This is an amazingly beautiful resort! We stayed in a 3 bedroom hibiscus suite the week of September 22. Overall I would give this resort a 4 out of 5 star rating. The only reason I would not give it a 5 star is...the food could have been a little better and more variety would have also been better. Don't get me wrong, the food was good, but if you go into town and eat there, you will see the difference. Other than that it was the best vacation ever. Since it was September (their off season) there weren't that many people there. We never had trouble getting a shady spot on the beach, or even getting a hammock on the beach. Just know that this island is nothing but mountains, so the roads are very curvy. If you have a problem with that I would suggest you not go to this island at all. If you can get over that, this is the most beautiful island I've ever been to.
Papa Dons- is the pizza and pasta restaurant, we ordered pizza delivered to our room so I cannot comment on the service, but the pizza wasn't that great.
Embers- is a casual lunch restaurant right on the beach with burgers, salads, nachos etc.
Jammers- is a casual lunch and dinner restaurant right on the beach. It has the same lunch menu as Embers, but we did not eat dinner there so I cannot comment on that menu.
Dragon Fly- is mainly buffet, there is an amazing breakfast buffet, and they will cook anything you want if they don't have it. We didn't eat lunch there so I cannot comment on that, but we did eat dinner there and it was just as good as breakfast
Upper Deck- is the fancy restaurant. The food there is very good, but the menu does not change. The service there is very very good, makes you feel as you are eating at a 5 star restaurant. It is a bit pricy though.
Rooms: our room was the 3 bedroom hibiscus. It was amazing!! We had our own private pool and had a huge porch with an amazing view. The villas up higher on the mountain had better views, but I would rather be at the bottom so I could walk to the beach rather than wait on a shuttle.
Shuttles: when we did use them they were very fast and we never waited more than 5 minutes.
Staff: was very friendly and had no problem with helping you with anything you needed.
Beach: was very beautiful but if you didn't go inside the swimming area, there was this a coral type of bottom rather than sand. I would not suggest swimming there as there were signs warning of sea urchins.
The Island: is soooo beautiful. There are some poor areas that you travel through to your resort, but don't let that bother you. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. There are a few people that kind of bug you about buying something or asking for money, but that is everywhere you go.
Must Do's: you have to do the "day sail" to the pitons, the volcano, and the cocoa plantation. That was amazing!!!! Also the zip lining was soo much fun, but very hot...you are in a rain forest so it was expected.
Last but not least....you have to go to the local Friday night party in Gros Inlet. There you will find the best seafood you have ever had in your life!!!!!! There are plenty of tourists there so if your a little weary about it let me set your mind at ease. The locals there are very very friendly. There are people selling souvenirs, food, drinks, cigars, and music playing with people dancing. We went with another couple and one of them got sick, the locals helped us with him, got them a cab and had him on the way back to the resort.
Overall I would suggest this resort to anyone who wants to relax but also have a good time! You have the best of both worlds there. If you want privacy you got it.....if you want to have a good time and party, they have that too! Hope this review helps you decide. I will DEFINITELY return!!! Make sure to ask Daniel, one of the bartenders at Jammers, for some local spiced rum!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, West Indies, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travelbag, Priceline, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries