“It grew on us as we stayed! Definitely request the enclosed hibiscus Suites.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort

Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Castries
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“It grew on us as we stayed! Definitely request the enclosed hibiscus Suites.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We arrived and had two 2 bedroom villas. Villa -7 and 8. They have views to die for and air in the bedrooms but open air concept was just a massive fail for our group. I personally didn't mind it beyond the heat in the living space was a little unbearable - but the plunge pool is nice and the decks are super nice for watching sunsets. The decor is a little dated and can use updating. But the bugs are it ridiculous. We had ants everywhere and they wouldn't go away. One of our villas had crabs walking the curtains in the bedroom and bats attached bananas we had in a bag. Mosquitos were bad too if they are attracted to you. After two days we asked to be moved. They moved us to two two bedroom hibiscus suites. What difference. We had private balconies with our own hot tubs on the balconies. The building had two private pools that we were the only ones at every day which we loved. The decor was much more updated and having air everywhere was nice. Our washer didn't work and the air conditioner was on the fritz. It would be nice if they would just invest the money to upgrade the entire resort. The staff all around the place was super friendly and really nice The restaurants were so- so. Papa dons was good. Embers on the beach was good for a lunch sandwich or salad. The beach at the resort leave a lot to be desired. The water isn't clear and there is seaweed all over. There is only a small swimming area the rest is filled with sea urchins so you can't access water from there. But reduit beach is wonderful and only 15 minutes always- 5 mile white sand blue Caribbean beach! A Plus is most water sports are free. The resort is 90 minutes away from airport and soufries. But 15 minutes from Rodney bay/ gros islet area where there is lots of good restaurants. We rented a car from resort but there is cabs all around.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank travelqueen15

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (740)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Breath taking views and incredible friendly service. Delicious food and so much choice.

The rooms took our breath away wow! We were on sumptuous cotton beds in beautiful rooms, heaven, and bathrooms that were colourful and clean.

A wonderful stay, with sooo many pool choices, restaurant choices and local things to do. A wonderful little island with stunning gardens locally and beautiful views.

The setting for this hotel/resort is just heaven, absolute beautiful heaven! Just a wonderful stay so much fun things to do with water sports and delicious cocktails and lovely food at all restaurants.
HEAVEN!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We visited WJL as day guests as we had a private villa out of a resort. We just went to use the beach but the facilities, restaurants and water sports were so excellent we ended up returning on 3 consecutive days and paying for use of most things in the resort. The staff were amazingly friendly and treated us as guests and we would have loved to have stayed here overnight. Absolutely excellent and best hotel we visited. It was also cheaper than eating in the local restaurants in cap estate and the quality and choice was superb.

• Stayed August 2013
skipton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Lovely friendly staff, excellent service in a relaxed atmosphere, gorgeous food and wine, absolutely fantastic! We spent ages looking for the right place to stay this year and Windjammer was great in every way. Children water skied as much as they wanted, the beach was clean and not at all overcrowded. All the restaurants were excellent, particularly The Upper Deck where Michael are waiter could not have been more attentive!
Barry and his fellow bar staff were great and really friendly and helpful if the children asked for their own drinks.
Really couldn't fault it in any way.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Our expectations had been set by a travel agent who raved about the resort as a perfect Caribbean family resort and the wonderful images from the resorts website After a long flight and a 90 minute plus transfer by taxi over windy roads the resort wasn’t exactly what we were expecting.

The reception by the staff was fantastic – no problem there. The assistance with our luggage to the accommodation up on a hill side over looking the bay was much appreciated. The out dated and tired accommodation that greeted us when we opened the door was far from appreciated . However, 45 minutes later, with a chargeable but discounted upgrade agreed, we were 100% happier, relocated and exploring the resort.

If you’re used to the hotels in the far east or middle east where you’re typically surrounded by new furniture and facilities, and where the staff and maintenance teams have a fanatical attention to detail then this place does feel a bit tired. However, after 36 hours you’re accepting the resort for what it is and appreciating the setting, the beach and the staff who were genuinely helpful and kind.

The food’s not chic – but it’s good and we found if you stick with the basics (fresh fish of the day and steams etc) it’s really very good. Our kids absolutely loved it – there’s good kid friendly snorkelling, table tennis and 2 tennis courts. The gym although it has a view of the beach is in the basement of the restaurant and is really quite an unattractive setting - but it’s functional and frankly was never that busy. The complimentary banana and donut rides at the end of each day where a highlihght for our boys.

Overall, wasn’t 100% what we were expecting but we had a fantastic time and armed with a better understanding of where to stay in the resort we would return

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LondonCityAM
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I love this place. great food, great location,great people. I take a lot of trips and I enjoyed this island better then any place I have been. The people on this island are classy and not just looking for a tip they actually enjoy serving and are very sociable.The water sports was one of my favorite places to spend my time very relaxing and so much to experience and the people there were my favorite they worked very hard to make you happy.......

THANK YOU ANDREA!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank andrea h
Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a week long stay at Windjammer Landing. Friends of ours who were here 9 years ago old us about the resort. We have three little kids at home, and we were looking to take a vacation just the two of us. SO GLAD WE DID! Here is a detailed review of our stay...

