Tom Beach Hotel
  • Free Internet
Les Mouettes(St. Jean)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Hotel Taiwana(Anse des Flamands)
View Hotel
All reviewsla plageboutique hotelst barthsbathroom lightfun atmosphereeden rockbeautiful weatherthe entire stafflaid back atmospherefeet in the sandour honeymoonperfect hotelclear waterlobsterfun to watchgarden roomgreat drinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Just returned from a trip to St Barts and stayed at the Tom Beach Hotel with my wife. First the location is great, in the middle of St jean's Beach with Eden Rock and Nikki Beach within walking distance as well as a small shopping area. Gustavia and all it's shops and restaurants are just a short drive away and St Jean's beach is beautiful. The hotel itself is small but the rooms are more than big enough. We had one of the deluxe rooms with a very large balcony and beautiful views. I would strongly recommend getting one of the two available but if not, don't worry, every room is only a few steps from the beach. The La Plage restaurant is right on the beach as is the beach bar. The food was amazing the service was excellent! All this was great but what impressed me the most was the service and attitude of the staff, it was first class. From the front desk to housekeeping to the restaurant and beach bar, the staff were amazing. They were so helpful and polite from the moment we arrived until we left. I would strongly recommend the Tom Beach Hotel to anyone thinking of visiting St Barts, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I just stayed at Le Tom Beach for a wedding and it was absolutely perfect!! The staff was amazing, the location was perfect, the pet iguanas on the premises were awesome...there really wasn't one thing wrong with this place. I can't stress it enough how superb the staff was. Reuben was my guy and he was extremely accommodating at anything and everything be it directions, local recommendations for restaurants and bars or beaches. Speaking of beaches, I think this side of the island where Tom Beach is located is one of the prettier beaches on the island. Don't get me wrong every single beach in St. Barth's is straight out of a fairytale but the service and all the nice staff were just the icing on the wedding cake. I could write 1,000 more words on how wonderful Le Tom Beach Hotel is but I'll let the next visitors find that out for themselves. Thank you Tom Beach!! :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My fiance and I stayed here for 4 days, and had the best time! would highly highly recommend the Tom Beach hotel if you are looking for a great scene, good food, friendly staff and a central location. Our room was beautiful and because the hotel is so small, we felt very well taken care of. The staff is super super nice and arranged everything for us, plus with the hotel immediately next to the airport, you are guaranteed entertainment all day as you lounge by the beach! Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lon-nyc-travel-girl
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We were a party of 8 without a reservation and they provided us with a lovely table next to the beach front. The have a house Rose wine in magnums a great start to the meal. The food was good and the location on the beach is really nice, however the service was painfully slow and afterwards if you want to lay on a beach bed they will charge you so not all good news. Couple of other highlights are the massage girl on the edge of the venue and the planes sometimes come in over the sea which to say the least is very visual ( some would say scary) Worth a trip just do not be in a hurry by then again why would you want to leave a perfect beach location with pretty staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mimosaSussex
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband and I (both professionals in our 30s in NYC) stayed at the Tom Beach hotel last weekend, and we already booked a return trip. You could not ask for a better location or a more perfect beach. La Plage is wonderful for lunch and dinner, and the beach bar has a great vibe all day long. I would definitely recommend La Plage for lunch on Saturday afternoon – great music, dancing, drinks (with a bikini fashion show and surprise guests). Also, the Friday night beach party at La Plage is a must. The food was excellent – particularly the dover sole, lobster spring rolls and crispy (giant) shrimp. We even saw a boat arrive that afternoon with buckets full of fresh (massive) lobsters!

The Tom Beach concierge arranged for all of our dinner reservations and recommended which nights were best at each spot (Friday night party at Le Plage, Saturday night at Le Ti, etc.). They also arranged for our car rental – a cute convertible smart car which was fun to drive around the island and into town. We loved the laid back island vibe of the hotel and the fact that we could mingle with locals while sipping a BBC or Carib with sand under our feet. Alex who works at the beach bar and on the beach during the day was wonderful – he really made our stay memorable - as was the whole staff. We felt right at home.

I can’t say enough about the ideal location of Tom Beach, which is very important to us when we travel. We always like to be in the center of things. It is a minute from the airport and a few minutes into town. We drove into Gustavia for sunset drinks at Do Brazil, for a dinner with a view at Bonita and for some amazing shopping. St. John beach was always lively and the water was spectacular. We are looking forward to our return trip!

Room Tip: The two beachfront rooms are awesome if available - big private terrace looking right over the spectacular water.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple