“Affordable for St. Barth”
Review of Le Repaire

Le Repaire
Ranked #13 of 68 Restaurants in Gustavia
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located on St. Barth, French West Indies, overlooks Gustavia harbour, across from the ferry landing.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is a solid choice for breakfast and lunch. The location is great and right across the street from the ferry port and down the road from great stores like Louis Vuitton, Chopard, and Carat. The frites are excellent. We liked this place so much for the value that we visited for lunch and dinner in the same day. I'm sure you can find much better, or finer diner on the island, but not at these prices. The only item we didn't enjoy was the lobster bisque which was too salty.

There are newer reviews for Le Repaire

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is located in a some what difficult spot to find, but well worth the hunt!!! This is a working mans lunch restaurant, nothing to tricky. Fritters, veal, lobster, yes lobster, beef, fish all and many more selections. Go enjoy the simple well prepared food, at fair prices.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have been to St Barths for many years. We had only been to Le Repaire once with a couple of friends for dessert and it was excellent. This time we decided to go for dinner. I had the shrimp appetizer. It was good but the shrimp was overcooked. For my main entree, I had a fish dish but it was unremarkable. My husband had the fois gras which he said was very good and the top of the line beef entree which he said was the best he had on the island. The service was good but they told me they had grey goose but when I got my martini, he said they did not have grey goose and gave me a Russian vodka.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Even though the food was just average, Le Repaire is a lovely restaurant with a great atmosphere and excellent service.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Having used Tripadvisor to find a good French restaurant close to our location, we hit the jackpot. The location is OK, the decor really nice, the service friendly.....but all was trumped by the food. The menu is interesting but I opted for the special, as they sounded so unusual. A 'lobster stew' with saffron and a soft boiled egg was just sensational.....followed by beef fillet slices with fresh vegetables and a sep mushroom sauce that was contained in a dome made from a single strand of wound spagetti. It was all divine. Oh.....my wife loved the roasted tuna too!