“Good except for disgusting raw egg throwing contests”

Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 16 February 2012

A great place but management should stop the disgusting raw egg throwing contests which take place on the beach in front of the sunbeds. I have had eggs which have landed on my expensive camera equipment whilst lying down and attempting to enjoy the sun. It adds unnecessary stress, is unhygienic and increases the risk of salmonella with raw eggs splattered over the beach.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank KeenTraveller12371

Reviewed 14 February 2012

The week of January 14,2012, our family had the incredible opportunity and immense pleasure of being guests at Windjammer Beach Resort, British West Indies. It was a wonderful occasion of my daughter, Sims Graham & her fiance Jamie Holt's wedding. Our wedding planner, Melanie Reynold and Simone Deauville were absolutely awsome! They attended to every detail with much cheerfulness and accomodation. Due to their proficiency and the insanely beautiful venue, it made for everything that our children had dreamed of. I was also like to compliment our photographer, Peter, to to ultimate degree. He was amazing! his efforts were beyond expectations and the results were over the top. We were impressed with him from our initial contact and it just got better. He worked so hard to capture every moment and detail that we will forever cherish. Thank you Peter for a phenomenal job! You're a very talented gentleman. Also, a special thank you to Elijah Greenidge for a warm and sincere delivery of the scriptures, instructions and vows. You were a most vital component of their special day and we appreciated your holy presence and blessings. Many blessings to you as well. I would be remiss if I failed to mention that everyone that we had interaction with, treated us like royalty. What a glorious experience for a week! To anyone who reads this, it would be a prudent and satisfying decision to consider the Windjammer Landing for any luxury vacation or special celebration.

Respectfully submitted Sonne Graham

Room Tip: The Villas
Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Sonne753
WJLMD, Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We were so happy that we could share this happy occasion with all of you. I appreciate the nice comments about Melanie and Simone - they are the best! I'll pass your kind notes on to them and Peter.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

Not quite sure where to start except to say I have traveled ALOT and I have stayed in a variety of different resorts and I absolutely LOVED the Windjammer. The staff was wonderful, the accommodations were like a home away from home, and the activites were endless!!!
Now let me explain each more specifically;
Staff: Lindon contacted us via email before our arrival to ask if we needed anything special like transporation from the airport. We aske him for a great villa and transporation and both were perfect. Upon arrival he checked to make sure we liked our villa and transporation......They were both wonderful! The water sport staff were awesome and fun and always accommodating. The restaraunt staff were also professional and the food was great.
The Villas are so comfortable and the views are OUTSTANDING!!! Now I must preface by saying that we are not talking about comparing them to the Ritz because they are not. I am saying that they felt more like staying in my own beautiful vacation home. Not over the top, not blush and polished, but warm, inviting, comfortable and spacious. With 5 defferent decks that all looked out onto an amazing tropical landscape. The ritz is great but this was better! I instantly felt comfortable. We shared a 2 bedroom with my sister and her husband. The lay out was perfect. My husband said he wished he could take the villa with us becasue it was so great.
The activities goodness where do I begin......We took full advantage of the water sports. If you get an all exclusive package or you are a timeshare owner you get unlimited water sports for free. We went waterskiing whenever we wanted, we took out small catamorans anytime we wanted, we kayaked whenever we wanted, they offered a boat ride excursion twice a day to snorkel for an hour. Just show up 15 minutes before they leave, they will give you equipment and then they take you to a great little reef for an hour. We did that several times. Every afternoon they did bannan boating or tubing......ALL for Free with those two options. They also have a water trampoline, dive dock, and a flowting mountain to climb and slide off. They also had fun beach games daily like egg toss for champagne, or ping pong tournaments, swim contest......that was fun way to meet people. They also had tennis courts and had free classes with the tennis instructor. Every night they had bands or parties, down by the ocean bar Jammin........
I have nothing bad to say.....literally nothing! Yes the villas were on a steep mountain but they sand the shuttle right up when you call. We never waited more then 5 minutes....ever!
We stayed in villa 27ab.......it had its own plunge pool. we never used it but it created a beautiful little visual extra.
WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!!!! And I cant wait! :-)

4  Thank beachgroupie

What a wonderful review! Thank you! I appreciate all of the detailed comments and especially thank you for the nice words about Lindon. I'm glad you all had such a great time and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 12 February 2012

My husband and I came here on our honeymoon 10 years ago, then again for our 1 year anniversary and we absolutely loved Windjammer! We just got back from a trip celebrating our 10 year anniversary and fell in love with it all over again. And it was very obvious from the numerous other guests that were also back on repeat visits that we were not the only ones that have found a home away from home at Windjammer.

Of everything at the resort, I would have to rank the service the highest. The staff, everyone from the gardeners, hotel maintenance and shuttle drivers to the front desk, tour group and yes, even the timeshare sales people, are friendly, courteous, helpful and go the extra mile to ensure that you are having a great time and that everything is running smoothly. They were exceptionally good with the children around the resort. We did not bring ours on this trip (first week away in 10 years!), but there were many families on the resort and the staff at the restaurants and the beach seemed to go out of their way to make a fuss over them.

We love the villas at Windjammer. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa (502) and the kitchen and living area were very spacious and well equipped. We had a problem with our air conditioner leaking and maintenance was there before we returned from breakfast. Our plunge pool was kept very clean as was our villa.

The location worked really well for us, as we did the rain forest zip line trip as well as the snuba and both were within 30 minutes shuttle from the resort.

I would recommend Windjammer to anyone. I can't wait till I can go back and take my kids with me! Enjoy!

5  Thank MariaCBTraveler

Thank you for the terrific review! We're so happy you came back to celebrate your anniversary with us (we hope you won't wait another 10 years to return...) I'm glad you enjoyed the service; we are so fortunate to have such a great team supporting the resort! We look forward to your return with the kids!

