On our previous trip at Antigua Sandals we had book to go to Halcyon the next year. During the year I had gotten very ill and I’m know suffering with some physical challenge, therefore I was going to cancel our holidays to St Lucia. My travel agent assured us that Halcyon would be able to accommodate my needs. When we arrived I was extremely fatigued and we were escorted to our room immediately. I was touched by what the Manager and all staff did for us by providing me the entire requirement I needed and more. They were superb, attentive and extremely friendly.
I was nervous to travel with my illness but after experiencing this holiday and being in excellent hands, I will continue to travel.. Anyone who is ill or suffering with some challenge please look into it and inquire your needs to the resort manager. They are good people and they will try to do anything if they can. To make your trip remember able
It is an ideal resort for anyone with physical challenge and of any age. Everyone blends well together in this small resort.
The room was very comfortable. They were cleaned everyday to perfection.
The food was excellent with so many different cuisines to sample across the three resorts that we were spoiled for excellent tasty choices.
Do try a tour with “Joe Know” tour. We meet with Will on the Beach and he asked us if we were interested to take a tour. We mention that I have physical challenge and require assistance. He guaranteed us that he will able to provide us a tour for my needs and whatever I wanted to do, and so he did. Will was wonderful and very understanding of my situation. I was able to see the most beautiful island. Thank you Will for being a good person. We had an excellent and fun time..
For the ones who were not pleased with the resort, I think you look for it. If you just arrive with a positive outlook, you may have enjoyed yourself more. Do not expect to be hand served there, they are not a slave. On the average there are few of you who dislike this resort and when I read your comments, I find them very childish. You should be grateful that you can travel and experience different cultures. Allot of people do not have this privilege to travel; so therefore you should consider traveling only in your own country.
I have never written a blog before, may not ever again, but I can give no better recommendation to anyone than to visit Halcyon Sandals in St Lucia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries