We spent 1 week at the Halcyon Beach Resort and were impressed as soon as we got to the airport. As with most Sandals resorts the service starts at their own lounge at the airport where your luggage is dealt with by the resort staff.
The hotel is not as modern as some other hotels on the island and indeed other Sandals resorts but retains a lot more character and better for it.
The restaurants all provide excellent service and a good choice of well presented food. The bar area provides a good atmosphere around the main pool. The staff are very attentive and remember what you are drinking.
During the day the main pool nearest the beach is noisier than the pool in the gardens. We preferred the quieter pool however this is not to say the main pool was rowdy, just a bit more upbeat. Both had good bar and snack facilities on hand and the staff were only too happy to chat and attend to your needs or leave you alone it that is your preference.
The snack bar on the beach is good for more simple food during the day and indeed late in to the evening, whilst the a la carte restaurants serve very good food in the evening. During our week in the resort we did not find the food repetitive, however any longer and you may be visiting the same restaurants twice, which is not necessarily a bad thing as the menus were wide-ranging.
One minor criticism is the small area of the sea in which you're permitted to swim, plus the beach is not as white as in other parts of the island.
Rooms were spacious but the bathrooms a little dated. All usual amenities were available but nothing especially luxurious.
Overall an excellent resort which lots of charm and character, a move away from other larger less personal resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Holiday Gems, Destinology, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelbag, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries