Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort
Harmony Suites(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$403
Hotels.com
Casa del Vega(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$58
US$309
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$180
bedfinder
Sandals Regency La Toc(Castries)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,053 results
All reviewsparadise poolquiet poolkelly's docksideour honeymoonst luciala tocbeach vendorsroad noisebeach grilllaid backjoe knowsclub roomwater sportsconcierge roomitalian restaurantmain poolshuttle bus
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Just returned from our vacation at Sandals Halcyon. It was my husband and I along with another couple. My husband and I were celebrating our 22nd anniversary. We all had an amazing time!!! I just read a review from a lady in Pensacola, FL and couldn't image that we stayed at the same place because our experience was NOTHING like that. We did have an ocean front butler room that was well worth it. Our butlers Wilard, Sylvia, Claudia, Joylyn took care of every need and then some. We dined at all the restaurants on the property except for Mario's and the food was great. The butlers served us one night up on a patio and the steak was amazing.. I read the reviews before booking and I knew the ocean wasn't crystal blue on the property but we enjoyed the beach and the butlers reserved our chairs each day and packed our coolers and done the same if we went to the pool for the day. The beer of the island is Piton which was very good. We done the Island Route Soufriere buggies tour and it was fantastic!! It was 6 hrs for beautiful scenic views and fun. I would highly recommend Halcyon. They all went above and beyond to be sure we all had a great experience. Thank you Sandals and please be sure to let Willard, Claudia, Sylvia, and Joylyn know Scott and Little Mama had a fantastic time!! We did take the helicopter instead of the shuttle transfer that was really nice and much quicker.

Room Tip: Do a Butler beachfront room
2  Thank bethhall1
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Upon arrival at the Halycon I thought I was in heaven, unfortunately upon departure I was gravely mistaken. To start on the first night staying here I tried to order a drink and was told “no” (after my boyfriend was given a hard time trying to order a glass of milk) and then the bar tender laughed and poured me what was left in the blender, a good drink never the less but not what I wanted. When I complained to management I was told that server would not be on shift the rest of the week, which she was which made for a very awkward and not very relaxed environment around the only night time bar.
At Mario’s I burnt my hand on a “hot” plate which was so hot the burn went straight to blister while I was at the dinner table. When I complained, I was told “Madame you were warned it was hot” not even an apology.
Room was not cleaned properly, see glass picture. Don’t know why I expected my glasses to be cleaned, and not just rinsed out.
On my second to last day there I went snorkeling on one of the Sandals boats. While getting ready to go into the water, I stepped on glass aboard the boat. When I told the crew one lady immediately asked if I had indeed actually stepped on glass, like I was mistaken about the glass in my foot. A man collected it from my foot and said yes indeed it was glass. Then some rogue first aid was done on my foot, as the whole bottle of alcohol was pressed to my foot and washed, thereby contaminating the whole bottle for future use. Any basic first aid training would teach you this. I did see the doctor on site the next day, at the request of Sandals, as I waited to see if anyone would check in with me first regarding my injury but no one came.
When I contacted Sandals about this injury, they said it did not happen. It was documented as a splinter. Well how would I have gotten a splinter on a motorboat and why send me to see anyone for a splinter? Bottom line someone is covering up that there was glass on the boat! So if you do get injured, first document, document, document and check what the hotel is writing in their report, even check the doctor’s report. Just protect yourself because Sandals does not care about its guests.
Day 5 and I am still waiting for a reply after they called me a lier.
It’s a shame really I planned on being a Sandals customer for life. Well on to SECRETS for me now!!!!
And don’t let Sandal keep you from a beautiful island with beautiful folks. The bean to bar trip was the best excursion I have ever been on, and I have been on quite a few, even better than diving with turtles in Maui, especially if you love chocolate.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Rachel T
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for your review, Rachel.
We were disappointed to hear that your stay at Sandals Halcyon Beach was not as expected. After receiving your initial complaint letter, we did launch a very thorough investigation regarding the incident you described on our dive boat. I apologize if you felt that you were being unnecessarily questioned but we wanted to ensure we accurately obtained all of your information so that we could best help you.
All staff members receive Emergency First Response Training. We do see that your foot was looked at on the boat by the dive staff and after you completed your snorkeling trip you were seen by our licensed nurse.
We regret to hear that you were unhappy with your treatment at the resort and that the offer we extended to you was not satisfactory. If you still have further concerns about your trip, we encourage you to reconnect with our customer service department.
I hope this message finds you well.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We are currently staying at the Halcyon and will be for quite a few more days we have a club level room which is situated behind a busy main road and the traffic can be heard at all times.We have eaten at three of the restaurants and the food lacks flavour and presentation the food is so salty I just cannot eat it the sauces are just bland mainly flour and salt. On the whole the staff are friendly but there is one wine waiter that is so rude and especially if you do not purchase one of his wines from the list. The supervisor at breakfast was very abrupt to me yet I saw her being so friendly and nice to other people perhaps she should try to treat all the guests the same.Agnes at the pool bar is such a pleasant lady always so polite and a smile on her face perhaps she could train other staff members to be like her.most of the waiting staff are professional and do their job to a reasonable standard.its a shame that a few staff really let this resort down.One thing is for sure we will never stay at a Sandals resort again give me couples resorts any day for service and food. We are going to try the restaurants at La Toc and the Grande to see what the food is like there but I have no expectations

