“Not what we expected!!”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Not what we expected!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and I with two other couples ages 36 to 52 arrived in St. Lucia via the Celebrity Summit. This was our first time in St. Lucia and we had high expectations after hearing so many good things about this island. We had been told to make sure we saw the Pitons and we also wanted to zipline on this island. After doing some research, I found a tour that would include both. We booked with Maximum Chill Out and our tour included a boat ride to Soufriere to see the Pitons, our zipline tour, a stop at a beach for a swim and another stop at Marigot Bay to take some pics. As soon as we got on the boat, we noticed it was VERY old and dirty. The "bathroom" was totally disgusting...I would have rather peed in a bucket on the back of the boat. We didn't really care for the town of Soufriere. We were picked up by van to make our way to the zipline tour through Hotwire Pitons Zipline Adventure (or something like that). We were told we were late which was because we ended up waiting for almost an hour before leaving the actual port...and we don't even know what the hold up was. Because we were apparently "late", we were RUSHED through our zipline adventure. The instructions were fast and not very clear. We didn't even have time to take pictures since we weren't even unhooked that they would be sending the next person down the line (SAFETY??). I'm sure we were done in about 15 minutes and there was 8 ziplines. I ziplined last year in St. Kitts and it was MUCH better! Once we were done, we wanted a group picture before getting out of our gear. We were told we didn't have time cause we were late and didn't want to miss our boat. So we hurried up, only to wait 15 minutes for our van to bring us back to the boat. Once we arrived at the boat, we had to wait over 30 minutes for the rest of the crew (they had done different tours). It was VERY hot and they had no food for us, only water or pop. So much for rushing through our tour...only to WAIT!! On our way back we stopped at a beach for a swim but it wasn't a very nice beach. The motor on the boat was REALLY loud, we could hardly hear ourselves speak. There was NO music on the boat at all and no entertainment. I ended sleeping for most of the drive there and back. It really wasn't worth the $104US we had to pay for this tour! Would NOT recommend this tour! For this reason, St. Lucia was on the bottom of our list of the 6 islands we saw on this trip! I did ask for a discount but was refused! :(

Visited April 2014
2 Thank MelNovaScotia

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Want To Custom Tailor Your Trip.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Top Notch! Marvin aka Baby Shaq and son MJ worked with us to tailor our trip. Based on Marvin's recommendations and adaptability, we saw what meant the most to us--sometimes decidedly off the beaten track! My daughter and I highly recommend him for those who wish to both see the sites and do their own thing. Fabulous.

Visited March 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great tour with MJ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

My boyfriend and I were recently in St. Lucia for vacation, and we chose Maximum Chill for our tour guide. We had a great experience with MJ for a day long tour of the island and also a ride to the airport. MJ gave us tips for the island and made sure we didn't get scammed! We settled on a price with Martin and that is what we paid. I would highly recommend Max Chill Tours.

Visited February 2014
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great private snorkeling tour with Joseph”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

It was just my husband, Joseph, and me in a little boat trip. We were staying at Fond Doux Holiday Plantation. We were picked up at the resort for the trip. Because it was just the three of us we were able to custom the trip to us. We mainly enjoyed hoping out of the boat at different snorkeling locations up the coast, but we could have also stopped to eat at restaurants or visit little towns. This boat tour was one of the highlights of our trip.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Kim H
Germantown, MD
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 303 helpful votes
“A Feast for the Senses”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Peak experience! So glad we took this trip - definitely a highlight of the cruise! Maximum Chill was located to the left when we exited the cruise ship among the many tour operators. Our tour was with No Limit, Juno Tours, No Links Tour and J.N. Louis was our guide. J.N. Louis worked for No Links, so I guess find the tour that offers the speed boat ride and bus ride to the Pitons, volcano, and Anse Chastanet Beach. Most tours just offered a bus ride to the Pitons and other locations.

The tour offered a speed boat ride and bus to the Pitons. We zipped along at 50 mph to the Petit and Gros Piton mountain peaks, stopping to see the "millionaire" houses first. Seeing the mountains from the boat is much better than from on-land, since you can see both at once and see the big picture. After the adrenaline raising, fun boat ride, we boarded a bus to Anse la Raye waterfall where you could stand underneath the pounding water which felt stingy and smelled metallic. J.N. Louis offered to pick up lunch for about $15 a person. We left him off and proceeded to the volcano/sulfer fumed areas...very stinky. Nearby, for a extra $5 charge which the tour driver paid for us, is the mud baths. A large cement tub filled with wonderfully warm, muddy water. Farther up the warm stream, you could pick up clumps of mud from a bucket and rub it on yourself before you head back to the muddy bath to "rinse" off. There were no showers. The water was delightfully warm and slippery with the mud. When is the last time you played in the mud?
After a bus and boat ride to Anse Chastanet Beach, which was my #1 place I had wanted to go based on Trip Advisor reviews but would have been along expensive taxi ride, we ate our local box lunches - fresh fish or chicken with rice and salad (cabbage & carrots). It was good to try the local food and not have to buy lunch at the expensive resort bar. The beach was small and shaded from the trees and mountains. I saw some sgt majors, parrot fish, and a white eel near the cliffs while snorkeling. You had to be careful of the boats coming in. Then, it was time for a super fast ride back to the cruise ship, bumping on the waves, rum punch, rum and cokes flowing, music blaring. We arrived back at 3:45 pm; ship left at 5:00 pm. We started at 10:30 am.

J.N. Louis with No Links tour really knew how to work the crowd and make the expereince into a fun party. We had a fantastic time and highly recommend the tour.

Visited December 2012