“ST. Barts Plage Perfection”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. Jean
Hotel Emeraude Plage
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in St. Jean
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We loved this place!! Just returned from 6 nights there for our 30th anniversary. We were given Cottage #24 and it was just perfect. We had a view of the beach but were set back from it aways so the view was through some gorgeous foliage. We had an outdoor kitchen that was fully equipped, you could have made full meals although we did not. The location is ideal and ST Jean is the best beach on the island by far. We drove and looked at the others. We also walked through and had meals at other resorts. We will return to Emeraude next time we are back in St BArts. the location by the airport was fun, too. It was quaint to see the small planes come and go and navigate their landing on the short air strip. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. I just read a review that was extremely critical of Emeraude...i don't get it. Everything was in perfect condition and very updated and had a sleek almost hip feel to it. I got new amenities, including hair conditioner, every day. I can't imagine going anywhere else on ST BArt!! An added bonus is you are walking distance to the shops and restaurants of St Jean and a 5 min car ride from Gustavia.

Room Tip: Cottages 1-4 are probably best value. We had #24 and would choose it again as its view was awesome...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SueSom

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I want to start by saying that we had an absolutely lovely and amazing time in Saint Barts and the hotel. It is not fancy, the service is not anything above a 3 star, but it's clean and convenient. For those reviewers that say it is expensive or not worth the money, you have to look at it in terms of Saint Barts. It is not expensive compared to other properties on the island so in that vein, you do in fact get what you pay for. Eden rock is to the right, great place for afternoon food and bar to the left. It is French so everything is chill and hip. If you're looking for hotel amenities and great service, then you need to dish out the extra money and stay at properties on the island that bill themselves that way. The water on this side of the island is better than any other part of the island. If you stay here, your goal should be to hang out at the beach in the day but explore the island in the evenings. Lots a good restaurants, little clubs, lounges. If this is your first time to Saint Barts, this hotel gives you a real deal vibe of the island at a minimal entrance fee and a stay here will give you an idea of why it's the most special place in the Caribbean. If you know what you are getting in terms of the hotel, if you want to stay at the best beach on the island, and partying is a part of your trip, then this is the hotel for you. If you're on a honeymoon, or want a really nice and more formal hotel and service, and plan to spend a lot of time in your room or on the property then this is not a hotel for you.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Manesh101
Reviewed 19 March 2012

small,very nice and intimate all white hotel de charme in st.jean beach. There's is not a real restaurant, but a beach bar serving breakfast, light lunch and drinks. Rooms (all bungalows) are few steps from the beach and the beach cottages are really fantastic (even if they don't come for a cheap price, but everything in st. barth is not cheap). All rooms have a small but new and perfect kitchenette, nice bathroom and furniture. Eden rock is 100mt away and you can have lunch or dinner there. If you're not looking for "glamour" but for a real nice and charming place, this shuold be your choice (eden rock is always more crowded with many visitors).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This hotel was such a disappointment. For $600 a night it was not worth it at all. I have stayed at most hotels on the island and this was by far the worst in terms of rooms, amenities, and service.
First of all, they did not have HAIR CONDITIONER! I mean a Holiday Inn has hair conditioner!!! The management was lackluster upon arrival and walked us to our room through the back service entrance, which looks like crap, because it was a "short cut". Had they not been lazy and walked us through the front PROPER entrance we would of been able to see the beautiful beach, but instead saw a brick wall and air conditioner units.
The grounds staff is not friendly, and actually SCARY as you leave your room.
There was a group of loud, obnoxious guests which partied next door until 5am and management didn't do a thing!
The front desk closes at 7 and you cannot get anyone to help you with anything after, nor access the computer area. WiFi is extra.
Television (not a huge issue since you're in St B, but nonetheless annoying) did not work. Someone came to the room 5 times to fix it.
Toilet did not flush and room smelled like you know what after a day.
It was the worst hotel on the island I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Bring your own hair conditioner, because obviously $600 doesn't afford you that luxury here.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank HOTEL10012
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This wasa budget minded option vs eden rock for our stay in st Bart's. After arriving we were pleasantly surprised with the hotel. We had a beachfront cottage with our own private chairs and beach. Eden rock next door was crowded with children and families, while we had a private beach to ourselves. Excellent location to allow walks to lunch and st jean beach.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Dvbdmd
Reviewed 24 January 2012

We just spent two weeks of bliss in this tastefully redone group of bungalows on the beach. It's a perfect spot to totally relax. We planned to go here or go there, but found ourselves not venturing far from our room, but instead to the beach right there a few steps away. If you like, you can be part of a community of people staying there, kind of like at a resort, or you can be private. The service is friendly, if not quick. But relaxing is what it's all about, isn't it? My partner and I have been going to St Barth's since 1978 or 79. We've seen a lot of changes in that time. Not all for the best. It's not the quiet island it once was, though with the more upscale tourism, there are more things on offer. Over the last years we'd rented houses on the island, this was a last minute idea, and a hotel was the perfect answer. I would choose only this hotel were I to want to stay again in a hotel on St Barth's.

Room Tip: look at the map on the hotel's web site, it's very clear. Though we wanted to be sure to sle...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GibLucca
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I ended up in Emeraude because I couldn't get a room at Eden Rock for January, having gotten on their waiting list since mid-August. Best thing that ever happened to me! At half the price and a 2 min walk down the beach from Eden Rock, I had my own large room, with a veranda and open-air fully equipped kitchen facing the sea. The beach was literally 30 steps away from my room. It was my first time in St. Barths and all I had heard is the island is rather posh, so I was expecting some rather stiff service. What I found instead was an extremely chilled and low key atmosphere, total privacy and very friendly staff. The owner is around a lot and very nice and helpful. One evening we had our friends who were staying over at Eden Rock for home made dinner - the owner made sure we got all the equipment on the patio - table, chairs, plates, cutlery etc. No issue whatsoever. The morning after it was all cleaned up, as if nothing ever happened.

The only downside - it is expensive, no doubt.

Also - no restaurant, no room service, no minibar. But then again - who cares, Niki beach is 3 mins down the beach, Eden Rock has a good restaurant and tomy's beach has a good resto on the beach (good for lunch).

One peculiarity - the local airport is next door, so you watch the planes come and go all day long. At first I though this will be annoying, I left the island thinking this is special - the St. Barths airport and the tiny planes that land there are a sight in their own right. It is that special, half the local fair of t-shirts, sweatshirts and what-not have the airstrip as their logo. And if you are a light sleeper, no problem - planes stop flying at dusk (too dangerous), so you are assured a good night's sleep (unless you are on a different time zone/schedule, that requires you to sleep until noon or so).

I'd love to go back!

#3 of 4 in Anse des Flamands
Le Sereno Hotel
Le Sereno Hotel
#3 of 7 in Grand Cul-de-Sac

Been to Hotel Emeraude Plage? Share your experiences!