We just spent a beautiful week at Windjammer Landing.
It was our 20th anniversary and could not have enjoyed it better.
Our room was open to the air with a huge balcony which we spent many nights on admiring the view of Martinique. We even entertained a few nights some of the people we met there and even though it was a one bedroom, there was a lot of space for us all.
We did not have an all inclusive but did have a breakfast plan and an invitation to the beach party bbq.
We did see the timeshares. It didn't take long, was very interesting and the staff was honest and not pushy. We did not end up buying because we have another timeshare we need to dispose of first but we ended up having regular cocktails with the rep who showed no hard feelings at all.
The St. Lucian people are like no other that we have experienced. They are honest, hardworking, and happy.
I met the manager who was very gracious and actually took time to seek me out and thank me for my compliments. He was not there for a few years which may explain the drop in services for a while.
We were constantly and efficiently and kindly attended to in every restaurant, bar, with room service, shuttles and reception. Our room was clean, with maid service twice daily and tips, though not expected, were truly appreciated.
The beach was great and calm, a nice change from the pounding Atlantic, and the staff at watersports were especially helpful. They taught my husband to sail and let us take one of the small cats out into the bay. Beautiful. We snorkelled as well, with a ride into Rodney Bay to see beautiful corals and small fish, sea urchins.
Papa Dons was great, as was the Upper Deck where we had the most beautiful Mahi Mahi. Pasta at Papa Don's was home made. The breakfast was very good but a little repetitive by the end of the week. There was plenty of fresh fruit as well. Ours was included but the buffet was a little expensive and it was much more economical to order a la carte. The only complaint I may have about the breakfast was a few too many birds pooping on the terrace. The servers would clear tables and leave the plates on a sideboard where the birds attacked. Of course, we made our own bird friends up at the villa. Be prepared to meet an odd feline friend as well.
We stayed in the traditional villa although there were new units that had every convenience, we preferred the open air living as being from Ottawa we don't get enough of that.
It only rained once heavily, but it was a relief as it had been hot! We had to miss the jump up because of the rain but I hear it is a pretty special event. It is in Gros Islet every Friday night.
The Windjammer is not a place to go if you want a constant party. Everything was pretty much done by 11 pm. But it was very romantic and restful which is what we wanted.
It is kid friendly and although there were children there they were all well behaved and parents seemed to be in full control.
One thing I really appreciated was that there were very few smokers which was refreshing and everything was so open that even when people were smoking it was never a problem.
Jammer's Day sail was great and we went very cheaply as Windjammer discounted us for attending the time share.
Don't miss the new comers meeting and know who your ambassador is because they and others like them will help you whenever you need it.
Is it five star? Maybe not quite, but the service and the welcome was. We will go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Destinology, Booking.com, Hotels.com, West Indies, Ebookers, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries