We stayed at Windjammer for 11 days and enjoyed ourselves very much and would return.
Accommodation: We didn't stay in a villa, instead just had a room. The room (151B) was clean/spacious and perfect for what we wanted - how much time do you spend in a room anyway?! The hill/walk up to the room was tough, and we could have taken the shuttle bus, but it kept us fit and meant we could have an extra cocktail.
Food: Papa Don's (Italian) was very good and the service very efficient, but you don't want Italian every night. Embers for lunch was great, but sadly not open for dinner. Jammers was ok, although not very high quality at times and the attention to detail was not great. You ordered something and it came with something else, the vegetables were so undercooked they flew off the plate when you tried to cut them! Upper Deck again was ok, but nothing outstanding and the same for the food in Dragonfly, we had 4 shrimps in our Shrimp curry....! One thing to improve with breakfast, there are apparently many different types of Mango in St. Lucia - why then did we never once have fresh mango on the breakfast buffet???
Fitness/Watersports: very helpful and efficient staff, friendly and each day when we went out sailing they were quick to get out on the water. The lady who takes pilates and yoga was very motivational and enthusiastic - wish more guests used her services. The gym was basic, but had good quality equipment and was not too busy which was perfect.
Wifi: the hotel recently installed a great system that covers all the beach areas and nearly all the villas - very efficient, good signal and complimentary. A great addition.
Service: In general very friendly, helpful staff. Smiling and respectful, even the gardener said hello without being prompted!
Overall the property is very good and a great place to stay, just don't expect outstanding cuisine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, West Indies, TravelUp, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Travelbag, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries