“Superb food, Wonderful staff, Caribbean paradise”

Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Our holiday here was almost faultless. Lovely apartment (air conditioned bedrooms) with own private balcony with superb sea and sunset views. Some of the best food I've ever eaten and the most delicious cocktails. Five good restaurants. Very friendly and helpful staff in every department. Free wi-fi (now essential) in all rooms and public areas. Very well maintained resort. We were very glad that we were on an "all inclusive" package however as food would have proved horrifically expensive otherwise. Steak at 120 ECs $50, £35 as an example and cocktails $18 US each. Even breakfast buffet costs £35. You could self cater of course as each unit has a well equipped kitchen.To get a taxi to Castries costs $50 return £35 unless you want to walk a mile to the road end and catch a bus. Having said that it was still one of our best holidays ever and we will be back. One strange point is that the bands which perform every night seem to be in a dark cupboard rather than a lit stage....not sure why. They are all very good.

Room Tip: Many rooms are well up the steep hill from the beach and up several flights of steps. A shuttle bus...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank krbristol
WJLMD, General Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Dear krbristol: Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm glad you enjoyed the food, staff, and wi-fi. We will be working on the lighting in the bandstand this summer so the bands will be lit better! We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

mark.ozawa@windjammer-landing.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,763)

Reviewed 10 March 2013

Visited St.Lucia 18 years and returned last week from a most awesome vacation at the Windjammer Landing, so much that I purchased a one bedroom timeshare.
Have sailed the BVI's many years now, but this island beats it by far in cleanliness, friendliness and Windjammer Landing makes it a home away from home for my wife and kids...
Great exposure to ocean, sunsets, beach, water sports (included), 5 restaurants, pools and a great staff. Direct flight from NYC makes this a short trip to Paradise.

Room Tip: All rooms good!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HelicopterVictor

Dear HelicopterVictor: Welcome to the Windjammer family! Congratulations on your timeshare purchase - we look forward to welcoming you and your family back year after year. Thank you for the terrific review!

Reviewed 8 March 2013

This was our second trip to St Lucia and our first to the Windjammer. It was awesome. Our room was close to the beach and there was a pool right outside our door. Everyone was very welcoming and friendly from the staff to the guests. Most of the water sports were included and we indulged in sailing trhe hobis everyday. I look forward to returning often

Room Tip: If you want to be close to your room without needing a shuttle ask for Hibiscus
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fantslake2
WJLMD, General Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2013

Dear Fantslake2: Thanks for the great review and I'm glad you were back for your second trip. We look forward to visit #3 in the near future!

mark.ozawa@gmail.com

Reviewed 8 March 2013 via mobile

This is the most gorgeous, amazing place, the staff will treat you like family. Wander in the warm clear ocean, convenienently in front of the main area of the resort and if you look down, youll notice friendly tropical fish swimming around your ankles. It has the best of everything and we hope to be back at least every year!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank becca92024

Dear becca92024: Thank you for the terrific review - I'm glad you like the resort and the fish! We look forward to your return - hopefully next year!

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed at the Windjammer in December 2012 on the All Inclusive plan. My room was very large plus my unit came with a rooftop deck. How awesome is that? Only drawback is that it rained quite heavily and my closet flooded a tad. Luckily only 1 pair of shoes were wet, but when they dried, no issues. Wish I had more time up there. I felt as if I was staying at a quaint loft on a beautiful island.

The property is quite large and very hilly. You would have to take a shuttle bus from the lobby to your room. I tried walking one day and gave up. Just too much of an incline. That's the only drawback of this hotel, waiting for the shuttles. But on the good side, having your luggage transported by shuttles is a luxury. ;)

The food was amazing. Thoroughly enjoyed breakfast and dinner. Staff was very pleasant. Most nights would hang out a the bar and listen to live music or just watch TV. So relaxing by the water and the barstaff was great.

The spa services were nice too. While there the main pool was closed so they offered us a complimentary spa service + Free foot therapy. The ladies were amazing. So kind, and full of smiles. Definitely added to the experience. The one improvement would be to upgrade the facilities. Had the facilities matched the service, I'd rate this higher.

Wifi is available in the lobby, but it's spotty at best. They need to improve this. It's not as if I go on vacation to work, but this was a working vacation and having your connection drop all the time was quite bothersome.

Overall, I enjoyed this property. Some of the villas were pure luxury. Saw a lot of generational families and couples.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JetSet_Diva

Dear JetSet_Diva: Thank you for the nice review and great information! I am sorry about the flooding and I'm happy your shoes dried. You'll be happy to know we are working on the plans for our new spa. I hope you'll return to check it out. We are also installing wi-fi throughout the resort. Best news - it will still be free! I hope you can return sometime for just vacation time...

Reviewed 7 March 2013

Our first trip to St. Lucia and looks like I picked the perfect spot! Mediterranean design, fabulous views, wonderful staff, great restaurants and any service you could want right there. We decided to go all-inclusive, even though we had a small kitchen and the food was all we could have asked for. Booking excursions was also easy right there in the lobby. Great beach area, water sports center and daily activities also make this a great place for a family vacation. Each "villa" is on the hill, and a shuttle ran continuously for those who didn't want to walk. We usually walked down and took the shuttle back up to our unit. Not suitable for the disabled might be the only drawback. We will go back to St. Lucia and stay here again. PS - We found grocery stores to be much like at home, especially in Rodney Bay, but a little more expensive, so take the family and cook in!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any "bad" rooms. They do offer time share exchanges, but you c...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Diane R

Dear Diane R: I'm glad you had a "Fabulous" stay! Thanks for the review!

Reviewed 6 March 2013

My husband and I traveled here back in May of 2012 not only for a get away, but to renew our wedding vows for our 10th anniversary. The only word that comes to mind when I reminisce on this trip is unforgettable! The beauty of the hotel and the romance we felt being surrounded by such a serene setting. The excitement of the activities we took part in and the feeling of home by everyone's kindness. Even when it ended (sadly), some life-long friends and memories were made here. Memories that "like a song of love cling to me".

The wedding planning by Melanie was magnificent. I answered a few questions, did nothing more and everything fell beautifully into place that day. Truly, it seemed as though it were effortless. The flower petals that lined the walkway, the lovely minister, the bouquets, the hors d' oeuvres, drinks and cake, shuttle service... perfect! Even when we had no guests to witness our renewal, the hotel community celebrated with us and those laughs I'll cherish.

I'd recommend Windjammer to anyone. My husband and I will return again and have even explored the idea of being able to live there for long periods.

"That's why, darling, it's incredible!"

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amattsen

Dear amattsen: We are so happy that your anniversary and vow renewal was so "unforgettable" Thank you for the nice comments about Melanie - we've already added your note to her file and thanked her for her great work. We look forward to seeing you and your husband back again soon!

mark.ozawa@windjammer-landing.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Villa Beach Cottages
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#4 of 15 in Gros Islet
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!