“Wonderful little resort”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Santa Clara, California
“Wonderful little resort”
Reviewed 5 December 2012

Stayed here for a week here to watch some cricket in St. Lucia. The hotel was one of the recommendations from Amex Travel desk and I know they were right the moment I got there.

The hotel had arranged for a cab to pick me up.. check in was smooth. The hotel did not have land line or intercom and gave a cell phone instead (local calls were free, receiving calls were free and that worked great for me).

My room was spacious and had fantastic view of Rodney Bay.. The whole ambiance of the room just screamed luxury. The staff was friendly, helped me every time I had a question or concern. The in-house restaurant/bar were pretty good. There are some stores, an internet cafe, and Wifi was free near the reception area and worked well enough.

The resort is few minutes away from the Cricket ground and is also close to a lot of attractions. You will of course need a transport and hotel will gladly arrange for one.

The Nightlife of Castires with bunch of bars, clubs etc are a few minutes of walk and it seemed very very safe to walk alone at late night.

Would love to stay again.

Last stayed here July 1 - July 7, 2009.

Room Tip: 1. Have a drink or two at "The Lime" which is pretty close by. Worth the visit and it is o...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Sheshagiri S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Reviewed 4 December 2012 via mobile

We had the opportunity of looking around before choosing this hotel, it is small friendly hotel situation on the harbour side with great views in a truly relaxing environment. the hotel is centrally located within a few minutes walk of all the bars and restaurants Rodney Bay has to offer and only 3 minutes walk from reduit beach the best in St Lucia. We stayed in a luxury suite with jacuzzi and our own balcony and separate sun deck, theyvare well worth the extra money over the regular rooms, the rooms are large with a lounge kitchenette and plenty of wardrobe space, the view across the harbour was great and we had our own piece of tranquility in this wonderful island. The hotel has a pub that serves breakfast and a delux restaurant called the edge for that special holiday meal. We found the reception staff to be very friendly and helpful, a big thanks to Sharon who was always very helpful and provided excellent service with a smile throughout our stay. The hotel is 3* but don't be put off by this, the 4* properties we looked at did not offer the same comparable rooms and in general were not as good, over priced and crowded, this really is a little gem, and I have no issue with recommending it to others.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank AJMUK
Trinidad
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed there last month I booked a Premium suite that sleeps 3 but there was only 1 bed room and u could hv seen that they just shift the chairs to the corner and placed in a cot in the LIVING ROOM .so who every slept there had no ac and the place was hot ,when I asked about it I was told thats how they do it there and I saw a other review where some one said they stayed in room 28 and thats a 1 bed room suite .In the hotels site I an sure I read that a premium suite is a large room, room 28 there was not enough walking space so I paid for a premium suite and got a classic certainly did not get what I paid for .The hotel was in a good location but when some one goes on a vacation they want comfort not to be cramped into a small room and at least they should get what is advertised and most importantly what is paid for ..

Room Tip: Call and speak to some one abt what u want dont book based on the pictures on their site.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank shanny62
Sacramento, California, United States
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My wife and I visited St Lucia Sept 2012. The island was beautiful but very hot. Our stay at Harmony Suites was memorable. The room was very clean and cozy. It was located near the stores and restraunts. Harmony Suites did not have any ice during our entire week stay. The refrigerator was very small. The food at the hotel restraunt was below average. We ordered breakfast one morning and my wife and I did not order again. We ate out pretty much everyday, which was rather expensive. We did not find a restraunt where we really enjoyed the food. If we ever return to St Lucia, we'll spend the extra money and stay at an all inclusive resort. The staff was nice, the swimming pool was warm ans relaxing. I would rate Harmony Suites as a 3.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room with a refrigerator.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Central Florida
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed at Harmony on my first trip to St. Lucia on an Expedia package flight/lodging deal.

It was a good stay, very clean room, nice staff, and in a secure area. I would recommend this for those who are more the adventuresome type, that aren't looking for the all inclusive type resort many who travel here look for. We rented a car, and made our own adventure, and the resort was fantastic for a home base. Didn't eat here, but did use the kitchenette in the room.

I wasn't thrilled that the pool was only open from 6a-6pm, but we didn't end up with time to use it anyway after snorkeling, driving around and diving.

It is in walking distance to restaurants, grocery, and other amenities.

If you're going to whine about a few sugar ants around, go stay at Sandals and waste your $

I would definitely stay w/ Harmony again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travelbug478
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I found this to be a perfect little hotel, in a perfect location. I highly recommend Harmony Suites for a economical, safe, clean place to stay across the road from the beach and around the corner and up the block from all of the clubs, bars and restaurants in Rodney Bay Village. There are two malls and two big, clean supermarkets less than 10 minutes walk (in the malls). More restaurants than you can ever patronize less than 5 minutes walk away from the hotel.

Harmony Suites has 24 hour security and both the front door and the driveway gates are locked at 11 p.m. so you are nice and secure. I stayed in a "premium" suite which was really a 1 bedroom apartment. It was cute, very roomy, clean and quiet sufficient. The balcony was enormous and overlooked the pool with a good view of the harbor. I had a full kitchen with a little two burner stove and all the kitchen amenities needed to cook whatever. There are two full closets with more hangers than I have ever seen in any hotel room (this is important for us women). The bathroom is a comfortable size with plenty of hot water. The room attendants kept my unit spotless and fresh towels were never a problem. They even wash your dishes in the sink.

The bed in my unit was king sized and was outfitted with four of the best king sized pillows I have ever enjoyed. I want those pillows for my bed at home. To be honest, my unit did not look like the units in their pictures. My unit was larger and nicer. (Ask for Unit 28)

The pool is small but kept spotless and is very quiet. All in all, the entire hotel grounds are lovely and very quiet and peaceful. The lounge chairs on the dock overlooking the water are a great place to nap and/or take pictures.

All of the employees are friendly and very helpful.

Unless you need loads of luxury and/or want to waste money, this may be a great base for exploring the island and enjoying Rodney Bay. Everything is no more than a slow 5-10 minute walk with the best beach on the island only 2 minutes away.

Note, on the beach there are security personnel whose only job is to watch over the beach and keep it peaceful. The ladies in the sports huts will even watch your belongings while you swim or whatever, free of charge (please tip them).

Finally, because of Harmony Suites, I had one of the best vacations ever and the next time I visit St. Lucia, I would stay no where else.

Room Tip: Room 28 overlooks the pool and have a good view of a portion of the marina. Very large 1 bedroom uni...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank BigJ2
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I have stayed twice at Harmony Suites this year and was fortunate both times to stay in one of the waterfront rooms (#11!). Walk out from your room in the morning and watch the sun come up on your own dock. Great views of Rodney Bay ( I dont know why this hotel is listed in Castries...its ON Rodney Bay). Nice little English breakfast, great service, and terrific value. The Edge restaurant is on the property which is a premium eatery (with sushi bar!), but you can walk to any of a dozen great restaurants within 10 minutes. You can also access the beach through the Rex hotel across the street. Great service from the front desk to the bar...will stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Inxile22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Bay Gardens Hotel
Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet

Been to Harmony Suites? Share your experiences!