If you like hermetically sealed Air Conditioned Hotels don't visit here. If on the other hand you like to feel the sea breeze blowing through your living and dining room, see the sun shimmering on the sea and glorious sunsets, where outside merges into inside and cheeky bids coming looking for food on your balcony then this is the place for you. Don't get me wrong - the bedrooms are very well air conditioned, large and very comfortable and in our villa both had their own bathrooms so the best of both worlds. Our villa also had a plunge pool which was a great place to cool off after a sunbathing session on the roof terrace.
We are a family of four - Mum, Dad and 2 x Teens (Boy 14, Girl 12) and we all had a magnificent time. We took the all inclusive option and I think it was good value. The food was consistently excellent from the buffet Breakfast through the Pizza place to the fine dining options. We tried it all and were never disappointed.
The Sports and Leisure facilities are extensive and the Sports Team are a brilliant bunch of very helpful guys. We joined in some of the Beach games, went on the snorkeling expeditions twice, went sailing, tried Windsurfing, played Tennis, my Wife and Daughter enjoyed the Spa, we all learned to Water-ski and still had time to relax in the pool and sea and on the beach. We also took the all day catamaran tour which actually lots of fun and gave us a chance to see other parts of the island.
The site is very hilly but the buggy transport system worked well but as we were in a villa at the bottom of the hill we tended to walk most times.
As this was a birthday Treat for my wife we booked Helicopter transfers both ways to avoid the 1 hour plus transfer from the airport (all the resorts in the North West have the same transfer time). It was just a fantastic way to see the island - the Pitons and the rain-forest - and the Teens in particular thought it was "cool".
Would we go go back? In an instant but for 2 weeks next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, West Indies, TravelUp, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries