“The best excursion we did in Antigua!”

Atlantic Shores Riding Stables
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located on the southern tip of the tropical island of St. Lucia, Atlantic Shores Riding Stable is the quintessential stop to experience in the Caribbean. Whether you are coming from a cruise ship or island resort, this stable is fit for an adventure for the whole family. Surrounded by thick rainforest and breathtaking ocean views from sea cliffs and secluded beaches, this stable offers tail rides through the pristine countryside. Catering to all skill levels, this stable treats their creole horses with the utmost care and safety is the top concern. Focusing more on smaller groups, you will venture out on horseback to ride on either a 2 hour beach ride or 3 hour country trail. Each ride will take you through gently rolling hills with velvety soft grasses, dramatic and steep sea cliffs towering over turquoise waters, and private beaches where you are free to gallop through the powder-soft sands. If the weather is right, you may even spend some time splashing with your horse in the warm Caribbean waves. You will have plenty of opportunities for photographs while on horseback, and your riding guide will introduce you to the history and culture of this tropical oasis. This part of the island hasn't been touched in centuries, so you can bask in the peace and quiet. Transfers are offered at a price for anyone arriving by cruise ship or from your private resort on the island. Our stable has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate Of Excellence Award for 2015 and 2016 for outstanding service as a trusted and reputable tour operator in St.Lucia
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Tamworth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“The best excursion we did in Antigua!”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

My wife and I were staying at the Coconut Bay resort near Vieux Fort and booked this tour with our resort rep. It had been a while for both of us and I am a virtual novice in terms of horse riding but Max picked out Spice for me and Chester for my wife. Both horses were beautifully looked after and (reasonably) well behaved! Spice is a little older than Chester and liked to get up close behind him to wind him up which made Chester want to kick him but that was down to my inexperience rather than anything to do with the selection of the horses, once our guide had pointed that out, I was able to keep Spice under more control.

We went cross country and down to the beach where we could ride along the shore. Being on horseback gave you a different perspective on the Atlantic Coast and access to fantastic beaches and scenery. All in all a great few hours and something I would thoroughly recommend.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Tito1999
Atlantic Shores R, Manager at Atlantic Shores Riding Stables, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thanks for the wonderful review. I am happy you enjoyed the trail ride with us. Just wanted to point out a lil error with your title for post..it says Antigua instead of St.Lucia :) Thanks again and do hope you choose to come back to St.Lucia and pay us another visit in the near future. I am sure Chess and Spice will be more than happy to take you to the beach :)

“Amazing !”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We went on a private tour with Max. He really took his time with us and at 4pm the weather was amazing ..March seems like the best time of year to visit as far as the weather is concerned. Around 85 degrees . The scenic view off the trail is breath taking

Visited March 2014
cambridge
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Magical”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We past by the Atlantic Shores Riding Stables during our St Lucia holiday in January. We were welcomed by Leslie, who immediately arrange for us a 1h riding session although we hadn't booked anything.
My husband and I had no experience riding, but Leslie was a fantastic guide, making sure we were comfortable and feeling safe all the time.
The horses were great, and so was the equipment. But the real gem here is the scenery: we rode through private lands, only accessible through the stables. The landscape was totally different from what we had seen so far in St Lucia, and it was truly beautiful. Views of the ocean, a walk on the beach, plenty of horses in the fields...wonderful memories!
Highly highly recommended!

Visited January 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Favorite Excursion of Cruise”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We booked the Atlantic Shores Riding Tour over the phone. I didn't really worry because of all the good reviews, and our excursion lived up to everything I had hoped. Max was so polite and nice as he gave us a tour of his private farm. When we got to the beach it was breathtaking. He really could charge so much more for this excursion. It really is one of the best ones you can book because so many of the others are taking mass amounts of people, where with this one they have a prearranged agreement with the taxi service, so we didn't even have to pay, then they gave us an amazing tour over their private property. It is so worth it and I highly recommend this company.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Lisahi52
Guelph, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“fantastic riding experience in St. Lucia”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We only had a day in St. Lucia as the island was one of the stops on our caribbean cruise, but we spent the entire day with Atlantic Shores Riding Stables. The event was pre-booked with Melvin over the internet and through phone calls, but the arrangements were perfect!

A driver met us at the cruise port, and we spent the next hour driving across the island, through the tropical rain forests. It was a beautiful drive, with the driver providing us much information on the geography and people of st. lucia.

We arrived at the Atlantic Shores riding stables, and our horses were ready to go. Max, and his son marvin were our guides for a private two hour adventure across the island, and along costal beaches. It was my first time on a horse, and Max made sure I was OK, while my kids galloped ahead under Marvin's guidance, as they are are far more experienced.

The land we travelled over was Max's Farm homestead, consisting of about 400 acres, that has been passed down to him from his father and grandfather. Max is a proud farmer, and the stables are only one part of the farm operation, where the horses are well cared for and well treated. Quite simply, we could not have chosen a better stable to ride with on St. Lucia.

Our driver waited for us, while we rode, and then drove us over to a seaside restaurant for a bit of lunch. It was very reasonable, and the ocean scenery was wonderful.

After lunch our driver took us back to the cruise port in Castries, and she was very helpful in allowing us to stop at a few spots for pictures and also at the Saturday market in Castries, to pickup a few souvenirs, one of which was a carving of a horse!

We arrived back at the cruise port with plenty of time to spare before the ship sailed out at the end of the day.

Quite simply, it was a marvelous experience, and I believe it spoke highly of all the peoples of St. Lucia. In fact, St. Lucia was the best of 5 caribbean stops we made on this cruise. We will return to St. Lucia one day, for an entire vacation.

Visited December 2013