Our glorious stay at Windjammer did not begin on day one. We had booked a suite, and prior to arrival I phoned the resort to insure that it could be equipped with two beds. My friend and I are a platonic couple traveling together, and have never experienced a problem requesting two beds. This was pretty unheard of at Windjammer, and first we were offered a downgraded room, with no kitchen (even though our confirmation clearly stated we would have a full kitchen.) Then we were offered a roll away bed, which seemed a little too "college days" for us. Eventually we were equipped with a real single bed in addition to the king in the bedroom. While the sofa bed in the living room could have been considered a bed, the rolling, open-lattice wall concept would have left the sofa bed sleeper exposed to mosquitos and no air conditioning. If you have separate bed requirements, make clear negotiations first! As others have mentioned, check-in could be done better. I hated wasting these hours.
Once the bed madness was solved, we settled in to enjoy the beauty and service Windjammer does so well. This huge resort is well run and pays close attention to details. Many perks are offered to guest including daily snorkel trips, kayaks, paddleboats, fitness classes, and games to name a few. Do expect many well behaved cats in all the restaurants, and birds in the dining rooms and in your kitchen and living room, and the many big frogs might keep you hopping too! The resort did a very intimidating bug fogging three times a week, which kept the biting bugs in check, but if you are sensitive, like I am, come prepared with your own sprays and coils.
The villas was gorgeous, spacious and overall in good repair. It gave much more of an apartment feel than an average hotel room. There was a lovely patio with an unbeatable view, a dining table, as well as a sofa, chairs and barstools, full kitchen and refrigerator. The open air concept in the bathroom was fun, but helped the mosquitos find their pesky way into the bedroom! The bedroom provided an air conditioner which was most welcome throughout the day. The friendly staff is always ready to offer services and are quite helpful.
A couple of times our dinner reservations (which were required for some of the restaurants) were lost and while we were "seated anyway," it was kind of odd...maybe confirmation cards could be issued when reservations are made; I felt like we were trying to sneak into dinner, even though we were on the all inclusive plan, and had made reservations. I also really thought it would be helpful to have open and closing times of the restaurants and shops, along with menus in the rooms.
I loved our villa and so many other things about Windjammer Landing, I would not hesitate to return. So much was perfect about our stay, the minuses fade quickly. It is was a treat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, West Indies, Holiday Gems and Odigeo so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries