Felt compelled to write a review after reading the last few negative ones! I feel as though I stayed somewhere completely different?!?!
We had a helicopter transfer and upon arriving at the hotel we were met by a friendly reception staff, a rum punch and a short wait before we were taken to No1 villa by a friendly shuttle driver.
We had a huge deck and the villa very clean and similar layout to one we stayed in La Manga, Spain.
To sit and watch the sun go down each night on our balcOny was amazing.
We paid for room only so we picked and chose when to eat at the resort and at Rodney Bay - a perfect blend! We befriended a great taxi driver,martinus, who took us to Marigot Bay and Rodney Bay. The tour organisers at the desk were great and zip-wiring, horse-back riding (inc in the sea), chartered 4 hr boat trip were well organised! My husband and son used the tennis courts and kayaks - my daughter and I - the spa! (special thanks to the hilarious Pamela for sorting my knotty shoulders!)
We did the Villa show round, no pressure and maybe would've signed up if it could be more flexible with Sch hol dates rather than a set week. Due to the repeat visitors there is a great family atmosphere and found all staff and islanders very friendly!
Rodney Bay restaurant recommended by a taxi driver from Windjammer was Big Chef - couldn't stay away - sublime food. Others Spinnakers and Memories of Hong Kong were also enjoyable.
The whole family enjoyed the holiday - my husband found running to the top of the resort more satisfying than a gym workout - I personally enjoyed the shuttle rides back and occasionally didn't shout my villa number out so I got a ride to the top and back (think very safe roller coaster!!)
My only negative comment would be the Mosquitos - I wasn't fully prepared and left a light on and no repellent the first night and got lots of bites. As villa 1 is not fully enclosed and on the perimeter and lit at night we had to ensure that we sprayed the bedrooms am and pm & kept covered in repellent. Housekeeping were great at replacing the spray and our maid was lovely. That issue is eadily remedied for the future. Other than that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to book again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries