“Loved Scout's Place”

Ranked #4 of 4 Windwardside B&B and Inns
jlipitz
“Loved Scout's Place”
Reviewed 19 February 2007

I can not begin to tell you how much I loved Scout's place. Before I arrived I had many questions. Literally within hours all of my questions were answered, making my trip to Saba quite enjoyable.

Once I arrived in Saba, the hotel staff were waiting for me. They helped me with my scuba gear and gave me a quick run-down of all the hotel amenities.

The dive operation affiliated with Scout's were beyond amazing. They were always on time and the instructors/dive masters were so nice. They went beyond to make sure every dive trip was as good or better then the last.

I have to say that the room was very clean and furnished very tastefully. I enjoyed the food at the restaurant and appreciated how close the hotel was to the little town.

I recommend Scout's 100 percent. I hope that this review is helpful to future travellers.

• Liked — Scuba Operation
  • Disliked — Liked everything
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Jeffrey L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
south new jersey,usa
Reviewed 10 May 2006

scouts place was the perfect dive vacation experience.
the island is a little out of the way but worth the effort .the staff at scouts place mayde you feel right at home. our mothers were delighted with their stay. they enjoyed exploring town. they were very happy with the hospitality of the staff at scouts place. quaint,comfortable and clean rooms with beautiful views and a good restaurant .
the diving was terrific. the staff enhanced our experience. we can't wait to see some more.we'll be going back this june
happy explorers

• Stayed January 2006
8 Thank TwoExplorers
Reviewed 6 April 2006

This was a dream vacation. Saba is a true haven away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and very quiet compared to some other Caribbean islands. The scenery is spectacular, both above and below the water. The dive masters of Saba Divers offer the best service we have ever experienced. Even if there were ten divers on the boat, each one of us was given very personalized attention. The friendliness and hospitality at Scout's Place is so genuine that you feel more like family than hotel guests. The town of Windwardside is so cute and it is fun to chat with the residents and discover that everyone knows each other. The rooms at Scout's Place are simple but very clean. The restaurant served great food and the Friday night karaoke was a lot of fun. Any vacation on Saba would be wonderful but we highly recommend staying at Scout's Place and diving with Saba Divers.

• Stayed March 2006
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 February 2006

Who would think a rolling boom box would roam Saba at all hours? Also, Friday night Karaoke will keep you up until at least 1:00. You can hear bacon fry two rooms away, so if you're a light sleeper, stay elswhere. The ecolodge looked pretty good. Other than that, Scout's is a good clean lodge.

Stayed February 2006
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 November 2005

My girlfriend and I went on a 17 day dive trip with my first stop in Saba. When we landed at airport, Scouts place had one of the local taxi drivers (Billy) pick us up and bring us to Scouts place. We did have one problem on the flight from St. Marteen the airlines(winair) did not have room for our 70lb a piece dive cases and we had planed on 2 dives in the morning. So Wolfgang the owner told us he would let us rent gear for free. The Dives we went on were spectacular, and the dive masters that led the trips were some of the most professional I have encountered in my time diving. The views from the hotel are fantastic. All of the people working in the hotel give you a wonderful sense of friendship and hospitality. From Bea who worked at the front desk to Barbara and Wolfgang singing Karoke. It was a wonderful experience and I would love to return

• Stayed September 2005
17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 November 2005

We spend some nice days on Saba and loved the island a lot. The rainforest was fantastic and the diving fabulous. The hotel was very noisy so when falling to bed early because of being tired of all activities the bar and restaurant started with ugly music or karaoke which was terrible. Also some car traffic passing in front of our room did certainly not help for sleeping. Anyhow, if you don't need early nights, but enjoy some bar social activities like drinking this place is ok. Nice and friendly waitress. The food was not good, it came cold and was overcooked, but there are plenty other good choices nearby. Try the Gate House Restaurant or Brigadoon. The Scouts Dive Crew is very friendly.

• Stayed March 2005
16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 October 2005

Scout's Place was the highlight on our trip to Saba. This nice hotel offers an all in one service. We dived with the hotel own dive center Saba Divers, which is an award-winning dive shop with exellent staff. The instructors were very professional and fun. The dive trips well organized and believe it or not but our Nitrox was for free! We haven't had that before.
Our rooms were super clean and the restaurant has a great view from the terrace and a great chef too. Try one of their special night. It's great food for a decent price. At night the bar caters to a nice crowd of locals and divers alike. The office staff helped us professional and friendly to organize our island tour and airline tickets. Five stars for Scout's Place and the dive center Saba Divers from us!

• Stayed August 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windwardside
The Old Gin House
#3 of 4 in Windwardside
Selera Dunia Boutique Hotel
Selera Dunia Boutique Hotel
#2 of 4 in Windwardside

Been to Scout's Place Hotel? Share your experiences!