We just spent a week at this lovely resort on the beautiful island of St. Lucia. The staff is so friendly and welcoming and the accommodations were perfect for the four of us in a two bedroom villa. The resort has all the amenities, activities and restaurants that we needed and we had no desire to venture out to the villages nearby. My husband and son did 2 days of scuba diving and the four of us took advantage of the morning snorkeling trips to the resort's cove. The staff at the water sports dock are very friendly and helpful and made our water activites fun. My daughter-in-law and I did the all day trip on the Endless Summer sailboat and enjoyed seeing the Diamond Falls Gardens and having lunch at the cocoa plantation. The sunset cruise to Rodney Bay was also a highlight for us.
The beach is perfect for families and couples with clear turquoise water and soft white sand and plenty of lounge chairs. There is a trampoline and slide as well as a climbing mountain float to swim out to. At the watersports dock you can take out sailboats, kayaks, peddleboats as well as waterski or wakeboard. There are several pools scattered around the property which are all well maintained. In fact all the grounds are well manicured and beautifully landscaped.
We ate all our meals in the restaurants and enjoyed the breakfast buffet which had a chef making eggs/omelettes to order. Embers has a great menu for lunch right on the beach. We really enjoyed Papa Don's menu and the steaks and fish at the Upper Deck are great.
A real highlight was the Tuesday night performance of the Limbo dancers and fire eaters at Jammers bar. Getting around this large hillside property is no problem since there is a van/shuttle service readily available with friendly drivers, although we mostly walked down the lane from our villa to the main buildings/beach.
There is lots of security on grounds and we felt very safe on the property.
We really appreciated the assistance that Carolyn in reservations gave us before we arrived and for showing us some options for our visit next year. All the staff is very helpful and pleasant. We had spa treatments our last day which were very relaxing and one of the best massages we ever had although the spa facility is not up to the caliber of the staff's skills. We understand that a new spa is being built this summer.
The weather this last week of January was perfect... warm and sunny low 80's with tropical breezes so we never felt hot or humid and the occassional "liquid sunshine" only lasted a few minutes. We had a great experience and hope to return with our other son and his family next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, West Indies, Destinology, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries