We stayed at the Windjammer resort over the Christmas and New Year period and we were unfortunate enough to experience the terrible storm that caused so much devastation . We were having dinner in the Dragonfly restaurant when the storm really started to get going, not only did it cause a power out on most of the island it also caused the resorts back up generators to fail leaving us in total darkness whilst we were tucking into our main course on Christmas Eve. Our two small children where quite frightened at first however they where soon laughing and joking with the windjammer staff as they passed round candles and fluorescent sticks, literally making light of the situation. Despite the circumstances the a Windjammer Staff and management did their upmost to ensure everything was ok to the point that we actually enjoyed our meal and had some fun making the most out of the conditions. The storm raged virtually all night causing considerable damage to the resort. The next morning we awoke and there were literally dozens of Windjammer employees carrying out repairs across the resort. They were sorting the beach out, sorting pools out cleaning etc. This was on Christmas Day !!! I later heard that many of the staff didn't go home and actually worked through the night to ensure the resort was safe and in good order the next day ! This was true dedication , especially when you consider some of these individuals didn't know whether or not they had damage to their own homes and also you further consider this storm took 11 souls on Christmas Eve ! We are to say the very least extremely Humbled and Thankful to all the staff and management for ensuring that we had a great time on our holiday !! The most memorable thing about the a Windjammer resort is the charm dedication and friendliness its people. Great characters like Oswaldine , Valerie and a Randy to name but a few who looked after us, this is what makes the windjammer special!!! the kids club was also great, on our arrival our two wouldn't go near the place, within two days we couldn't get them out of there!!
So If your going to St Lucia don't just visit the Pitons ... U also need to go see Oswaldine the Windjammer Queen !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Travelbag, West Indies, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries