2,936 results
All reviews papa dons upper deck plunge pool kids club all inclusive plan time share rodney bay hibiscus suite jammers bar banana boat dragonfly restaurant dragon fly water sports all inclusive option steep hillside st lucia shuttle service
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My husband and I went to Windjammer Landing in June for our honeymoon. My grandparents are time share owners and they gave this to us as our wedding present. We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa, full kitchen, and plunge pool. We loved our room, but we didn't spend much time up there. We stayed all inclusive, and it was the best idea. We didn't have to worry about food, drinks and snacks all week. It was wonderful. The staff was so friendly, and the grounds were well kept, and we didn't leave the resort very much. Our only complaint was that the one specific staff member badgered us multiple times to tour the villas even though we told her multiple times. It got a little annoying, but for those who are interested, you get $100 USD off any one of their excursions.

My husband and I did two excursions. We went horseback riding, which took you to the Atlantic Ocean and then swimming, and then for a long hike back. It was so much fun! Make sure you get a horse suited to your experience level. My husband had never ridden and was on one of the more energetic horses, and I grew up riding and barrel racing and was stuck on the slowest horse. We ended up switching and got to gallop across the beach and through trails. Lots of fun. We also went Tree Top Zip Lining which was awesome! Really hot, but worth it.

The food on the resort was ok. We ate twice at Poppa Don's, twice at Upper Deck and a few times each at Embers and Jammers. The food was ok, my husband was disappointed because of the lack of variety in seafood. He was hoping to have lobster and crab and their "seafood" was mostly shrimp and the catch of the day (halibat, kingfish or mahi). The filet mignon at Upper Deck was awesome with the butter garlic herb sauce. Had that twice. Lunches were always good, usually at Jammers, and breakfasts were at Firefly, which were also alright.

I would definitely go again, maybe for a ten year anniversary. The weather was great, and the water was almost air temperature. The pools were also fun!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dvenard
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Our villa was in a perfect spot with a perfect view. We loved the big deck that had a table and chairs and lounge chairs. We would eat breakfast and cocktails on the deck. We did go during rainy season, but we went for a wedding.

We flew into St Lucia's larger airport and to the resort it was over an hour ride. They say to fly into small airport and take a helicopter to see the views too.

As for the resort itself. It was nice - but we were promised an umbrella and no one ever got it to us. We called for more towels and it took a few calls. The worst part was the air conditioner made a buzzing noise, really loud. I called 3 or more times and no one ever came to fix it. Tiny tiny ants on the counter of the kitchen. those little dot ants. But always there.

They need to get their happy hour more organized, there are 3-4 bartenders in one corner and no one has a spot to take that areas orders.

The staff at all the luncheons were so nice and helpful.

All and all it was a very nice place, The drive there from the airport would be the reason I hesitate to go back.

They always had taxi's ready for you to use into town or restaurants. As well as shuttles back to your room.

I would recommend this Resort :) My complaints were minor.

Room Tip: Ask for a good view, some villas have the pools off their balcony, but it wasnt available.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Janiebii
Reviewed 9 July 2012

My wife and I spent a week on a hillside villa for our honeymoon. We had a fantastic time and felt safe leaving the resort and traveling the country. We've traveled to other countries in the carribiean and St. Lucia by far was the best. The food at the resort was five star along with the drink selection. Staff was very helpful along with our tour guide who I recommend to anyone (Dylan Anthony). The villas were beautiful as well with a private deck and awesome sunsets. We plan on going back for our five year anniversary.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Matt628
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Stayed at windjammer in April. We had a one bed villa which had the most amazing view, its own plunge pool and so spacious. If you can leave the villa, the beach is great and plenty of sun beds. The pools are great too. Would def recommend the a la carte restaurant, I had one of the nicest steaks and great deserts. I was a little nervous about the "bird" reviews and they certainly are friendly so don't leave food out of they will be inside the villas. Whilst the Resort is based on The hillside, minibuses will pick You up so you dont have to walk. Don't be put off, windjammer has some of the most spacious and lovely villas, perfect for families, and couples, great watersports, great food.

• Stayed: April 2012
6  Thank NSBF
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Resort:
Stayed at 1 bedroom vill (#131). It was located uphill. Took almost 15 mnts walk uphill to get there from main lobby. Someone in tripadvisor mentioned about long walk uphill so I called, prior to my trip, and asked if it really takes that long to walk to beach from my villa. She said that is not true and beach is only 1 minute walk. When I arrived I found that it did took me 15 mnts to walk uphill from beach to my villa. This turned out to be not a problem since they had shuttles running all the time. When I ask for shuttle to transport me to beach, it will be there in usually 2 to 3 mnts. However, going back up to villa I had to wait over 20 mnts. at two occasions. Mostly, shuttles are quick so no problem in that respect. Rooms do not have wifi access, only one ethernet cable is provided. Front Desk did not have any wifi access points to lend.

Restaurents:

resort has 5 restaurants. We had all-inclusive plan, and it was seamless in all restaurants.
Dragonfly : Has a very good breakfast buffet. They make eggs in front of you, made to your liking. There are several items in buffet and all of them are good.
Dinner was somewhat barbecue and ok, nothing great. Staff is friendly.
Ember : Small, on the beach hut. Closes at 5:00 pm and food is not good at all, including stale Nachos. Staff is ok.
Upper Deck : OK, not that great. Mostly seafood that tastes just like seafood from any other place. Bread was bitter.(spoiled?). Staff is friendly.
Papa Don : OK , not that great either. Italian food. Staff is friendly. Opens only for dinner.
Windjammer Bar : This is a bar/restaurant containing swimming pool and direct access to beach. Great drinks. Most of the staff is very friendly and cheerful.

Beach:
Nothing great. There is a small area where on can swim. One can walk the beach from one end to another in 5 mnts. Outside the 100 ft/100 ft swimming area there are sea urchins and jelly fish.
So if you want lot of beach time swimming, look someplace else. If you are into tanning, there are lot of chairs available that you can have with privacy.

Water Sports:
They had quite a few, sailing, ski, etc... Did not try any. They did not offer Jet Ski or boat rides.

Tours:
Took Windjammer tour(endless summer). Cost $100/person for 6 hour tour. Very nice and comfortable ride. Not overly crowded. Takes you at 9 AM and brings you back at 4:00 pm. Spent 2 to 3 hours in Sofourie. They took us to a small waterfall where you can swim for 10 mnts in 1 ft shallow water. Then they took us to mud bath. No one got out of bus. Then they took us to volcano, it was tiny and not anything great. Then they took us to cocoa plantation. Staff in cocoa plant spent 10 minutes on entire tour of cocoa plantation. Then they sat us for lunch in a hall, on cocoa plantation, like school children. We went to buffet, one table at a time. Food was awful. We spent approximately 1 hr their. Definitely not worth it. The staff at windjammer boat were good and friendly though. They served beer and rum on our way back. On our way back we stopped for snorkeling and swimming at one of the the beaches.

Personal :
Took taxi and asked taxi driver to show us around local villages and non touristy things. This was great. He took us to Our taxi driver name was Gus, he is authorized taxi driver for windjammer. Ask for him to transport you from/to airport and to show you around the island.

Room Tip: Choose one bedroom villa.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple