“Make sure you have an underwater camera for each of you”
Review of Made in St. Lucia

Made in St. Lucia
Ranked #20 of 36 Shopping in St. Lucia
More attraction details
Owner description: Find this popular craft store at the Gablewoods Shopping Mall.
Reviewed 27 October 2012

To be honest, I was scared to do this. I have messed up ears so I knew I could not Scuba, but my hubby thought I should be able to Snuba since you only go down 20 feet max.

We had a loooong horrible bus ride from La Toc to the Grande - but that had nothing to do with the Snuba people. There just aren't any straight roads in St. Lucia.

When we got there they had us fill out forms and stuff. One of the guides talked to me about my ears and advised me on what to do. Then we got our masks and flippers and some instruction. This seemed to take for ever to me, but my hubby said it wasn't that long.

We got in the water and hooked up to our air tanks. I was kind of freaking out a bit so it took me some time to get my breathing under control and to get used to the equipment. But once I was calm, it was great.

We explored the bottom of the ocean in groups of four with a guide. She was great about pointing things out to us and showing us where certain creatures hide. Make sure you have an underwater camera with you! And 27 photo's was not enough! I ran out before finding the sea horse. :( I enjoyed exploring so much that I did not follow the advise given to me about my ears, so I was a bit uncomfortable for a day or so after - but that s my own fault. I knew not to go deeper, but did anyway. We were only in the water for about 20 minutes, but for me that was enough. My ears hurt and I was tired of breathing canned air.

BTW, they have underwater camera's for sale, and they are cheaper then they were in the gift shop.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Let me start by saying that my husband is a certified scuba diver, and I had only done snorkeling at this point, so we had varying expertise on this. We were a little nervous when we got in the van for this excursion and were driven five minutes from our resort (Sandals Grande St. Lucian). We had been snorkeling all around the property there, so we thought, "Oh no! We're going to see all of the same stuff". Well, our thoughts were spot on, but we actually saw less. The water was very cloudy. We didn't see very much wildlife other than one puffer fish. My husband said that it was probably a good introduction for me to scuba, but it definitely was disappointing. We could've spent our $140 elsewhere. :(

1  Thank Tracelajune
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Just come back off holiday and I had to write to congratulate the team at Castries, especially Cocopops. Never done it before and after a great instruction by Judy, we headed out into the bay. Had a few occasions to come back up to the surface, but our leader, Cocopops was very patient and made sure I was ok. A great introduction to the depths of the sea.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

I have snorkled before, but never Snuba or Scuba. Judy and the rest of her team did a great job in teaching us, and guiding us in our 45 minute Snuba adventure. I really enjoyed it as a change of pace from just snorkeling. I would definitely do it again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Whilst cruising with P & O in the Caribbean we stopped in St. Lucia where we know they make the famous Banana Ketchup ( a must have item). We have been previously to a supermarket near the open air market so went again to purchase the said item. We were paying with u.s. dollars but came upon a snag. They would not accept most of the notes which we tried to pay with as some of them had been written upon, some had turned up corners, some had official bank stamps etc. etc. The notes had to be absolutely pristine which most of ours were not. However, we managed to scrape up enough money with coins to pay for the items. This is just a warning to fellow travellers that some notes may not be acceptable in all shops. This could be an embarassing situation but obviously they have been instructed from their bank not to accept "defaced" notes.

2  Thank trav2_12