My wife and I just returned from our week long stay. Overall excellent experience. It is a perfect spot to sit back, relax and just enjoy the views.
The resort is located perfectly in between Sandals Grande (to the north) and Sandals La Toc (to the south), both roughly a 10-15 min shuttle ride. If you are looking for more of a beach and daytime experience, check out the Grande. If you are looking for a more sunset and nighttime experience check out La Toc. Either way both are a perfect day trip.
Halcyon is very quiet for the most part. The majority of the day, if you are looking to have fun and stay busy, you will find music and activities at the Sunset pool (main pool). The "activities staff" are a fun bunch. Activities include water exercises, water and beach volleyball, pool tournaments (table pool), shuffle board, among other things. If you are looking for peace and quiet, you will find it at the Paradise pool ("secondary" pool). And in my opinion, the more scenic of the two...even though the main pool looks out over the Caribbean Sea. Either way, both pools offer swim up or walk up bars offering anything and everything to quench your thirst.
The service is top of the line. We went the extra mile a booked a butler suite...if you have the means, or even if you don't and can find a way to splurge, I would recommend it. Our butlers were Willard and Claudia. Anything you needed, they were there. Our first day, we weren't even on the resort 5 minutes and Willard was there to greet us, tour us around the resort and escort us to our suite. They had already booked all our meal reservations for the week. The butlers...even the butler manager, Roland, on a few occasions...were only a phone call away, no matter what you needed, and even when you didn't and weren't expecting them. No matter where you go, staff is polite and always willing to serve you. Just one example, if you're a coffee drinker, just ask and you get your own personal kettle of coffee. On a few occasions, I was so caught up enjoying my breakfast, I forgot to pour my coffee. Every time a staff member saw this, they would approach the table and pour my coffee for me. Bottom line, everyone there is always willing to go above and beyond.
Food was unbelievable. Some places offered small portions, but a little secret, it's ALL INCLUSIVE, order as many dishes as you want. Again if you have the means, or don't just splurge, reserve a couples beach dinner. It's a private meal for two, served while you sit right on the sand. Our server, Cecile, was the best and made the night special.
Everything Sandals offers is worth the trip. From the views to the service to the food and drink to the multiple excursions...check out the Joe Knows tour and Tree Top Adventures zip line, you won't be disappointed.
Only negatives I can think of are the LONG car ride from the airport...check out the helicopter ride that is available but pack clothes in a carry on bag because your big suitcases take forever to get to you...and the stray cats all over the resort get a little annoying at times. The cats beg but will leave you alone if you ignore them.
The overall experience is something that I would do multiple times over again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries