2,936 results
All reviews papa dons upper deck plunge pool kids club all inclusive plan time share rodney bay hibiscus suite jammers bar banana boat dragonfly restaurant dragon fly water sports all inclusive option steep hillside st lucia shuttle service
Reviewed 6 July 2012

As Timeshare owners here, we come out to St Lucia a lot. I surprised my husband by paying for an upgrade secretly to an Estate Villa. We were allocated villa 419 which was gorgeous. Nice pool which was partly shaded and the villa was well laid out and very clean. It had one of the most comfortable beds I have every slept in on the resort and very big comfortable baths. The kitchen area was large and well equipped. If I had one criticism it is that these villas are too close together. It made eating out on the balcony a bit awkward when one was only about 10 feet from one's neighbours. Because we liked our privacy, we ate in the diner area instead.

The housekeeper, Natalie, was friendly and very efficient. It is certainly true that the standard of service to the Estate villas is excellent generally . New shuttle driver, Keith, was extremely helpful and had a nice sense of humour. We wound my husband up by pretending we did not know what villa we were staying in and giving him a guided tour before ending up in the Estate section!

We were not all-inclusive so were paying for drinks as we went. John Maycock kindly got one of our favourite drinks in so it was nice to have our favourite tipple every day! The bar staff this year were much more responsive than previously. This is something I have criticised before in a previous review. This time they were prompt and efficient. Special mention to Barry and Travis for their sense of fun and efficiency.

The resort was fairly quiet the week we went so "chair rage" was not evident at all. Some parts of the resort are looking tired but everything was clean.

I had a very good pedicure at the Spa - and the feet are still looking good 3 weeks on :-) As usual the Spa ladies were friendly and efficient. I always enjoy my visits to them.

Food at Upper deck was good and they were flexible in that we had Upper Deck food served at Jammers when Boo Hinkson was playing. Another improvement was we were less pestered by internal phone calls, that said, our external friends had a real job trying to get through to us and I was not sure the new system works very well. Also the answer phone did not flash on voicemail so I missed some messages. As we always see a lot of people when on the island this did cause us a few problems.

The ladies in the supermarket were very friendly and even got me some flour from the restaurant when I wanted to bake a cake for a friend (shame I did not realise it was plain flour - I ended up making a very large biscuit!)

As usual (!) there were some maintenance issues, in particular, the smoke alarm in the hall going off regularly in the middle of the night. It was fixed the next day.

Mark Ozawa, Richard Mack, John Maycock and Franz (the new timeshare guy) were all present at the Manager's cocktail party and were happy to explain about new initiatives in the resort.

Checkout was straightforward.

So, all in all, a very nice and, for once, relaxing week!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank St-Lucia_Enthusiast
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Looking to chill out in great surroundings, good food and wine, somewhere to exercise the excesses. Daughter wanted a place to revise and relax for her uni finals. The villawas beautiful and well equipped ( 21?) Staff and service were excellent to a person
This holiday exceeded our expectations and we will return for sure.

Room Tip: Get a room near to the facilities and main reception
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank Manners05
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We stayed as a family for a week in June and found this resort to be everything we had hoped for. The villa was spacious and very comfortable, the views were awesome and we felt we didn't have to worry about the kids getting into mischief. There is a good choice of restaurants and we all enjoyed Papa Dons and Jammers, both restaurants know how to cater for children and made sure they were happy every meal. Having the kitchen in the villa made breakfast easy for us and we shopped at the market on arrival for the essentials, like coffee for the wife, snacks and juice for the kids and beer for me. This meant that we didn't have to go out all the time and it made choosing how to spend our days much easier. The kids had such a good time at the Kids Klub they cried when they had to say goodbye to the staff there, and having them looked after so well meant that me and my wife had some quality time together too. Very good experience all round, we would return

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Rory H
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We stayed at Windjammer in July (2011) and had a great time. Our party consisted of 3 adults, a 1 year old and a 4 year old. When we arrived we had a delay in check-in which after a long journey with a 1 year old was a little concerning, but this bad start was soon forgotten as Helen on the reception desk soon got us sorted and continued to look after us for the rest of our stay. Nothing was too much trouble for her. Thank you Helen.

