We stayed at the Sandals Halcyon for 7 wonderful nights in June 2007 for our honeymoon. We really enjoyed the property, the people and the smaller resort because we could just enjoy one another without the Spring Break like atmosphere. We really liked being the only ones in the pool, floating around without any interruption. We went over to the Regency one day and couldn't find a quiet place anywhere. The Regency definitely seemed like more of a party atmosphere so if you like that then the Halcyon is not for you.
We stayed in their Honeymoon Beachfront concierge room and it was fabulous! It was the highest room category offered at the Halcyon, yet it was the same price as the third to the bottom room category at either the Regency or the Grande. So for the same price we were treated like royalty rather than just another guest at a larger resort. We loved the his and her robes, the ocean view and the patio where we could sit and drink coffee in the morning. The concierge service was awesome and I highly recommend booking a room that comes with it. We wanted some Bailey's to perk our morning coffee up and they brought it to us no problem. They also were great at booking our dinner reservations and tours and were so helpful whenever we needed anything. I also really appreciated that every time we walked through the lobby they would address us by name and it really seemed like they cared about us. At the other two Sandals, it didn't have the same quaint atmosphere and I definitely don't think they would have remembered our names.
The only problem we had was the first night our room wasn't ready but they put us in the next highest room category and refunded us the difference between the two rooms without us even asking. After we were situated in our room, we went to a "Welcome to Sandals" cocktail party and won the grand prize of a romantic candlelight dinner, so it was a great way to start our vacation and made me forget all about our room not being ready.
I quite preferred the Halcyon to the Regency and Grande because we like to keep to ourselves on vacation but it was nice having the other resorts so close because of the stay at one eat at three deal. The Halycon only has three restaurants and they aren’t open every night, so you must take advantage of the shuttle to the other resorts. We really enjoyed Mario’s at the Halycon but while The Pier has nice ambiance, we didn’t care much for the food. The restaurants at the Regency were far better and we absolutely loved La Toc and Kimonos. Just make sure when going to Kimonos you know where you are going and use the real sidewalk. We ended up climbing up a hillside in order to get to it. Not the easiest thing to do in a dress and heels. We also enjoyed lunch at the Arizona and it was nice to be able to order something different one day. We weren’t so impressed by the food at the Grande, although we did like the Cricketer’s pub. We went to Toscanini’s one night and were appalled at the service and the food. It took them an hour to even get us salad’s and they were not even good. Barefoot by the sea’s ambiance was nice but again, we weren’t blown away by the food. I say stick at the Regency or the Halcyon for food and good service.
We did take the Rainforest canopy tour and the Soufriere Adventure Cruise but I only recommend the cruise. We had fun on the canopy tour but it was quite expensive and everything was running so late that we ended up waiting around for an hour and a half before starting the tour. Our guide was great though and found some bikes for us to use while we waited. The Adventure Cruise on the other hand was a blast and is a great way to see the beautiful island of St. Lucia.
All in all, we had an amazing honeymoon thanks to Sandals and the Halcyon and we are excited to go back to another resort. In fact, we are headed to Sandals Royal Carribean in just a few days and are crossing our fingers that this vacation will be just as good as our honeymoon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travelbag, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries