My wife booked us at the Windjammer in St Lucia. The beach and water are beautiful, the hotel and the service is bad. In addition to the bad service, all of the restaurants are outdoors. Don't be fooled by the indoor/outdoor language on their website. This is very deceptive. It you like sweating through your meals this may be a place for you. Our second night there we made reservations at their "premier" restaurant Upper Desk. It was a two and a half hour miserable meal. Our waitress disappeared for 20 - 30 minutes at a time. Since I was sweating heavily it would of been nice to have my drink refilled occasionally.
Many of the villas only have air conditioning in the bedroom. The kitchen, living rooms and dining areas are open air. Again, if you sweating on you couch this may be a good place for you. Like many others we talked to here, we asked to change villas after a couple of miserable days. They did move us to a villa with a/c until the villa lost power on our last night and we got to stay in a third villa.
To top if off they are undergoing major renovations. My wife called ahead of time to see if the construction would be a noise problem. They said no, they were just draining the pool and specifically said no jack hammering. This turned out to be clearly false as we continued to be bombarded with continuous construction noise. The noise greatly limited the time in our plunge pool. If you are really set on coming to St Lucia there appear to be some nice places to stay on the island. Spend a few more bucks and pass this place by, not worth the money or aggravation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, West Indies, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Travelbag, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries