My girlfriend and I stayed at Windjammer for 14 nights between 6-20th November. We had a premium ocean view room on the all inclusive package. We are both in our late 20s / early 30s. Overall we had a really enjoyable and relaxing holiday. There are many good points to make about Windjammer such as:
- Very high quality food and drink selection.
- The all inclusive package is very good value for money (I would highly recommend it if you plan to mostly eat in the restaurants as we did).
- Stunningly beautiful location and beach.
- Excellent water sports programme and range of activities.
However there were just a few niggles that prevent me from awarding five stars to Windjammer:
- Variable quality of service. At times we had to wait a long time for service in the restaurants. You just got the feeling sometimes that staff would serve you when they were ready rather than anticipating when you'd need attention. A particularly bad example was one night in Dragonfly when we waited about 25 minutes for our plates to be cleared after our main course and to be offered dessert. All the staff just seem to have disappeared - at 9pm! We got bored and frustrated and had to get up to find someone to give us our bill. Other guests we met agreed that the service could be a real problem at times. I must admit this was surprising as reviews we had read prior to travelling suggested service was a real plus point. It was a real shame as the food was consistently very high quality.
- Disappointing bed. Windjammer's website says that premium ocean view rooms come with four poster beds. What we actually got was two singles joined together. Every time I rolled over I sunk down into the "gap" between the two beds which was rather irritating.
- Slightly tired room (44A for the record). Our room had a lovely view of the ocean but we felt it was beginning to show its age. For example, the roof started leaking significant quantities of rain water on our third to last night which we reported but hadn't been attended to by the time we left (had to use towels to soak it up). The toilet was rather temperamental throughout and flooded our bathroom and hall on our last night which was upsetting at the time as some of my girlfriend's clothes got wet and will need dry cleaning. The TV in the room was probably 15+ years old with poor reception a broken remote control. There was also nowhere to sit down to eat in our room (despite it being a "premium" room) and when we arrived there was only a solitary chair and tiny table on our large balcony (admittedly this was addressed by the hotel who provided another small table and a sun lounger). We also asked for additional coat hangers for our cupboard on our second day which never arrived.
- We generally didn't order the shuttle service as we weren't too far up the hill but when we asked for it to take our bags on the last day it hadn't arrived after some 45 minutes despite a chasing phone call from us. We ended up having to wheel our bags down the hill to make our check out time.
The above comments shouldn't be taken too negatively as they by no means spoilt what was a great and memorable holiday. Compared to some of the other hotels on St Lucia we saw whilst on excursions around the island, Windjammer has to be one of the best. The all inclusive package also felt like good value for money. However, if they could sort out some of these "little" niggles that collectively add up, it really would be truly legendary place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, West Indies, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelbag, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries