We were here for a wedding in February 2014 and were extremely impressed with the level of service starting at the airport which carried through the entire week.
Several of the bar tenders and attendants knew us by name just a couple days in and remembered our favourite drinks. Special shout out to Maverick, Sammy Davis Jr.Jr. and Agnes. These 3 went above and beyond to make our stay that much more enjoyable.
Our cottage style room was beautifully decorated, clean and well stocked with water, juice, pop and beer daily. We were located directly across from the massage and had a view of the ocean.
The Halcyon is much smaller than the other 2 sandals and we never had a problem finding a lounge chair. The beach is pretty small and due to it's location can be a bit murky when the weather is not cooperating. The beach at the Grande was our favourite as it was long, white sand and crystal clear water. The water is very calm as it is located in an inlet.
The food was incredible from both the buffet and a la carte restaurants. Had a mimosa every morning with breakfast which I thought was a nice touch. The snack bar made great sandwiches, burgers and fries which was perfect for a light lunch. Kelly's Dockside was incredible (both food and atmosphere).
The nice thing about the Sandals, is you can stay at 1 and play at 3. There is a shuttle that comes every hour or so to take you back and forth to whichever resort you want.
Also recommended is a hike to Pigeon Island and the Joe Knows Tour!
All in all, this was a wonderful experience at a resort I would highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travelbag, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries