“Island Treasure”
Review of Auberge Seraphine

Auberge Seraphine
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The rooms were clean and gave us a beautiful and relaxing view of the tree full of egrets, as well as the harbor and the hills surrounding Castries. The staff was always eager to serve any desire from a dish of their delicious rum and raisin ice cream to a special request for a breakfast for five of green fig and saltfish(St. Lucian National Dish) which had to be ordered at least a day in advance. Even the nightly romantic overtures of the tree frogs became musical toward the end of our stay.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We are locals and we visited the hotel in August. We were really looking forward to staying there after reading all the great reviews on this place, plus there was free wifi in the rooms so i knew that i would be able to catch up on some work. Unfortunately it was not what we expected. The room didn't even have a mini fridge to bgin with, so in order to get a cold drink we had to go to the bar and to make it worse the wifi kept on dropping so i was unable to get much work done. The bar staff and dinner staff were friendly, but the breakfast staff were not too friendly and very unprofessional. One of them wore flip flops while serving which i found to be very strange and unprofessional since ive been in the hotel industry for over 10 years. I tried to overlook all those things and tried to make the best of my stay at the hotel. On the day of departure, after breakfast i went to the front desk to ask what time was checkout. I was told noon. It was a bit after 10am when i asked. When i got to the room, the phone rang and the receptionist informed me that we would have to leave the room at 11 because the maintenance department has to carry out some work in there. That was it for me. I hung up the phone and we left the room immediately which was about 10:30 am. At this point i wanted to ask for a refund but decided against it. I would say that my stay was horrible due to the unprofessional-ism of staff and poor service and i never want to visit this place again. Out
of the many hotels which we have stayed in St Lucia, this one was the most disappointing stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sasha_D_12627
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The Auberge is a small family run hotel in Castires. It is an old, hotel, but that only adds to the 'charm'. Our room (deluxe king) was simple, but large, clean and comortable and it had a nice balcony.

The location is excellent, between the airport and town, and close to both. It overlooks a small marina. On Thursdays you can observe cruise ships arriving and departing the cruise terminal nearby. There is no beach near the hotel, but there is a small pool on the first floor terrace.

All the staff are very friendly, but especially the evening waiter in the restaurant and Pamela at the reception.

The food in the restaurant is good, but unfortunately not all the items mentioned on the menu are always available (one dish needs to be ordered in advance).

The hotel has a good (and free) wifi connection which also worked well in the room.

Our room had a 'built-in' ironing board as a nice little extra feature (although it would have been nicer if it had not been placed in such a prominent location on the wall).

I will surely stay here when I visit Castries again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ambull
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I live in Soufriere the other end of the Island from this property,

frequently we have to go to the capital on business and to be honest we are extremely picky, ok I am, ( Monica)so I select a few places to have lunch the Augberge is amazing

The service is impeccable , the food superb the value unbeatable, and not only that one has a spotless clean white table cloth, flowers on the table , chilled wine, fresh baked bread, amazing view .

The owners and staff are fabulous, and make sure we are well looked after, seriously what more can one want.

I look forward to eating at this property.

I have to thank the owners and staff for looking after us

Monica and Martin
crystals

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Crystals-Soufriere
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Very friendly and courteous staff. My first impression was that I was pleased but not overwhelmed.
Some little things were missing such as washroom amenities. As the week went on, I began to better appreciate the entire package. The restaurant especially in the evening serves really very good local food - Mahi Mahi, Dorado, Tuna, Shrimp, etc. The room on the upper level had its own private patio which became a favorite evening haunt for a nightcap. Rooms 203,204 and 303,304 offer very private good size accommodation with a view of Vigie Bay and all of the boating traffic. For someone on business, this served as a pleasant distraction. There are several poolside rooms which looked nice but are obviously less private. I was there just recently in July and the hotel was not crowded. From the hotel there several places I could go when I found the time. You should go to the Coal Pot restaurant just across the bay and a five or so minute walk. It is one of the best restaurants on the island if not the best.
My experience at the Auberge Seraphine only got better as the week went along. Hopefully, my wife and I will visit St. Lucia on holiday and the Auberge would be at the top of the list. It is not a resort it the typical manner whilst it does offer something more low key, very pleasant and great value.

Room Tip: Rooms 203,204,303,304 are largest with private balconies and lovely views of the bay and surrounding...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This was the most relaxing and beautiful place in St. Lucia. Very low Key poolside, perfect for gathering your thoughts and rejuvenating. One floor below there is a wonderful restaurant with an open view of the bay. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Room service is with out flaw, as well as housekeeping. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to St. Lucia.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Visited this hotel a few times over the winter whilst my ship called into Castries for the day. Lovely small, boutique hotel with ok service and a great small pool. Food good value, drinks inexpensive and it's hidden just around the corner from where cruise ships dock. YOu have to be clever to find it (if you visit whilst on a cruise ship you'll know what I mean)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Casa del Vega
#5 of 13 in Gros Islet
Villa Beach Cottages
Villa Beach Cottages
#3 of 12 in Castries

Been to Auberge Seraphine? Share your experiences!