Taxi Service to Hotel from Airport: We booked a private taxi that was recommended on the Windjammer website. It saved us about $15US by going that route rather than having Windjammer book it for us. The taxi driver was very knowledgeable about the island and made sure to stop along the way for picture taking, local beers, and a treat! (Hot bread made on the side of the road with delicious cheddar cheese inside. My husband and I keep dreaming about this!!! Ask your driver to stop for one! UNBELIEVABLE!)

Front Desk Check In: Upon arrival we received the Rum punch, (Needed more ice in it, too warm and not super refreshing). The chilled and scented towel was excellent as well! I must say that Charlene at the front desk was fabulous. It was very refreshing to see her face each day. Being so far from home, her calm demeanor and exceptional service was refreshing! We gently asked if there were any possibilities of an upgrade and she informed us that we were upgraded to a HIbiscus suite! I was very excited! All you have to do is ask!

Room: Hibiscus Suite had a Beautiful view! Open your doors and all that you see is the beautiful water! We woke early many days to have coffee outside and there were beautiful rainbows often. I still dream about it! :) Our room was nice and clean. The closet was large for all of our items and I was thrilled to see a jacuzzi tub! I said earlier... I'm a mother of 3 girls... It was nice to have a nice and clean bathroom all to myself! :) Kitchenette was sufficient and stocked with coffee for each day... no need to buy any at the market. The bed was large, clean, and comfortable. The air conditioning unit was a little noisy, but not too bad.

Restaurants: Dragonfly-eh. We had breakfast here on the first day. Nothing exceptional, and our waitress was not very friendly. This made up our mind to eat our breakfasts in the room each day. The market was stocked with breakfast goodies so we did that.
Papa Dons- We ate here the most. DELICIOUS pizza and fabulous salads!
Jammers- Our favorite lunch place. Try the jammers sub, so yummy... spicy chicken, mozzerella, tomatoes, and onions... YUM! Large enough to split between two people!
Upper Deck- We did not try it
Embers-Great for lunch! Burgers are good, and my husband enjoyed the pork BBQ sandwich.

Happy Hour at Jammers- Great drink prices! We also enjoyed our drink special each day... Although they seemed just too repetitive for me... Tuesdays tasted like Wednesdays... etc... I just wish happy hour lasted a little longer :) Barry the Bartender was a bit disappointing. I read reviews that he was "so great," made a "Barry Special" beverage... Ummm... not so much. Not really friendly. In fact, the bartenders were not all that friendly. No one asked where we were from, offered any advice on things to do, places to see... etc.... I was a little bummed about that, but I had an amazing time with my honey and we met friends who we will keep in touch with, so that makes it much better! :)

The pricing for the food was very reasonable! We did not do the all-inclusive because we are not terribly big eaters, we ended up spending 1/3 of the cost on food and beverages as the all inclusive would have gotten us! Glad we decided to forgo the all inclusive!

Water Sports- Excellent. Big Bubba and the tube rides were our favorite!!! SO fun! Get there at 3pm to sign up! Coletta at the Water sport pavillion was wonderful. Very kind, and like Charlene, a calm demeanor!

Timeshare tour: Ugh. Well, it was OK. We were offered the $100 resort credit for going. That is a huge incentive right there, so that is originally why we went. Merlinda was our tour agent. She seemed like she knew what she was talking about, but ended up getting a few facts about the resort incorrect, which I picked up on right away. She was beautiful with long legs and high heels. I expected this from reading an earlier review. She took us up the mountain and showed us a timeshare that was nice, but then took us to another villa that had major water damage!!! Water EVERYWHERE! She said they were going to fix it. There is no way I would ever buy a timeshare after being shown a room that had water damage. Also, she said, "They will be updating the timeshares soon." Well, as a prospective buyer, have a few of the different style villas readily updated and staged just for the timeshare tour. Mark them as "Do not reserve" and keep them for villa tours only. As a buyer, I want to walk into a place and see myself, my husband, and my kids in the condo... :) The last villa we saw was a one bedroom Hibiscus suite. It was completely under renovation!!! furniture piled in the middle of the room, paint out, electrical equipment out... Almost a hazardous environment to put hotel guests in! I could have tripped over many items in the construction zone. Needless to say.... we didn't buy!

Spa: Eh. It was OK... could use a face lift! :)

Pools/Beach. Heaven! LOVE the beach hammocks! I think they were recently added. NICE TOUCH! The pools were great. The Hibiscus pool was quiet and there were many times we felt as though we had the pool to ourselves! :)

Tennis Courts: Awesome courts! You need new rackets though! Handles were soooooo sweaty smelling! My hand smelled after touching it briefly!!!

I have worked many years in the service industry. Windjammer Landing was excellent and the grounds were beautiful! It was so nice to be alone with my best friend for a week to enjoy the peace and quiet. I would definitely return again. I liked the atmosphere, the prices were reasonable, and it was kid friendly! I will be back with my kids next time! Thanks again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Momof3angels2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Jade Mountain Resort
Bay Gardens Beach Resort
#3 of 13 in Gros Islet
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,003 reviews
Capella Marigot Bay Resort and Marina

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!