We stayed at the Windjammer Landing at the beginning of May 2011. Friends had stayed at the resort earlier in the year and gave great reviews. We knew that the resort was on a hillside and were very much up for tackling the energetic stroll to and from our room without the help of the resort shuttle. A good workout if you want it!
We arrived to a warm welcome and some tasty Rum refreshment after a rainy transfer from the airport. Our room had fantastic views, and was lovely and clean inside with nice decor.
To keep this review brief, apart from the unusual amount of rain for the time of year, we had the best time. This was due to the location, the variety and quality of cuisine / liquid refreshment available, the friendly and efficient service provided by the resort staff and the relaxed atmosphere. It is rare nowadays to experience a holiday where there are few or no issues.
There were many individuals working in the resort who made our stay a memorable one. Many thanks to:Gloria in the Dragonfly Restaurant, Barrington, Ronnie, Annel, Tricia, Anicia, Randy (of the Upper Deck Restaurant) and last but not least, the girls in charge of organising trips, Lanyve, Suleka and Gemar...Tom Cruise says hello :-)
I have stayed at many places around the globe as a result of holidays and working in the travel / health industry but no place has inspired me to write a review before. This is a special place to unwind and get away from it all, yet has the right balance and affords the opportunity if you want to liven things up a bit.
Would we go again...definitely! Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, TravelUp, Southall Travel, West Indies, Odigeo, Holiday Gems and Hotels.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries