“Nice, but Remote.”

Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 15 October 2012

My fiancee and I stayed at this resort through an RCI exchange in September 2012. We had a one bedroom suite overlooking the water and within walking distance of the main lobby (Rm 120). The bedroom was air-conditioned, but the kitchen and living room were not. In addition, the TV was located in the living room and there was none in the bedroom. Overall, however, the accomodations were very good. The breakfast buffet was somewhat pricey at $30.per person and offered the usual choices. We elected not to take the all-inclusive option. After the first day we decided to purchase breakfast food and eat this meal in our room. Dinners and drinks were priced as those in in any large city restaurant. A utility charge of $180. added to the costs. Night entertainment was available most nights, but we elected to travel into neighboring towns most evenings. We did attend the manager's cocktail party and this provided the usual tropical drinks and a few tid bits which were quickly consumed. The travel into neighboring towns was a major draw-back of the facility because taxi fees were high. These varied anywhere from $30. to $50. round trip. The fare from the airport to the resort was $85. one way since the resort was located 1 hour and 15 minutes from the airport. In summary I would say that the Windjammer is a picturesque resort with good accomodations, friendly staff, numerous pools and a beach area. During our stay the resort was only about 40% occupied,so the pool and beach areas were empty. Tours and water sports were readily available , but nightlife was almost non-existent. The remote location made travel into local areas costly.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the lobby preclude waiting for a shuttle which was sometimes, but no frequently, req...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank drfredJamaicaEstates
There are newer reviews for Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort

Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed at windjammer in April of this year for just a couple of nights. The villa, a one bed was located at the top of the hill therefore having the most amazing view and the most spacious villa I have ever stayed in. To get to the main facilities you can call the minibus which is with you within minutes, it's too steep to walk. The pools are plenty, the beach is great and the food and cocktails excellent. We stayed on all inclusive which I would definitely recommend as its quite expensive otherwise. The upper deck restaurant had the best steak and great desserts. As for the birds,we had one little bird who came into the villa a couple of times when we left the doors open. If you don't like birds then close the doors!
Windjammer is great for couples and families.

• Stayed: April 2012
6  Thank NSBF
Reviewed 10 October 2012

The Windjammer is a beautiful resort spread out over 2 hills overlooking the Caribbean side of the island. You can book all included or European plan, which is what we chose.
We had a lovely villa with stunning views, just above the intermediate pool area which we had all to ourselves due to off season.
Staff is very friendly and helpful.
If you choose European plan and go for breakfast at the hotel restaurant I suggest you check prices first!
We paid $80.- for 2 persons for buffet breakfast, omelet and tea!
The on-site grocery store is ok, selection varies depending on when you go. We arrived on Sunday and selection was limited but later in the week they stocked up. Prices and selection are very similar ($$$) to grocery stores in Rodney Bay, so if you consider the taxi ride it might not be worth the trip.
There also is a fruit vendor that comes by boat to the beach, he sells seasonal fruit that you might not be able to find in stores (mangoes, papayas, passion fruit etc)!

Room Tip: We had a villa, no pool up on the hill, very spacious with separate living room, kitchenette and hug...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Clou123456
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We stayed at the windjammer with out 2 young children in September ( which happens to be a very slow time of year) and it was amazing! The resort is gorgeously sprawled on a hillside....the higher you are the better the views!!!! Definitely take advantage of the shuttle service, especially on your way back up to the rooms. The pools are great and the beach is amazing, and so easy to enjoy kayaking, paddle boating, sailing, the water trampoline, all of which are included. The sunset sitting outside at the restaurant is gorgeous. While we were there the dragonfly restaurant was under construction and I didn't feel like there were enough options to eat., ( especially in the mornings, all I wanted was a great cup of coffee,but nothing is open until at earliest until 8:30 am, so see my comment about the grocery store below). the room did have a coffee maker, coffee and creamer which worked out good enough. for early riser the resort is so tranquil first thing in the morning to walk/jog along the beach or read. I highly recommend on your ride from the airport that you stop at the local super j grocery store and pick up food, especially if you have a villa which will have a fully equipped kitchen! We had a room with a living room that fully opened up to our terrace....which is amazing and private, but beware of the finches that will sneak in your kitchen and try to steal food :) the staff was very helpful and accommodating, the rooms were very clean and comfortable, the bed was very comfortable. . It Is secluded so be prepared to take taxis, I do not recommend renting a car as the roads are not labeled, traffic is crazy and they drive on the left side which always throws me off as an American. I hope some day we ill make it back to beautiful t Lucia and if we do I would choose the windjammer villas again!!!

Room Tip: The higher up the better the view, amazing views, but the further the walk so make sure to use the s...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Julie P
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Just returned from St.Lucia after visiting for 10 days. Sept 13-23. Traveled with my mom. We had an ocean view room. Rooms, food were very good. It was quiet on resort, which we liked. No problems for shuttles to get back to room, my mom is 82 so walking up hills not an option. We loved the a la cartes meals. Buffets were good as well. Staff were great at all levels. Recommend but it was HOT. We loved eating at Upper Deck.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dee3059
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I LOVED this place! Yes, the staff may be a little scatter brained at check-in....but if you can get past that the hotel grounds and adventures make up for it! Let me break it down for ya!

Check-in sucked...thank God I had my confirmation because I don't think they were prepared for us. Suggestion: Call ahead of time and confirm before you leave your home country! lol, that was a little scary. Note: I still rated it 5 stars because the crappy check-in didn't taint the trip for us.

The grounds are BEAUTIFUL, I mean GORGEOUS! They have pools all over, restaurants, activities, live music, on-site nurse, market, shuttle service, etc, etc, etc.

The activities booked through the hotel were fab! They would come pick you up and weren't crammed full of people. We did the kayaking trip and it was just my husband and myself with our own personal guide! I would recommend the kayaking, land/sea tour, Piton day Hike, and dinner sunset cruise! They ALL ROCKED! It is easy to get sucked right into the Windjammer and not want to leave, but GO SEE the rest of the island no matter how tired you are! It's worth every penny!

Make sure you never take a taxi unless the license plate starts with TX first. There are a lot of scams there, but we didn't run into any problems.

The staff at the hotel are GREAT! They will help you and recommend tons of stuff to do! I really wouldn't bother eating at the hotel a lot or doing the ALL-INCLUSIVE. We almost did the All-Inclusive and I am super glad we didn't, it forced us to go explore more...plus there are better restaurants in Rodney Bay! Go to Fire Grill and Big Chef, both AWESOME!! The hotel restaurants are good to eat at, but its nothing super special!

The rooms have a kitchen, so we would go down the on-site market every few days and buy farm fresh eggs and fresh bread to make breakfast for ourselves, it saved some money which was nice so we could spend it on other fun things!

I would go back in a heart-beat! If you thinking about this place, just book it now! Its GREAT and you wont regret it!

Room Tip: If your quite lazy then try and get a room closer to the front office. The rooms are located on the...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank iiilucky1iii
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Wow what a view! We stayed in villa #421 and it was fantastic. Very comfortable beds with soft high thread count cotton sheets, granite countertops and a terrace of pure delight! Our unit had a plunge pool, so private! The snorkle trips were great and the 5$ one in the afternoon was a deal. The sunsets were magical. We never left for the evening until dark. We ate off site at the Coal Pot and at Laurels. Both were very good. We went to the grocery store on our way in mainly for snacks, breakfast items, cheeses, crackers and wine. Ask your taxi, they will stop for no charge. We did not do the all inclusive as it was 150$ pp per day. There was no way we could eat and drink that much. The food on site was good but pricey, we had lunch several days and dinner at Papa Don's. We had a delicious dinner and the pizza was really good also. It was expensive for our part of the country, (Virginia) a New Yorker may think it's just fine. The shuttles were so fast that we rushed to get to the pick up at the top of the stairs. I would suggest people take zip lock bags, as soon as you open crackers, seal them up. I did see the small black ants but we had no problems because we kept everything sealed or refrigerated. You must remember this is the tropics. Every morning we had breakfast on our terrace with the birds. They would actually take food from your hand. Humming birds zoomed around the flowers right off our balcony. Our unit was fully enclosed, something I suggest you ask for. One of the other guests left with 66 mosquito bites on her legs. She stayed in an open concept room. We saw only one mosquito the whole trip and that was at Coal Pot. I took 3 packets of laundry detergent and 3 dryer sheets. With a washer and dryer in the units we packed very light and did laundry a couple times during the week. This was an exceptional location, just paradise. Our 3 bedroom, 3 bath unit must have been upgraded recently as everything was perfect. The next time we go back we'll stay for 2 weeks. I can't wait!

Room Tip: I only saw Villa 421 and it was very grand. Circular staircase with lots of windows for the views. V...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Familyof5VT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella
Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!