Stayed in the WL resort for one week in May. I had a very difficult time rtying to decide where to stay as none of the resorts seemed to tick all the boxes. Decided after much deliberation on this resort. I had been worried about the long transfer and the fact that it sort of isolated, and also that it might have been overun with children being a family friendly resort and us looking for more of a couples only type place. However the many advantages outweighed any concerns and by the end of the stay I was very happy with our choice.
We had booked a premium ocean view room. We were allocated room 142A on arrival. I was very very happy with it. It was spacious, comfortable, well decorated with a beautiful four poster bed, stunning sea views, great air con and a lovely roof top terrace. Perfect for a couple on a romantic holiday. We used the shuttle sometimes but it was walkable up and down to the lobby/beach/main pool etc.
The grounds of the resort are immaculate with foliage, flowers and stunning views everywhere. I loved walking around it as it was quiet and you felt that you were in a mediterrean village.
Our room was also well located just a few steps from the island pool, jacuzzi and Papa Dons restaurant. We spent a lot of our time at this pool as it was quiet and you had the great views across st. lucia, the resort and the sea from here.
The beach was as good as you are probably going to get in St. Lucia which I knew was not famed for its long sandy beaches. The beach was small in that it doesnt have miles and miles of sand but not tiny, it had lovely sand, you were not bothered by vendors on it, and you could always find a quiet spot to sunbathe, sunbeds, shade, umbrellas etc. I prefer to swim in pools so the small area for swimming didnt bother me. The main pool is just off the beach anyway.
One of the main reasons for choosing the resort was the choice of eating places on offer. Many of the other resorts only had 2 places to eat or buffets on most nights and staying for 7 days, I didnt want to eat in the same place all the time. This proved to be one of the reasons WL was such as good choice, We didnt have to leave the resort yet felt like we were eating in different places all the time. Yes, I was a bit surprised that many of the places are based around the same area but it makes sense I supose as most people on holiday want to eat near the beach, ocean, views etc. I found that there was quite a variety on the menus between the different places. We went AI and the food was very good everywhere. The portions were big everywhere also! Ate in Upper Deck twice and had surf and turf which was delicious. Ate in Papa Dons twice and also very tasty. Dragonfly had the most different menu and I very much enjoyed it. Also ate in Jammers bar for lunch and dinner. The salads and mahi mahi in the bar were lovely and fresh and light. Ate one lunchtime in Embers to but found the portions too big for lunch for me. If I had stayed for 2 weeks I would not have been tired of the menus on offer in this resort. Breakfast every morning in Dragonfly on the terrace was something I would never get tired of. I was also very surprised and happy that they had an a la carte menu as well as the buffet.Not being a huge eater I prefered to order from the menu most mornings. There was a huge choice to accommodate everyones breakfast tastes from around the world. The waffles and fresh fruit were the best. There was only one restriction on AI and that was bottles of wine were excluded (but not glasses) so I really thought this was very good. They had a very extensive and delicious cocktail menu.
The service everywhere was very good, no issues at all. Security very present on the resort also. Housekeeping service was excellent. Staff friendly everywhere also.
We did a tour booked through the hotel. Researched elsewhere the hotel was cheaper.
The hotel had a mixed clientele which is what I like. Guests were not from one particular country, mix of ages, mix of groups, families, couples young and old.
The only minuses were that I wished there had been more people in the bar later at night, it was not a late night spot but thats not the fault of the hotel. and while I enjoyed the different entertainment every night (jazz, steel band, a modern band etc) I feel like I'm 90 here when I say that sometimes it was too loud! One night in upper deck we couldnt hear each other across the table! very minor point.
We went into Rodney Bay one night and I saw some of the other places I had been considering as they were set in the RB area and normally I like to get out and about in the evenings beyond the hotel. However, they were not a patch on WL. They looked run down, not the type of luxury holiday I was looking for after travelling for the most of a day to St. Lucia. I was not a fan of the RB area either and was quite happy to stay in the resort for the rest of our evenings. The WL to me presents a luxury, relaxing, resort stay at a good price, for those who do not have a small fortune to spend on some of the really really high end resorts on the island. I saw some negative reviews before leaving and was a bit concerned but we really had no complaints, only praise.
Didnt want to leave and if we are ever in St. Lucia again we would definately choose to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelbag, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, West Indies, Southall Travel and TravelUp so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries