Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We were just in st. Lucia for a two night/ 3 day birthday stay, and really enjoyed spending our time this hotel.

The room was gorgeous, very Mediterranean feel to the place with a great private roof top terrace and the bed was beautifully decorated on arrival. This was followed by complimentary welcome chocolates delivered to the door.

Room 154a had great views through the Romeo and Juliet balconies, was right next to a quiet pool and jacuzzi (with great sunset views) and one of the restaurants.

W chose to go room only but we found the lunch and dinner prices to be very reasonable indeed - and delicious.

All the staff were friendly, very polite and courteous - even the chefs wouldn't pass us on a staircase!

The gym looks out onto the beach, and the beach itself is well kept. The water sports seemed to be a slickly and safely run, we only had time to try the daily banana boat ride.

Would definitely recommend this place.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,715)

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We just returned from the Windjammer after an 11 day stay there and I can honestly say I have had the best holiday of my life. This holiday was to be where we held our wedding and our meeting place for our friends from around the world. It not only met but exceeded our expectations of what a resort should be.

ROOMS
We had 60 guests so managed to see all different types of rooms, the standard rooms, the villas, the suites, and I can say each and every room in the place is spectacular. They were all quite different with each having its own character. They all had breathtaking views and were immaculately clean.

BEACH
Their beach was beautiful and it is only for Windjammer guests so it was quite nice. We had visited other beaches on the island and they are also nice but they are packed with loads of people from different resorts and the windjammer's wasn't. It felt very exclusive.

FOOD
We were a bit nervous about all-inclusive food. I didn’t expect much from it to be honest, but the reality is that it was some of the best food I have ever had and it was ALL included. The steaks, and burgers, and wraps, and pizzas, were all fantastic. I quite happily gained a lot of weight while there.

STAFF
Each staff member goes out of your way to make you feel at home. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. They helped us to handle all of our requests or issues that we had and treated you as if they have all known you their whole lives. Particular staff members I would like to give a shout out to are Melanie, Lynn, and Simone for being the most amazing wedding planners ever, and Jeff and Manasa for going out of their way to take care of our wedding party. All of them were really warm and lovely people.

WEDDING
I had been working with the Windjammer for a year planning my wedding prior to our arrival. Needless to say I was quite nervous on how it would all turn out. We were choosing flowers and colours and food and facilities without ever seeing, or tasting any of it. First of all, throughout the process, the wedding team was great. They were wonderful wedding planners and were always helping me to make better decisions as well. They knew what worked and what didn’t. The process was seamless. The day of the event, we had scheduled cocktail hours and steel bands, and a dj and a dance party and they made everything go so smoothly from start to finish. I know my guests weren’t being just complimentary when they say it was the best wedding they had ever been to. All the flowers were perfect and gorgeous, our cake was fantastic and the decorations were all so beautiful. They day went better than I had even imagined it could have gone and I couldn't recommend going to them enough. It was wonderful.

I have nothing but good things to say about this place, we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Hibiscus Suites are amazing! (all the rooms are good really, but choose the all-inclusive option. Ev...
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Usually stay at Marriot timeshares when we travel but ended up trying the Windjammer.Ended up with a 2 BR villa. The kitcher wasnt mordern at all. We did have about 3 issues..icemaker, radio, leak in the roof ...but all were taken care of quickly.The villa was a second row and had 4 decks and 3 levels. Alot of room and privacy . Very clean. Would be difficult for someone not good with stairs since there was no bathrooms on the main level. Plunge pool was nice also. The downstairs BR had alot of privacy also since it was down 10 stairs and had it own bath and deck. Very spacious accomadations.The resort itself was nice but a bit off the beaten path. We had a car so not bad but your not walking anywhere.Cabs are available.There were 3 restaurants on site. I though papa Dons was the best. They did have nightly enertainment ....different bands which were great. Nice mix of people from couple to older folks and people got along great. Staff was great and the manager party was good.Did seem to have activities for kids also. The gym was tight but they did offer morning classes and wed yoga in the afternoon.The shuttle service to villas was good but if you need a pickup you shuold give them more time than they say.Overall I loved the place and would return .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We visited Windjammer Landing April 2013 and it was a great experience all around!! The rooms were beautiful and clean with great views. The staff was friendly and made you feel right at home! I celebrated my 30th birthday while there and the staff at the restaurant decorated the table as a surprise for us. Bartholomew at the bar gave us a bottle of champagne to take back to the room! If you are at the Jammers bar by he beach Ernest makes a great drink just ask for a Ernest special! The second night we were there we went on the sunset cruise put on through the windjammer and it is a must do. The staff on the boat make it a lot of fun and watching the sunset on the caribbean was beautiful! The water sports they offer are great! The staff there is patient and helpful. I haven't water skied in 15 years and although after all their help I still didn't do well they were very helpful and patient with me! I would definitely recommend the windjammer to everyone I ope to return with my children soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

We stayed at the Windjammer Landing April 21-26.
The resort and staff were amazing. Room was a two bedroom suite with a great view of the ocean. Food was excellent. Nice beach! I would have to say we experienced the best customer service I have had in a long time! The staff are truly amazing. Great for Couples, family, or solo! Enjoyed a great couples message.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with family two bedroom suites are a good choice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jane12057
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Ive traveled to lots of islands and this is by far the one of the best. We stayed at Villa 2, it was amazing! the people were wonderful at the resort. I will recommend the land and sea tour, great experience! the zip lining was great too. Our tour guides were wonderful. I will also recommend eating at #18 at the castries market, the food was amazing. We opted out of the all inclusive and I'm glad, the one thing that I will say is that the food at the windjammer is not great, its ok. Explore outside for food is my suggestion and if you eat dinner at hotel papa dons was ok. The local bread is a must. The spa was also nice. Overall a great vacation and resort!

Room Tip: Get the villa with plunge pool
Reviewed 28 April 2013

This is second visit to Windjammer (first was two years ago) with our (this time round) 4yo daughter.
We stayed in a 2 bed Hibiscus suite which gives you heaps of room and you're close to the beach/restaurants. You also get a washing machine (scoff not - you will need to buy detergent at the mini mart but if you're there for 10 days as we were it's nice to be able to do a wash and freshen up swimming costumes).

What's good:
The beach - clean,plenty of space (though as other reviewers have mentioned, a bit short on umbrella'd spots), and a gentle slope into the sea so it's good for smaller children.
Kids pools - two shallow (2') pools for kids, plus one of the hibiscus pools is 3'.
AI is AI - the only thing not included is bottles of wine. There's nothing to distinguish you from a half board or breaksfast only guest. We always got a large bottle of water at each meal, had some there, took the remainder back to the room so we always had water- you will need it.
Sunset Cruise - Friday nights, 5-7 - great way to spend the evening.
Friday BBQ buffet
Tuesday Manager's night and limbo/fire-eating - this time we kept our daughter up till 9 to see this - it's impressive.
Room- clean, spacious, very well equipped. The coffee machine and coffee filter packs in the fridge are very welcome when you're all awake at 6am.
Food - plentiful and the sashimi and steak at Upper Deck are particularly good. And when they say fresh side salad - it IS - none of the limp, languishing greens you'd get in the UK. We actually ate our salad garnishes! The range at breakfast is good.
Spa - I didn't visit this time, but had a manicure/pedicure last time at very reasonable prices.
Kids Club-the girls are fantastic. If there's an arranged activity they're happy for kids to do their own thing if they're not that interested in making masks or puppets, but they are kindly firm with kids disrupting things.
Watersports - our little one was too small for the daily donut rides and so on, but there is a really good range of sports included in your package. I was too chicken to do water skiing, but could've.

What needs work:
Housekeeping consistency - they ALWAYS get the room lovely and clean but we did the green thing and hung our towels on the rails to reuse them, and when we did need refreshes we didn't always get the lot refreshed so ended up short of some things (eg no face cloths, hand towels). No biggy I know, but annoying.
Staff - a lot of them are friendly and take great care of you, but it's really patchy and that's why I've knocked a star off a perfect 5. Our Ambassador introduced himself when we arrived-that was last we heard. The woman in charge of breakfast cultivates an extremely formidable air- I'm sorry to say we didn't see this soften, and breakfast staff often seemed to occupy themselves with busy-work while a queue of families waited for a seat. On our first morning we'd been awake since 3am, and I was convinced breakfast started at 7, and when we turned up just after 7 we were told in no uncertain terms to go away until 7:30. It can take an age to get any attention in Jammers.

Top Tips
UK visitors - the web may tell you that St Lucia is 220V British plugs - the Hibiscus suites (and I assume the rest of the resort) are 110V US style. Pack Adaptors.
Do plan your restaurant dinner bookings ahead at reception.
Do get down the bar at the far end of the beach - it's a lovely spot late afternoon.
Babysitting is very reasonable - US$10 an hour - arrange in advance with reception.

Weather
We were there in the first two weeks of April and in the main we had sunny weather with a constant breeze. However there were a couple of short sharp showers and last two days we were there the grey cloudy spells were getting longer. (NB - given the winter London has had, we just stayed in the pool and sea and got wetter - who CARES if it's raining if it's still 27 degrees!). Most of the restaurants are open to the elements but have storm curtains they can drop into place quickly when needed.

Transfers
We prebooked a pick up. The journey was just over an hour to the resort as we arrived on a Saturday so beat the Castries gridlock. The repairs to the road following the 2010 hurricane are pretty much done.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Finlo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
15 mi away
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 5 in Cap Estate
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!