Hotel Les Ondines Sur La Plage
Hotel Villa Lodge 4 Epices(Grand Cul-de-Sac)(Great Value!)
US$565
US$431
Travelocity
Christopher St Barth(Anse de Lorient)(Great Value!)
US$429
TripAdvisor
Villa Marie Saint-Barth(Colombier)(Great Value!)
US$489
US$466
Le Barthelemy Hotel & Spa(Grand Cul-de-Sac)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssmall hoteleach morningrental carfull kitchenspecial touchfrench girlsandy beachnice sizehigh endpaddle boardsliving roomboutique hotelocean vieweden rockraphaelluggageconvenience
Reviewed 10 May 2010

This hotel is fabulous. We visited St. Barths for the first time last week and selected our hotel based upon the reviews here on trip advisor – which were very accurate. We went in off-season so got a really good rate.

We really liked the hotel because of the layout of the room. The bedroom had sliding glass doors to the living area which had sliding glass doors to the patio which lead directly to the beach. During the day we would leave the doors open and the breeze was wonderful. Each morning we enjoyed the crescents and jam. We saved the French bread and used it for sandwiches for lunch. They give plenty of bread each morning. Our breakfast guy was Apollo and he was great – very helpful with my many questions about the island!

Raphael is also great – he went above and beyond helping us with massages, boat rental and any other needs we had throughout the week. To me, this was like a villa but with the perks of a hotel. We had a full kitchen and our room opened to both the pool and the beach.

The beach is small but plenty for our use. The ocean is literally 20 feet from the patio. The water is a little murky right when you initially get in but if you swim out it becomes very clear and is only like 3 feet deep. The kayaks were free for our use and we loved using them. You can even take them over to the other sand area and get out, walk across the sand, and you are on the next beach – excellent area for children to play – small shallow pools.

Overall, we loved this place and hope to come back soon. I do recommend that you rent a car because the island has some amazing beaches.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cwheelh1
Reviewed 5 January 2010

We traveled to St Barts in December and were overwhelmed with the hospitality shown by Rapheal and Hotel Les Ondines staff. We were treated to a wonderful suite that is literally on the beach. The room was fantastic but the service is what made the difference. From breakfast on the beachfront patio, dining and beach suggestions and VIP transfer service, everything was top notch. If your looking for relaxing on the beach with wonderful service this is your place!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Ajtheshoeman
Reviewed 8 December 2009

In short, this hotel has everything that you will need to feel right at home. The staff made the experience even more special: door to door service, breaksfast in bed and transportation to and from ferry boats. When you think of this hotel, think condo living with an ocean view( property is location on the beach actually), complete with a maid and driver. My experience here far exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WorldWideWomen
Reviewed 8 December 2009

What can I say that has not already been said? I enjoyed my stay at this hotel! The waterfront is literally steps away from the hotel. The suite appeared as advertised, very clean, with amenities and fully-stocked refridgerator. The complimentary continental breakfast was served in the room. I cannot say enough about the service. My girlfriend and I were promptly picked up from Gustavia by Raphael. He took care of all of our needs and is knowledgeable about the island. Raphael even drove us to another hotel, after we checked out.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank flyingdarts
Reviewed 2 September 2009

In August of 2009, my wife and I travelled to St. Barts for our honeymoon, and we stayed at the Hotel Les Ondines for 7 days. In short, it is a great place, with beautiful views of the Grand Cul de Sac, with even better service.

The service at the Hotel Les Ondines was nothing short of spectacular, Raphael, our main host, never failed to smile during our entire seven day stay. In between smiles, he was offering us "honeymoon cocktails" to celebrate life while asking us about our stay, our scuba adventures. If I ever own a hotel, I honestly would attempt to steal him away - he made the stay. In addition, an extremely friendly French woman fixed a breakfast of croissants and bread each morning with coffee and orange juice on the terrace - what a great way to start the day.

The rooms are a decent size. They are clean and comfortable. They have amazing views of the Grand Cul de Sac. It was a pleasure waking up each morning to the views.

As far as location, the hotel is right on the beach of the Grand Cul de Sac. In that regard, the location is spectacular. However, if there is one thing which I would change, I would prefer to stay on a different beach on the island. The Grand Cul de Sac is an athletic water/beach (with windsufers, jet skis, boats etc...), as opposed to the traditional long sandy beaches with waves which are predominant on the rest of the island. I personally prefer a more traditional beach.

In general, the hotel is a nice establishment on an incredibly posh and chic island. The Hotel Les Ondines is certainly not on the "hottest" or "coolest" stretch of beach nor is it styled in the chic manner that many of hotels are (the "W" Hotel vibe). However, I do not believe that the hotel is trying to compete in this chic arena. So, if you are looking for a clean, comfortable and extremely friendly place, the Hotel Les Ondines is the place for you. I highly recommend. If you are looking to stay in the coolest resort on the island, in the most happening part of the island, then the Hotel Les Ondines is not for you.

All in all - it is a great place. They went out of their way to make the week special. I will always look fondly on the Hotel Les Ondines. It really is a great place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple