My wife and I got married at Windjammer on 11 Nov. 2011
This place was really paradise. From the scenery to the service. We could not have asked for a better wedding. My wife communicated with the wedding coordinators (Melanie and Simone) via email. Every single request that my wife made was fulfilled. Melanie and Simone made my wifes fairy tale wedding a reality. They did not leave out any details and everything was perfect.
We had 35 guests all arrive and check in at the same time and the front desk was able to get them situated and sorted out right away so that could all begin enjoying themselves. The staff made everything go so smoothly and seamlessly the entire time.
The food was very delicious and always fresh. It was clear that they used natural ingredients (not the preservative soaked crap we have in the US) to make everything we ate. While the food was pricey, it was expected as with any resort food.
Our wedding dinner was outrageous!!! There was over 10 buffet style dishes, and 5 deserts. They had all the local fare, cooked to perfection and served fresh. I really wish I could have eaten more that night.
I spoke to the chef close to the end of our wedding reception to ask them to send the leftover food to our "party villa" and they were more than willing to fullfill that request. I was expecting to get shot down, but they were happy to give us the leftover food. By the time my wife and I made it to the afterparty villa, all the food was there in nice little bowls and they even threw in some extra pasta that wasn't even part of our wedding menu!
Our wedding suite was perfect! It was our own little peice of paradise for 7 days. Everything was clean and comfortable. The furniture was first class all the way, flat screen TV's, nice drawers/cabinets, fully stocked kitched and even a FREE giant water bottle.
We also rented 3, 4 bedroom villas for most of our guests. These 3 story villas were awesome. Each room had its own FULL bathroom. Each villa had a little pool. I had no idea that we could have so much fun in such a little pool (with some alchohol involved).
There was no shortage of activities at the Windjammer Landing Resort. Aside from the beautiful beach, there ware plenty of activities on and off site from scuba to sulphur springs. On site there's beach table tennis (a concrete table with wooden paddles and a tennis ball), a great pool where they have water exercise class every morning, kids pool, indoor ping pong and pool tables, a water sports area where they have free kayaks, daily banana boat/tube rides, free snorkel rental, free peddle boats and outside vendors that come around with boats and jet ski's and all kinds of other things (all for a small fee to help the local community). Outside of the resort you can do anything you want, just talk to Suleka (the most helpful activity person I have ever met) and she will get you set up!
Again I have to mention how helpful Melanie and Simone were! If anyone is thinking of having a wedding in St. Lucia, they should definitely talk to one of these wedding coordinators. I also have to mention Rene, he helped us with all the food and getting our rehearsal dinner and wedding food and tables set up perfectly. All the staff there is very friendly and willing to help with anything.
Overall, our wedding was a beautiful event, for us as well as all of our guests. I would definitely recommend Windjammer Landing as a place to stay in St. Lucia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, West Indies, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries