“Frog fish and turtles and lava fingers... oh, my!”
Review of Saba Divers

Saba Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Saba Divers is an award-winning dive center with its main priority on non crowded, safe and fun dives. We organize all you need on our beautiful island. Hotel rooms, restaurant reservations, transfers, hiking tour etc. Our instructors are top notch, friendly and professional and with a passion and love for diving themselves. We are focus on custom designed diving and quality over quantity. Our instructors speak English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch and of course fish language :-) ...
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We dove with Saba Divers in July. This was by far one of the most beautiful places I've ever dove. The divemasters were knowledgeable about aquatic life, even leading us to some gorgeous (and incredibly rare!) frog fish! We dove along the underwater lava fingers and through some amazing rock formations, with DMs Lief and Michael pointing out nurse sharks, turtles, rays, and drum fish. Saba Divers offers free Nitrox diving, and free transportation from Scout's Place (where we stayed) to Fort Bay, the harbor. Our driver was jovial and took the twisty steep roads of Saba like a champ!

When we arrived at the dive shop at Fort Bay the first day, the DMs organized our bins of gear and helped us choose any rental items we needed. They stored our gear for us between dives, and brought it all back to our hotel at the end of our trip.

Saba Divers was a professional outfit with DMs who were knowledgeable about aquatic life in general, but also about where to find the most unique life. I can't wait to return to this idyllic island, and I'm certain Saba Divers' DMs can lead me in the direction of the newest reef inhabitants!

3  Thank asamandalouise
ScoutsPlace, Owner at Saba Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

Thank you so much for this favorable review. Its well written and we have nothing to add besides that we love diving and especially on Saba. We love to see you back and show you more great places in the Marine Park.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

I have been diving Saba for many years. I have been with the competition and, while I can't say anything bad about Saba Deep or Sea Saba, this outfit simply outshines them. I credit their "superiority" to their level of enthusiasm. Basically, the four divemasters clearly love diving and considering the excellent dive sites and visibility at Saba, why wouldn't they? Also, they all got along well with each other and worked as a team. (If you've ever been diving where this is not the case, you know it detracts from the experience.) The equipment was good and I recommend traveling light, just bring your dive card and let them do the rest. They made everyone's comfort and safety a priority regardless of the diver's experience. I want to recognize April in particular, as I watched her deal with a difficult customer to make sure he had a good dive experience while not inhibiting the experiences of the others aboard. I guess the only thing I could say negative would be that the boat is not very pretty, needs some cosmetic attention. Overall, Saba Divers is the best choice to make while diving Saba.

5  Thank DaeDae

Thank you for making us proud of our place. Diving is also our passion and we love to take you out diving and show you the best places around. Stay safe and see you again on Saba for some serious fun diving in good company.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

Great crew and diving location. The dive team really accommodate your dive preferences, dependent on dive site accessibility.
It was our 3rd time on Saba and it never disappoints. The water clarity and quantity sites are the best in the Caribbean.
There are only 3 dive operators on the island and although they don't have the sexiest boat, its the team I would chose every time.
See you next year!

3  Thank TheRatties

We all work hard to make it a great stay and good diving for all our diving friends. Its was our pleasure diving with you guys and we hope you share your secret with some good people so they can have a great time too. We will take care of them and show them the best places underwater and above. All the best from Saba Divers & Scout's Place.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

We (my wife, my 17 year old son and I) visited Saba and dove with Saba Divers between Christmas and New Years early 2012. We had an absolutely terrific time. We dove three days, did six dives and cranked out 3 of our 4 'Adventure dives' (for our advanced certification) with Saba Divers. They were, without exception: polite, enthusiastic, energetic, helpful and informative at every turn. Saba Divers has a "dive Nitrox for free" policy. If you've never dived Nitrox, take the time and get certified, it dramatically improves the 'after dive' experience.

Our only 'complaint', if you will, is that Saba Divers doesn't really provide 'snacks' between dives. This really is no problem since the restaurant at Scouts Place will make you a box lunch OR you can go to one of the two grocery stores close by to pick up supplies.

Saba Divers is tightly associated with a hotel called "Scout's Place" which we also highly recommend. Scout's Place is written up elsewhere on the web and we have little to add except this: Scouts Place is located in one of the Saba villages called Windward Side. It is (very short) walking distance to grocery stores, a post office, a bank, and three or four very nice restaurants. Some of the 'nicer' hotels are much more isolated.

This was our first time staying at a hotel with a truly integrated dive shop and we found it wonderful. They arranged everything from transportation to training to certification. There were no complications at any time. As a result, we maintained the Caribbean mindset the entire stay.

My only regret is that I don't have the writing skills to do Saba Divers justice; they made this one of greatest vacations.

4  Thank edward h
Reviewed 2 January 2012

The team of Saba Divers is very nice and helpful with a good sense of humour and they really know what they are doing. Very well organised, great logistics and good equipment. The divesites are very beautiful. Don't hesitate: this is THE island and underwaterworld!

3  Thank GerritJanneke