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We just returned from a WONDERFUL week here and really enjoyed ourselves. The staff is all very friendly - especially Helen at the front desk who went out of her way to help us. We wanted to upgrade to a different room but unfortunately they were really booked solid - she did go out of her way though and spent two days trying to find us somewhere to switch to. We ended up staying in our original room which we grew to love. Next time we will book at the Hacienda Suites - that is in the newer section. We stayed in the one bedroom villa which was spacious but a bit dated. The furniture needs to be updated along with the bathroom and kitchen. Trust me - I am a VERY picky traveler so for most people it would be fine. I do one nice trip a year though and really want a nice room since we are not really ones for leaving the resort. We did the all inclusive and are glad that we did - food is not cheap but it's good. The only iffy dinner that we had was at DragonFly - I had the lobster and it really wasn't very good. The rest of the meals were great with the Upper Deck being my favorite. Lots of fun things to do on the beach - we met some very nice people - I will miss hearing "mummy, mummy" since a lot of the visitors where from the UK. We enjoyed the kids and it was obvious that they where having a great time!! Take a Zanax before you take the ride from the airport to the hotel - it is an experience!!! If you can afford the helicopter I would do it. Special thanks to Barry at the bar - we did spend alot of time with him - another plus to the all inclusive!! Also Mark - the GM (I think) - very welcoming and made us feel right at home.....

Room Tip: We were in Room 123 - spacious and great view. One bedroom villa - beautiful but dated.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your great review! I'm glad we had a chance to meet during your stay. I appreciate the nice comments about Helen and Barry; I'll make they hear of your remarks. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the lobster but I'm happy you enjoyed the rest of your food. We hope you'll visit us again!

Reviewed 12 February 2012

We spent 2 wks at the Windjammer ... thoroughly enjoyed our stay. One week was spent way up the steep hills in a lovely 2 bedroom condo. This particular condo is new with an amazing plunge pool/deck area, and beautiful views. Being this high up, you need to rely on the shuttles to a greater extent ... which wasn't a problem as they run every 15 min. & are easy to access.

Our 2nd wk was spent in one of the older condos, closer to the restaurants/beach area/ pools etc. Although this particular condo was a bit dated, compared to the 1st, it had great character & was clean. The plunge pool was a bit smaller but was perfect for our uses. I, in particular, preferred this location as it was easier to walk to the beach/pools etc. The views were also
spectacular!

Staff were friendly and helpful. We particularly enjoyed our evening at Papa Don's. Food was great! Atmosphere was lovely and the staff were so enjoyable.

Beach area was nice. Always seemed to be easy to access some chairs. It was also great to have access to the varied water sports equipment.

And on another note ... we purchased some things to take home with us from the shops located right on the resort. We were very pleasantly surprised to see that the prices were not overly inflated as they can be at some resorts.

And last but not least .... take in the manager's cocktail hour held on Tuesdays. Great evening ...
We would definitely make a return trip to the Windjammer!

Room Tip: As other travellers have mentioned, some of the suites have portions that are open to the elements...
Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank canada1019

Thank you for your very nice review! I'm sure readers will appreciate all of the great suggestions and comments you provided. You hope you will indeed make the return trip and visit us again!

Reviewed 11 February 2012

We just spent a week at this lovely resort on the beautiful island of St. Lucia. The staff is so friendly and welcoming and the accommodations were perfect for the four of us in a two bedroom villa. The resort has all the amenities, activities and restaurants that we needed and we had no desire to venture out to the villages nearby. My husband and son did 2 days of scuba diving and the four of us took advantage of the morning snorkeling trips to the resort's cove. The staff at the water sports dock are very friendly and helpful and made our water activites fun. My daughter-in-law and I did the all day trip on the Endless Summer sailboat and enjoyed seeing the Diamond Falls Gardens and having lunch at the cocoa plantation. The sunset cruise to Rodney Bay was also a highlight for us.
The beach is perfect for families and couples with clear turquoise water and soft white sand and plenty of lounge chairs. There is a trampoline and slide as well as a climbing mountain float to swim out to. At the watersports dock you can take out sailboats, kayaks, peddleboats as well as waterski or wakeboard. There are several pools scattered around the property which are all well maintained. In fact all the grounds are well manicured and beautifully landscaped.
We ate all our meals in the restaurants and enjoyed the breakfast buffet which had a chef making eggs/omelettes to order. Embers has a great menu for lunch right on the beach. We really enjoyed Papa Don's menu and the steaks and fish at the Upper Deck are great.
A real highlight was the Tuesday night performance of the Limbo dancers and fire eaters at Jammers bar. Getting around this large hillside property is no problem since there is a van/shuttle service readily available with friendly drivers, although we mostly walked down the lane from our villa to the main buildings/beach.
There is lots of security on grounds and we felt very safe on the property.
We really appreciated the assistance that Carolyn in reservations gave us before we arrived and for showing us some options for our visit next year. All the staff is very helpful and pleasant. We had spa treatments our last day which were very relaxing and one of the best massages we ever had although the spa facility is not up to the caliber of the staff's skills. We understand that a new spa is being built this summer.
The weather this last week of January was perfect... warm and sunny low 80's with tropical breezes so we never felt hot or humid and the occassional "liquid sunshine" only lasted a few minutes. We had a great experience and hope to return with our other son and his family next year.

Room Tip: The resort has a variety of rooms, and villas from one room suites to 4 bedroom villa estate homes...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank okemospike

Thanks for the terrific and detailed review! It was such a pleasure meeting you during your visit; I look forward to your return visit next year! I'll make sure to pass along your nice comments to Carolyn. We're working hard on the plans for the renovation and new spa!

mozawa@windjammer-landing.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!