We stayed in an estate villa (a free upgrade that we were absolutely delighted with) and the standard of the accommodation was very high. I believe that it had been recently refurbished and was very clean with fantastic views – well worth the shuttle ride. We had a couple of minor problems with the Villa but these were quickly resolved by the maintenance staff and they even fitted baby gates! Kitchen was well equipped almost a shame we were on all inclusive, but worked well when feeding our kids.
We found the staff to be very friendly and professional across the resort. Now and again we found some of the bar staff to be a little slow. However the waitresses and the management more than made up for this. They were welcoming and predicted our needs before we requested them such as booster cushions on chairs, high-chairs and early ordering of food for hungry children.
We particularly enjoyed eating at the Upper Deck (great steaks and service) and Papa Dons although Papa Dons could get a little hot as it was away from the breeze coming off the sea. We loved the ambiance of this restaurant and the pizzas which were the best we have had in the Caribbean. Just wear cool clothes.
Breakfast buffet was very good – fresh eggs and pancakes etc with waitress service being available if preferred. Just ask.
We were not so impressed by the restaurant on the beach called Embers. It was very casual, rough and ready with sporadic service and not much variety in the menu.
The all inclusive package is all inclusive! As opposed to many other resorts we have stayed at that in have a number of exceptions.
The beach was clean but could have done with a few extra palm shades. We love the red flag service although you were never very far from a bar anyway.
There are sea urchins in the sea so the swimming area is limited, perhaps they could look at extending the swimming area – however it did not detract and did mean there were areas of the beach quieter than others – a perfect opportunity to snooze if you don’t have kids that is! Our 4 year old loved the inflatables in the sea. Watersports staff were very good also and allowed our daughter to keep a life jacket for our two week stay – a simple but lovely touch.

There are a few shops on the resort – including a diamond shop if you are that way inclined.....but the most useful for us was the general store for freshly made bread, snacks for the kids and the beach store – perfect for purchasing your inflatables – which they will even inflate for you – just don’t buy the dolphin – its huge and doesn’t fit in the mini bus shuttle!! All staff in the shops were extremely friendly and helpful and always very chatty.
There are some great pools around the resort – I highly recommend the water aerobics – if you can bear to get off your sunbed and our 4 year old loved the main pool as it was shallow enough to have a really good splash around in with a lovely waterfall.
We had a DVD in the villa and you can hire DVD’s (US ones – UK won’t work) from the reception for a small fee - $3 we think. We also loved the pizza delivery and wine and beer to our villa in the evening – perfect for a quiet night in when we were stuck in with the kids in bed.
I have to say once you had dinner there wasn’t much to do in the evenings – just one small bar to go to– but this didn’t bother us as we had children to get to bed and a wonderful patio and pool to enjoy and we weren’t looking for evening entertainment or a noisy resort. Just a relaxing holiday – which we got.
The villa really was amazing and beautifully fitted out. Sometimes we would spend the whole day there – only venturing out for meals – the pool was amazing and comfy sofas and a great kitchen meant it was a home from home. We even had the spa staff visit us for a pool side pedicure – my Mum and I felt like Hollywood stars!
We ventured out on a few trips – Sunset Cruise and the Pirate Ship- well worth the day out – visiting the smelly volcano and becoming a pirate for the day was the highlight of my daughter’s holiday.
We took the helicopter back to the airport on our last day –which was a total extravagance but worth every penny. My daughter had been looking forward to it all holiday – she even got to sit next to the pilot -shame she fell asleep in mid air!
We would highly recommend this resort, it suited us with young children but also as adults and we will be returning in July this year. First time ever (and we have been to the Caribbean many times now) that we are returning to a resort already visited.

A great formula.

Well done Windjammer.

Room Tip: Estate Villas are amazing......
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank claireross
Reviewed 20 June 2012

The Water Sports are very well managed and help you out with anything you need. Kensley a very well mannered man taught me and my friend how to windsurf. I learned how to windsurf in two days and now can go out 300 yds out and have fun.

Room Tip: get a private villa totally worth the price.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends