“Best excursion ever”

Joe Knows Tours
Ranked #4 of 172 Tours in St. Lucia
“Best excursion ever”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

5 people and myself went and Had a blast. Crew was awesome by do a must do. Ask for snoop dogg big al and big willy. Thanks for a great time.

Boston, Massachusetts
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Great Tour - Highlight of our Trip”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We had a great tour with the real Snoop Dogg, Big Al and Big Willie! This was a wonderful way to see the views of the island from the sea. I have to say I was a bit hesitant to take the tour after some reviews but am very glad I did. I've read many complaints about the crude humor and partying but I found the humor very respecitable (we did a land tour earlier in the week and the humor was crude joke after joke). I think the crew had some fun with the group but would not consider it partying, Big Willie was always at the wheel and Snoop Dogg did a bit of limboing to entertain us. Biggie Al and Snoop Dogg sat down with us and got to know each of us, where we were from and told us some knowledge they had about each state.country we were all from.. Big Al gave us some great information regarding each area of the island we were passing. While the rum punch was flowing it was only flowing to the guests. The mud baths and waterfall were a bit rushed, but that seemed to be the same with all the groups there and the snorkeling was great, plenty of time in the water. Lunch was buffet style and it was nice to eat some more authentic food that amerianized food at the hotels. I thought this was the best tour we did one the island and would highly recommend it!,

2 Thank Lcameron75
Charlotte, North Carolina
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wonderful overall tour of the island!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This tour was so much fun, and a great way to see a lot of the island from land and ocean. We booked the tour through them directly, not our Sandals La Toc (which we recommend) resort. So day of our tour, JR called out my husband by name and gave him a hug and sat us at the front of his boat! They saw that THREE cruise ships had pulled into port, so adjusted the day's schedule a bit to stay ahead of the crowds.

You start out on the boat, we picked up a couple in Marigot Bay along the way. We landed and then took vans to the mud bath. You walk down, they have a bucket of mud that you apply to yourself, and spouse, let it dry and then rinse off in the 100 degree sulfphur springs bath. Our skin felt amazing after! Then the vans took us to a beatiful, refreshing water fall. Then we headed back for a local lunch, which was pretty good. Then got back on the boats, got full view of the Pitons, and then stopped for some snorkeling. They don't have fins, but you're able to enjoy it just the same. Heads, guys in canoes come up to you here and try to sell you things. It was annoying, but didn't ruin the trip.

Heading back we stopped to drop the couple back off in Marigot Bay. A fellow tourist noticed the Dolittle Restaurant and offered to buy us all a round of beer if we didn't mind making the extra stop. JR left it up to the boat, of course we all said yes, so got a fun extra stop!

Since the tour went past Sandals La Toc, they dropped those of us staying there off at the resort, right on the beach on our way back! Was nice not to have to go back to the port and take the van back.

This is a high energy fun tour! We had a family of 4 on our boat and the JR and crew kept this mind which was nice. They monitored the music and made sure the kids had plenty of water and sodas to drink, while the adults had the choice of their amazing Rum Punch. Their rum punch was probably the best drink I had in St. Lucia.

I can't recommend this tour enough!!

1 Thank SatinDoll78
Nova Scotia, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun day trip!”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The Joe Knows tour was a highlight of our trip. But it may not be for everyone. Those young at heart would definitely enjoy more. Lots of dancing and hype and music playing which makes it a lot of fun for those who like that, which my husband and I did. You get to see a bit of everything, the highlight for me was the authentic meal on the beach front. Wear lots of sunscreen (waterproof!) is my best advice to other travelers. My only recommendation about the trip is for a larger boat, other similar tours I've been on were more catamaran style so that you could walk around and have a bit more space while on the water, plus they are easier to get in and out of the water and have bathrooms on the boat (although there were facilities at the stops on land). But overall a really fun day!

1 Thank hsjami
Brighton, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Water please!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Loved the places visited on the excursion (pitons, mud bath, waterfall) but didn't enjoy the overall experience.
In high temperatures it's very important to keep properly hydrated. This is common sense. But on this boat you had to ask and ask for water, although rum punch was offered constantly from around 9.30 to 3.30. This is unusual as most tours discourage consumption of alcohol before snorkelling.
As for entertainment, the crew enjoyed exposing and gyrating their bellies to loud music and whooping the whole time. Ho hum! Not my idea of a treat.
And the humour was extremely crude.
We've done similar excursions with other providers previously and had a great time. However Joe Knows seemed remarkably unprofessional. We were really glad to get off that boat. Definitely do not recommend.