We just got back from 2 weeks in St. Lucia and spent our 2nd week on a return to the Windjammer because we enjoyed it so much the first time. True to it's advertising, this resort is perched on a hillside overlooking the Caribbean and the views from the villa rooms and decks are just spectacular. We had a 2 bedroom villa with a dipping pool on the deck (you HAVE to get that!) and the rooms were clean, stocked and well cared for. This resort has been around awhile but gets good attention from the grounds folks and is in great shape. TIP - do NOT attempt the walk to/from your villa from the lobby.....use the provided shuttle service.....it doesn't LOOK like an ugly walk but trust me......it's brutal!
The beach here is awesome and was not crowded while we were there but we had the first week of November which is a bit of a shoulder season for them. The meals are good - special cudo to the Upper Deck who STILL serve the best steak I've eaten other than on my deck at home and to Papa Dons for their great Italian! The hotel gives an 'ambassador' to a group of rooms as your contact person - ours was Charlene and she was an absolute gem. My wife had her birthday while we were there and Charlene help us with everything from Spa appointments to flowers to dinner arrangements (complete with the surprise birthday banner!) to printing and delivering our boarding passes for our trip home.
We used a private taxi for our tours and transportation as opposed to the 'group tours' offered at either of the resorts we stayed at. His pricing was very competitive and the small (as in private) nature of the tour gave us flexibility we might not have had and let us see things that only a local driver that isn't tied to a strict schedule can provide. Fabian was great - his cab is immaculate and his local knowledge is amazing. email@example.com will reach him and he's quick about getting back to you.
If we have a 'down' to the trip it's not the resort - only the 'airport' and if you're going, be ready for a bit of a gong show both coming and going. The airport is small and dated and nowhere near able to cope with the tourist capacity. The wait to clear immigration on the way in was about 90 minutes and coming out, there were NO seats left in the waiting area or the upstairs. The flights arrive and depart in 'blocks' due to airline schedules so just be ready for that part and don't panic!
We'll be back.......even in 2 weeks (and this was our 2nd trip) we haven't seen as much of the island as we want to.......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, TravelUp, West Indies, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries