We arrived late in the day and Admittedly had a few hiccups in the settling in process. However the several rum punches we had whilst waiting together with the staff attitude made everything a little bit easier.
We stayed in a premium ocean view room up by papa dons restaurant with a roof balcony but no jacuzi. I can only highly recommend this, there is a small pool close by, the main beach a small stroll away and a fantastic balcony which became our private retreat.
The staff were great and assisted with our every whim, it made the stay truly pleasurable. Their attention to detail was excellent and they seemed to judge the smaller things well to make the experience better.
We didn't do the all inclusive deal and ate out at various locations but the meals we had at the resort were always good.
We did several activities at and around the resort-sailing the guys sorted you out well. Diving, Eastern Carribbean Divers (see their reviews). Laurels up the road (1.6km) was great for a change of food to local flair; the anse al raye fish fryday is a must if you like both sea food and self inflicted gout.
We also hired a car and drove/hiked the pitons which you can organize for a day (leave early) from the hotel rental company - makes the remaining week of self indulgence more justified somehow.
I am sure there are more secluded, expensive and unique resorts on offer but the value and experience of windjammer was more than we could have hoped for. Don't overlook this place.
Definitely recommended for a romantic getaway even if you aren't one of the throng of honeymooners!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, West Indies, Destinology, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Travelbag, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries