We exchanged into Windjammer from the Registry Collection so were a little disappointed that the accommodation was not as portrayed as on the website but at least we had a fully enclosed 1 bedroomed villa as I am rather scared of birds flying around my head! The view made up for the disappointment of the villa but hey we were there to enjoy ourselves and we made sure we did and the staff were some of the best we have ever encountered on our many numerous holidays.
The villa was kept spotlessly clean, flowers on the bed on our arrival, fruit in the fridge and the table laid for dinner. First night the a/c unit in the bedroom was very noisy mentioned to Lawrence the next day and when we got back to the villa it had been sorted. Thank you Lawrence for good service.
To be postive we enjoyed our two weeks, our first week we decided to go for the all-inclusive but for us it wasn;t viable as we are not big drinkers and the meal portions for us were sometimes too large believe it or not! The menus were really good so am a bit surprised at the previous 8 reviews I wondered if they were actually staying at the same hotel as us!
Our favourite restaurant was Upper Deck their Fillet Mignon was the best I have tasted and that is saying something as our home resort does do a very good one too but this just pipped
it at the post, Congrats to the chefs not forgetting John (general manager)
The Sunday brunch was worth a visit too something we would never ever do on holiday and have a Sunday roast but this was good even down to the horseradish sauce! We enjoyed Jammers for lunch sometimes sharing a lunch and they even went to the trouble of serving it on two plates instead of making us share a plate, that is good service and done without asking, we never came across any rudeness from the staff as others have commented on so perhaps they themselves were not giving out the right vibes, it costs nothing to be pleasant.
We went to Dragonfly for their Caribbean Barbecue on the Friday evenings both times had a lovely meal, their smoked slow roasted brisket beef was amazing have even done it at home since not a bad try really but not quite up to their standard yet!
One reviewer mentioned that their cocktails had only half measures of spirits in them well our drinks often were too strong and we can take our drinks so am not sure where that was coming from, the Rum cocktails served at the cocktails party on the Tuesday evening were certainly strong enough!
Barry the barman even went to the trouble to bring some mint from his neighbours so he could make me a Mojito so they do take their job seriously and no true barman worth his salt would give short measure.
All in all we enjoyed our stay at Windjammer and one day we will return. Thank you Mark for meeting with us and listening to our comments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, West Indies, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Priceline, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries