“fantastic riding experience in St. Lucia”

Atlantic Shores Riding Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located on the southern tip of the tropical island of St. Lucia, Atlantic Shores Riding Stable is the quintessential stop to experience in the Caribbean. Whether you are coming from a cruise ship or island resort, this stable is fit for an adventure for the whole family. Surrounded by thick rainforest and breathtaking ocean views from sea cliffs and secluded beaches, this stable offers tail rides through the pristine countryside. Catering to all skill levels, this stable treats their creole horses with the utmost care and safety is the top concern. Focusing more on smaller groups, you will venture out on horseback to ride on either a 2 hour beach ride or 3 hour country trail. Each ride will take you through gently rolling hills with velvety soft grasses, dramatic and steep sea cliffs towering over turquoise waters, and private beaches where you are free to gallop through the powder-soft sands. If the weather is right, you may even spend some time splashing with your horse in the warm Caribbean waves. You will have plenty of opportunities for photographs while on horseback, and your riding guide will introduce you to the history and culture of this tropical oasis. This part of the island hasn't been touched in centuries, so you can bask in the peace and quiet. Transfers are offered at a price for anyone arriving by cruise ship or from your private resort on the island. Our stable has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate Of Excellence Award for 2015 and 2016 for outstanding service as a trusted and reputable tour operator in St.Lucia
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We only had a day in St. Lucia as the island was one of the stops on our caribbean cruise, but we spent the entire day with Atlantic Shores Riding Stables. The event was pre-booked with Melvin over the internet and through phone calls, but the arrangements were perfect!

A driver met us at the cruise port, and we spent the next hour driving across the island, through the tropical rain forests. It was a beautiful drive, with the driver providing us much information on the geography and people of st. lucia.

We arrived at the Atlantic Shores riding stables, and our horses were ready to go. Max, and his son marvin were our guides for a private two hour adventure across the island, and along costal beaches. It was my first time on a horse, and Max made sure I was OK, while my kids galloped ahead under Marvin's guidance, as they are are far more experienced.

The land we travelled over was Max's Farm homestead, consisting of about 400 acres, that has been passed down to him from his father and grandfather. Max is a proud farmer, and the stables are only one part of the farm operation, where the horses are well cared for and well treated. Quite simply, we could not have chosen a better stable to ride with on St. Lucia.

Our driver waited for us, while we rode, and then drove us over to a seaside restaurant for a bit of lunch. It was very reasonable, and the ocean scenery was wonderful.

After lunch our driver took us back to the cruise port in Castries, and she was very helpful in allowing us to stop at a few spots for pictures and also at the Saturday market in Castries, to pickup a few souvenirs, one of which was a carving of a horse!

We arrived back at the cruise port with plenty of time to spare before the ship sailed out at the end of the day.

Quite simply, it was a marvelous experience, and I believe it spoke highly of all the peoples of St. Lucia. In fact, St. Lucia was the best of 5 caribbean stops we made on this cruise. We will return to St. Lucia one day, for an entire vacation.

2  Thank Ian M

Reviewed 16 December 2013

I booked this excursion in St Lucia during our Eastern Caribbean cruise on Carnival. I had never booked an excursion that wasn't through the cruise ship and had a few nerves.I had a friend who booked the horseback riding excursion through Carnival and was not that impressed with his trip. I was so worried about weather, how 10 people were going to get there, what if we missed getting back to the ship, etc.and messaged questions constantly. Wayne and his staff were wonderful at answering any questions that I had before and after booking and made a few suggestions like bringing towels to put over the saddle, etc.. He quoted us a price that was comparable to the cruise ship's excursion price which included the expense of the ride to and from at a very reasonable price. He arranged for a taxi ride from the dock to their location (about 45min away) which had gorgeous views and our drivers (we took 2 cars) were full of info.
When we arrived there we were greeted with smiles and handshakes. Wayne introduced us to Melville and the other gentlemen who helped at the stables. We were all matched up with horses that suited our riders (some had never rode or rode very little to the experience riders) and given our helmets. Wayne stashed our extra bags in the truck as we would see him on the trail. Water would be available if needed as the sun was super hot. We left for a two hour ride through the countryside and hills and eventually ended up on the beach. We got off the horses for a bit to cool off in the water and then mounted up again and rode the horses through the edge of the water. Breath taking views the whole time. The horses were well behaved and made for an enjoyable time. Melville (one of our guides on the ride) answered any questions and seemed to know the best spots for picture taking. Before we headed back to the ship we stopped at a small bar & grill for some lunch and more gorgeous views. Wayne had us back to the ship well ahead of time and we even got to do a little shopping before boarding.
I was so amazed at how gorgeous St Lucia was. Seeing it from the views that we had on the horses was fabulous. I could not give the descriptions justice. Seeing is believing.
I will always book with Wayne when we return to St Lucia whether it be for horseback riding or just sight seeing. He is the man with the hookup!

2  Thank Patricia A
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We met Wayne and Max early one Saturday morning and were thrilled by the freindliness of these guys. Wayne walked us throught the horses and what to expect. Max was our trail guide.
My wife and I were signed up for a three hour ride through the mountains and beaches of St. Lucia. I gotta tell you, some of the views we got of the Island were very impressive. After about an hour my wife was feeling really uneasy but it was no problem to get here back to the stables as Max and I continued to ride. I had not been on a horse for a long time but it was just like riding a bike. It all came back. We worked our way to the top of a butte overlooking the Atlantic Ocean that was spectacular. We then worked our way down to Honeymoon Beach where we rode along side the waves. What a wonderfull feeling. I galloped the horse along the beach and it was great. We actually worked our way around a rock outcropping to a smaller strech of beach that was just beautiful.
While max and I continued the ride my wife was entertained at the stables by two young boys (Maxes sons I think) who were so nice. They showed her around the whole place, sat on a bench and talked with her, and even offered a fresh grapefruit and peeled it for her and everything. What a wonderful experience this was.
The final thing, on the ride back to the resort the taxi driver took us on a detour through Viieux Fort that was thrilling. It was Saturday, Market day there in Vieux Fort. to see all the locals out shopping, buying and selling there goods was so cool.
Yes this attraction is on the South end of the Island but well worth anyones time to visit. Wonderful people, running some wonderful animals, on some beautiful private land! Worth the effort, time and money to visit.

1  Thank John J
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband surprised me with a horse riding tour as a BDAY gift/Honeymoon gift. He chose Atlantic Shores Riding and I have to say it was a beautiful/romantic experience. The horses are very nice and in very well shape.We did the 1 hour tour and it was magnificent. The trail started on the country side of the island, ending on a beautiful beach called honeymoon beach. The views were beyond beautiful!!!! If you are looking for the most beautiful views/exciting and romantic horse riding then chose Atlantic Shores Riding. We totally recommend them!!!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

My Husband and I had the most amazing experience on this ride with Max. The horses are great and the views on the ride are INCREDIBLE. I would highly recommend Atlantic Shores Riding Stables to EVERYONE!