“Glorious”

Hotel Les Ondines Sur La Plage
Old Greenwich, Connecticut
“Glorious”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Peaceful, comfortable, very friendly staff. A gem. Raphael so wonderful. Love this place! Definitely rent a small car if you want to explore the other beaches. Great to have a kitchen and washing machine.

Room Tip: We stayed in the garden/pool view room which was perfect and private.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Piddlepat

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pound Ridge, New York
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I didn't read the Tripadvisor reviews of Les Ondines Sur La Plage until the last day of our five day stay. How do you repeat writing about perfection without being boring? Simple: ALL the reviews that have been published are true. Raphael & Isaballa are, it seems, eternally attentive. I would add that, in addition to the "obvious" gourmet restaurants, Raphael suggested Les Bananiers (in the Colombier neighborhood) when my wife and I asked for "real" French food, i.e. no foam, no essence of ...., just snails in butter, garlic & parsley, pate de fois gras, simple duck breast. Fabulous food and probably the only reasonable wine prices on St. Barth. Thank you, Raphael!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ronnie L
washington dc
Reviewed 20 October 2011

We have stayed at many wonderful hotels in St Barts but this place is something special....right on the beach and wonderful proprietors!!! This is a special secret getaway that I would not want people to find out about .....but I found out about this on TripAdvisor and it has been a "game changer!"

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
12 Thank AmerigoWashingtonDc
Milano
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We come from italy and we appreciate a lot the place, the service, the swimming pool and the rooms.
We have a very confortable stay, raphael help s us for everything we need. St. Barth is a lovely island with awosome beaches, amazing restaurant s and shop s..

Tnks for all Raphael, nice and kind manager ok the hotel

S&B

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Samu67
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 17 May 2011

I took charge of my 50th birthday celebration so I could have total control over the details. After all I was checking off one on my bucket list! I was nervous booking this hotel as all I had to go by were the fabulous reviews. My travel agent tried to dissuade me as the hotel was not on her listings. I have to say Les Ondines surpassed all my expectations! Raphael and Isabelle you made my birthday a memory I will never forget. Thank you thank you.
Our suite looked out over the water and we had breakfast each morning prepared for us by Isabel\e and served on our patio each morning. She went out of her way to make sure we had everything we wanted.
The bathrooms are quite large and the bed is probably the best I have ever slept in.
The location is secluded but of course it is still only ten to fifteen minutes to any place on the island.
Les Ondines is not to be missed! I hope this doesn't mean I can;t get a room now!

• Stayed May 2011
7 Thank graytonsands
Reviewed 30 April 2011

Les Ondines was the perfect place!!! The beachfront rooms had gorgeous views and the first floor suite "Oceana" had easy access to the water. Breakfast of croissants, tea and fruit could be taken on your patio or by the pool. We opted for the patio. But what really made the stay was Raphael. From the moment he greets you at the ferry (we flew back to St. Maarten) he was the perfect host which was greatly appreciated after the horrible ferry ride. We decided to fly back to St. Maarten and Raphael happily assisted us in our change of travel arrangements as well as our extension of our rental car. We are planning our return to St. Barths and will absolutely stay at Les Ondines.

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank BronxGirlz
Piermont, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2011

My daughter and I traveled with another family with children. We took the smallest room in the hotel (there are only 8 rooms) and the other family took a large suite. Our room was perfect for us. When eating dinner at the hotel, we usually had it on their balcony overlooking the ocean (ours overlooked the pool). I especially liked that all the rooms have kitchens and even a washer/dryer (although I have to admit I never bothered using ours). St. Bart's is magnificent. This hotel is very charming - the decor is absolutely lovely. But the best part is the people who work there - Raphael and Isabelle, particularly. Warm, kind, and helpful - they went out of their way to make sure we had a wonderful stay. We had everything we needed. The children loved having the pool. The proximity of a beach is nice, although we mainly went around the island exploring the undeveloped beaches (no hotels on them) - I recommend Colombiers, Salines and Gouverneur. There is a very nice restaurant within walking distance (Le Sereno). Driving around the island is great fun. Raphael arranged our car rentals and they worked out perfectly. Snorkeling is one of the great pleasures on the island (don't forget to bring snorkels!). St. Bart's and the hotel are so safe that you don't even need to lock doors - what a pleasure!

Room Tip: Depends on your budget and size of your party.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
#3 of 7 in Grand Cul-de-Sac
Tropical Hotel St Barth
Tropical Hotel St Barth
#4 of 8 in St. Jean

Been to Hotel Les Ondines Sur La Plage? Share your experiences!