, and when I asked about it the server brought one out from the kitchen to show me!
We didn't get a chance to use the swimming pool but it certainly looks very pretty.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank christinejwarner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Girona, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We spent 2 nights at this hotel which is conveniently situated for the airport. The bed was large and comfortable and the staff were very helpful and friendly; nothing was too much trouble. The bathroom was clean but in need of a face lift. Great cooked breakfasts if required. There's a charming little swimming pool with refreshingly cool water. Enjoyed watching the goats and chickens wander around the garden. The Montserratians are a genuinely friendly people.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Marion-from-Girona
Gardner, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

On our first business trip to Monserrat this beautiful hotel was our first stop. The entire property is charming. We felt at home immediately and cannot say enough about how wonderful the entire staff was. Mornings were quiet and breezy with great breakfasts served by extremely devoted staff. Everyone was there to serve your every need and done with beautiful smiles and appreciation. The pool is small and creates a restful tone to the outdoor sitting area. It is superb for meeting people and entertaining. Rooms were very clean and efficient. Iron and board/small kitchenette/air/balconies/ flat screen. We had a small business cocktail party there and everything was was wonderful, the dinning/bar area is large enough to hold a modest gathering that opens out to a patio area . Gardens around the entire property are quiet and lovely.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank nellpernell
London, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

Internet access was crap and air con gave trouble but great service in intimate setting

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Derren_Joseph
Valley Stream, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2011

Just returned from 5 days at the Tropical Mansion. The deluxe room was fantastic with a king sized bed and comfortable mattress. The room also has a flat screened television with cable tv, a large comfy loveseat and kitchenette. The air conditioning made my day upon returning to the room.

We only ate breakfast but thoroughly enjoyed that each day for roughly $8-10US. There is also a pool on premises.

The staff was friendly and helpful with recommendations on places to eat which we found extremely helpful. We ate at Ziggy's which was also a great find.

I would highly recommened this establishment to anyone visiting Montserrat.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank JennyValleyStreamNY
Bridgewater, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2010

I stayed at Tropical Mansion Suites while visiting Montserrat on my honeymoon a few weeks ago. The hotel is adorable and our room had amazing views. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The ONLY negative point of our stay was that apparently there was some sort of rodent creeping around the bathroom light fixture at night. That being said, I did not feel that this hotel was unclean at all. I was also quite pleased to be able to connect to the internet from my room and for free! If anybody is familiar with the motels in Wildwood, NJ - that's what I was expecting of Tropical Mansion Suites, but I was very pleasantly surprised!

The hotel is very close to the airport and pretty close to the Green Monkey Dive Shop and Soca Cabana (cool place). It seemed like a ride to some of the restaurants (Olveston House, Tina's) and to AIR Studios, but all in all, not too bad. If you're taking a taxi anywhere ask for Mr. Daly - we were always on time for our dinner reservations and he was always early picking us up from dinner...not rushing, just there early incase you finish early (which we always did). He also always made sure we were being taken care of before driving away. And he gave us a fantastic tour of the island one day. I highly recommend Montserrat as a vacation, Tropical Mansion Suites as a hotel, Soca Cabana for some drinks, and Mr. Daly to get you where you need to go!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Parr8Head
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2007

II had a blast in Montserrat at Tropical Mansion Suites. I have stayed at all the major hotels on Montserrat since my first visit to Montserrat in 2001. Tropical Mansion Suites is by far the best. The hotel provides all the modern amenities including free high speed internet for the hotel guest. The staff pampered me, I felt like a king.

• Liked — Friendliness of management and staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
16 Thank warren_yawoll
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montserrat
Royal Palms
Royal Palms
#1 of 3 in South Hill
SeaView Suite
SeaView Suite
#6 of 7 in Montserrat

Been to Tropical Mansion Suites? Share your experiences!