“Excellent food, staff and views let down (slightly) by small portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wall House Restaurant - CLOSED

Wall House Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Middleham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, staff and views let down (slightly) by small portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

Do go to this restaurant. Accept that the portions may be slightly smaller than you expect. We got Cannes quality food, with a Cannes views at less than Cannes prices - but got Cannes size portions. The staff DID warn me though that I was choosing a smaller item. I used this as a plus, since it left room (and justification) for a Crepe Suzette!

I suspect that the menu and prices do not differ between lunch and dinner, which makes lunch a bit more expensive I suppose. Service was outstanding, The views are very pleasant indeed despite nearby road works (not active on the Saturday we dined).This is also indeed as other have pointed out, the quiet side of the harbour.

If the chef could be persuaded to even garnish some dishes (without an unnecessary price rise) this would become a 5 star destination restaurant.My wife's tuna and mahi-mahi carpaccio was superb. My baby squid was superb but that's all I got - not even a lettuce leaf! Fortunately the staff offered extra bread (used to queries, perhaps?) My model size daughter would not blink. My other three would feel unfed.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank beaumap

New York City, New York
“Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We have been to Wall House many times over the years and it does not disappoint. The service is impeccable and the view of the harbor is lovely. The food is expertly prepared and presented and the portions are substantial. My husband and I left with smiles in our faces. We really enjoyed our meals!

• Visited April 2014
Ny
“Good for dieters”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I realize Americans are accustomed to larger portions, but for 28 euros I expected more than 1/8 of a duck, 4 small fingerling potatoes, and some diced romaine lettuce. The raspberry sauce didn't taste of raspberries, but did have 3 berries on it.
My wife's 7 small tuna slices came with a sweet and sour sauce that tasted overly sour, and some cool noodles. The waiter forgot to bring our wine, and had to be reminded, even though only 2 other tables were occupied. Service was otherwise good, so I did leave an albeit small tip, but who needs this when there are superb restaurants like the Santa Fe and Taiwana!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank pangloss356
“A great dining experience on the Gustavia waterfront”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Let's get this straight from the beginning of this review - we love Wall House, we've come here at least once every time we've come to St Barts. It's always good food, the service is friendly and they have a Dessert Trolley with Illes Flotante on the top level - what more could a man want? This time the food was as good as ever but the warm welcome from Bernard made us feel really at home. Lovely place, lovely people, lovely food and really lovely to walk along the horbour side after dinner too.

• Visited February 2014
Dover, Arkansas
“Phenomenal experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was our second trip to St Barts and after reading reviews and menus, I knew that we had to try Wall House. It is on the less busy side of the harbor but you get amazing views of the boats without all the hustle. After we were seated both of the owners, a father and son pair, stopped by the table. Our table had two different soups and the Mediterranean salad for appetizers. The salad ingredients were very traditional but the dressing was perfect. Light and tangy.
We all ordered specials...two dover sole meunière and one red snapper with tomatoes, olives, and capers. The fish was cooked perfectly and tasted delicious but my favorite part was the presentation. They bring the whole fish, already cooked, and fillet it in front of you. It is done so quickly and efficiently. I loved it.
For dessert we shared a floating island. I had never heard of this and would never have chosen it for myself! It ended up being amazing. So creamy and sweet and the perfect end to a perfect meal.

The service is impeccable and the staff beyond hospitable which can't be said about all of the restaurants in St Barts. We ordered a bottle of wine for the table and after finishing it we tried to order another. They apologized and said that was their last bottle. They were unaware and wouldn't haven't sold it to us if they had known. It was no big deal so we just selected a different bottle. They didn't charge us for the second (and more expensive) bottle of wine because of the earlier confusion. Who doesn't love free wine?

• Visited April 2014