“A Taste of St. Lucia Buffet”

The Beacon Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 275 Restaurants in St. Lucia
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The restaurant is already discussed in your forums. I just can't find a listing for it so that I can review it. I don't know the street number (not much on the internet about it), but it is on West Coast Rd, Soufriere, St. Lucia. It was very clean and well decorated. The view of the Pitons and the food were both excellent. It is on the West Coast Rd north of Soufriere.
Reviewed 17 January 2018

Our tour group stopped here as part of a day traveling to the volcanic mud baths at Soufriere. This charming roadside establishment is perfectly situated for the glorious view of the Pitons.

We sat on the inside of the restaurant sheltered from the rain. On a sunnier day, however, I would have preferred the patio for better views. The food at this buffet was plentiful and included a nice mix of vegetables, salads, lots of carb-like dishes of rice, beans, and plantains, but also had some decent chicken and fish. My favorite was the fish with the West Indies mustard based hot sauce, which I liked so much we bought a big bottle to bring home. We finished our meal with some delicious banana ice cream.

Service was fine, but this isn't fine dining. It's casual island fare at a good price with a fantastic view.

DaviddSolomon, Guest Relations Manager at The Beacon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Hello MrKevin
Thank you for this review. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your meal. Thanks for stopping by.
Remember, our hot sauce goes in hot and comes out hotter! Enjoy every bit of it
Come back anytime. God bless

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

We came to the Beacon Restaurant because of its high ratings.

I am sorry to say that we found it disappointing. We should have read the infornation better that it serves only a buffet. My wife only wanted to eat something small, so we asked for the menu. We were, as an answer, indicated to take our plates to the buffet and make our choice. The food was not bad, but for me overpriced at ECD 35. The food did not appeal enough to my wife, so she skipped lunch.

We should also have realised that a restaurant with so many tourist buses outside would most likely not meet our expectations. It was very busy indeed. And service was consequently very minimal. It felt to me more as a tourist trap.

The location is great, bit we came here for lunch. I guess that the location is reflected in the high ratings.

1  Thank Johan17
DaviddSolomon, Guest Relations Manager at The Beacon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hello Johan17,
I am really sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. We always advise the staff to notify our guest that apart from chicken/fish with potato fries and/or sandwiches, we only serve a buffet, because we do get that not everyone is into buffets and some people like having options from a Menu. I truly apologize.

However, I respectfully disagree that $EC 35 is overpriced for a buffet with a complementary drink and desert, in fact it is the cheapest you will get in St.Lucia.
We do apologize for the minimal service and making it feel like a tourist trap. Those weren't our intentions.
We love making our guest feel like family and the 5 star people they are.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

This restaurant was included as part of a tour we took on the island. There was only limited food (not enough to feed our group and they wouldn't replenish the small amount of food. The food was terrible and the service was also terrible. I do NOT recommend this and will hope that the tours will change the agreement they have with this place. It was truly a disappointment.

DaviddSolomon, Guest Relations Manager at The Beacon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Good day Jennifer E,
It is so disappointing to know that you had such a bad experience with us.
However, concerning the food, we always replenish the buffet for each tour we get.
The problem is that the tour guides refuse to wait for refreshed food from the kitchen so most times they let their tours eat regardless of what it has or how it is depending on the time they have. But we do apologize for the terrible service you and your tour group received that day.

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Came here for a pre ordered ‘snack’ as part of a half day tour of Soufriere. We were given fried chicken, plantain chips, dip, salt fish fritters and sorrel Christmas drink. The food was really great and there was simply loads of it - we certainly didn’t need lunch after this so called snack! The view over the Pitons is outstanding and the proper meals people were having also looked great

Good day hrmanager,
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your snacks and time with us in Soufriere.
Thank you for stopping by and we hope you stop by again anytime you're in town!

Reviewed 10 December 2017

We recently had lunch at the Beacon while touring St. Lucia. The lunch was a variety of local cuisine, which was very well prepared. The highlight, however, is the view. The Beacon is on a hill directly across from the Pitons, offering a magnificent view.

We recommend!

Thank you for your review and we are ever so glad that you experience with us.
Hope you come back for more of that view and food anytime!