6  Thank Seasonedtraveller076
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

I'm so sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying your stay with us. I will be contacting you via private message to see how we can resolve this matter while you are still on property. I encourage you to reach out to our Guest Services staff. They are always happy to assist and to see that our guests are having the best vacation experience possible. Please give us a chance to make this up to you. We always want to ensure that all of our guests are having a wonderful vacation and it would be nice if we were able to turn things around for you.

Thank you for your review. We look forward to making contact with you soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have just returned home from the Halcyon all I can say is wow! From the moment we arrived we were treated as if we were old customers instead of first timers!! The staff were amazing I would just like to single out a few, Amanda, Martha, Delores and Davina were so kind and helpful every member of staff from the gardeners to the chambermaid to the bar staff were polite and always greeted us as if they knew us personally. Agnes at the quiet pool was a great laugh & always gae good advice with the cocktails. I am very particular with cleanliness and our room was cleaned to a very high standard each day. The food is amazing the standard and presentation in every restaurant at the Halcyon was fab couldn't fault it & we eat out a lot at home. The restaurants at the other Sandals were fantastic as well & again we were treated like family. We will definately be returning if you are thinking of booking Book with confidence I don't understand the other previous comments we thought our holiday was the best we ever had thank you Sandals!

Room Tip: Our room 141 was close to Red Lane spa quiet & suited us
5  Thank LorraineB479
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We visited Halcyon Beach from 7th - 14th Nov 2013. From the moment we stepped off the plane to the moment we had to come home, it can only be described as paradise.
We took the helicopter transfer as we had been advised the journey by road was not good if you couldn't travel. It was amazing. The pilot informed us of various points along the way. On landing we were taken to the hotel by taxi. The driver was so lovely, chatting and joking all the way (well all 10 mins) On arrival at the hotel we were given champagne and cold towels. We were quickly taken to our room, ( our luggage was to follow later as it came by road) The room was exceptionally clean and private. We had taken swim wear in our hand luggage so made the most of the day and walked along the beach. The beach was a little disappointing as it wasn't quite the white sand and clear sea's we were expecting. However there were plenty of loungers and towels. Our luggage was waiting when we returned to our room. The staff were so happy and friendly and made our stay even more welcome. The restaurants were all amazing, The beach bar where you can get a burger and chips, the French Bistro, the Italian and Kelly's restaurant where the choice of food and the service was second to none. We spent most of our time in the quieter pool, where we were looked after by a very special lady called Agnes. She is such a character and made sure that we enjoyed our stay. We enjoyed a candlelit dinner and took advantage of the photo shoot, where Deno made sure we enjoyed every minute. On return we took advantage of the check in chill out so once our luggage was in reception, we didn't see it again until we got into Gatwick.
If I have to be picky and grumble about something then it would be just that as we didn't have the concierge service we were not entitled to free wi fi.
Other than that, which wasn't really that important, I can only describe this holiday as totally amazing. It certainly was as special as we had wanted it to be and we will most definitely be returning to Sandals again and again.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in the hotel for making our 25th wedding anniversary unforgettable in so many ways.
Lisa & Kev Cook

Room Tip: we had room 119 which was a single story bungalow. Others had 2 story's however they had no privacy on the balcony and apparently the traffic noise was bad. we were close to the beach and shaded, perfect
4  Thank lisa c