“You must go.......”

Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Castries
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The setting is picture postcard overlooking the pure blue Pacific and seeing the earth's curvature. The sunsets are beautiful and the light of the sky at night..... wow!

You fly in across the sea and then drive from the South along the East coast to Dennery where the multi-coloured roofs hit you - on through the rainforest to the West coast.

Windjammers is set with spacious hillside villas, all-inclusive is excellent - The Upper Deck Fillet Mignion perfect! Our children (14 and 18) loved the cocktails (virgin for under's) and do try the milkshakes!

Many un-sung heros within the hotel; the shuttle drivers who are always there for ferry you around (if you don't fancy a walk!!); they could give our Black Cab drivers a run for their money!....the groundmen who are constantly maintaining your environment; the maintenance guys who are always on hand should you need them; the out-of-sight mechanics and laundry ladies; the kitchen staff who feed you - constantly!! The staff who look after the beach for you before you pull yourself out of bed to start yet another lazy day..... Although we had no toddlers, the ladies who look after The Kids Club were a delight with the children and they were adored by them...... the lady in The Beach Bar "96 degrees in the shade" bless her, working but overlooking the guests on their beach holiday....

The villa was attended to daily by Christianna who was a delight and we thank her for looking after us so well.

Our Concierge, Nick, was on hand for anything we wanted and was a mind of information. The ladies and gents on Reception, always happy to help - a fabulous team - very elegant/handsome!

Take a tour of the properties with Naguege (sorry if I spelt it wrong!!) who was an absolute delight; beautiful, kind and patient - a special lady.

Nothing is too much trouble but you are never made to feel uncomfortable - it has been one of the most restful holidays we have had as a family, even with all of the watersports keeping everyone busy.

The hammocks on the beach under the palms are a joy if you want to read a book - bliss!

The island is beautiful so don't miss out on the Jammers Tour on the catamaran - go see the Pitons, the volcano (take a peg!) the plantation, Marigot Bay.... a full day. Go shopping in Rodney Bay... visit the National Park at Pigeon Island - Point du Cap at the most northerly point looks straight out to Martinique with the Pacific and the Atlantic meeting - breathtaking! Francis (our taxi driver) drove us around and we got the opportunity to see much of the island.

Little more to add - if you want a paradise to escape to where you can wine and dine very well, be pampered by staff who do everything they can to make sure you have a good time and you don't mind your waistline expanding!! - but still have plenty for everyone if you choose to take part or not.... this is the place to go.

The St Lucians are not only very proud of their island, which is an enviable place in the world to be, but they are proud of their resort too and are happy to share both with you.......

Our advice is simple........go!

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better the view - you feel as though you are on top of the world!
2  Thank Debs G
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hello Debs G

Thank you for your very nice review! And thank you for choosing to spend your family holiday at our Resort; I am happy you had a good time. I especially appreciate your wonderful comments about our Staff; thank you very much! I appreciate the nice comments about Christiana, Nick, the Staff at Reception and Nadiege; I'll make they hear of your remarks. I hope you'll come back to our lovely Resort one day!

Best wishes to you and your family,

Write a ReviewReviews (2,764)

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife did most (all) of the planning for our family vacation July 2014. I have to say, I was blown away by the Wind Jammer. Our place had 4 decks (yes....4) of an absolutely stunning ocean view w/ Sunset. The kids loved the dunk pool as much as the beach. The tour to the Pitons was a life experience. The staff was incredible. Regardless of the price, we'll be back at some point.

1  Thank mahoneynh
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Hello mahoneynh

Thank you so much for your review! I am happy that you were blown away by us! Oh yes; we do have the 'wow factor'! Thank you for compliment about our staff. I am so elated that you had a fabulous holiday! I hope that you will return as soon as you can; I will be happy to help you make plans when you are ready.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

This review is going to be more of the same! We enjoyed a very happy 2 weeks at Windjammer recently. The first thing to say is that the staff , each and every one, make every possible effort to ensure that you are having a good time and to troubleshoot or help in anyway they can. They are all very proud, not only of their island but of their resort.
We choose a 2 bedroom Hibiscus suite based on the recommendations in trip advisor and were delighted with it- it was HUGE. I hadn't realised that there was a sofa bed in the one bedroom suite ( living room) and so we could have easily fitted into a 1 bedroom suite, but would have been down to 1 bathroom. I loved the addition of the laundry room/washing machine/tumble so I could cut down on what we took. We were on an all inclusive package so didn't use the kitchens ( we had 2!) but these were very well equipped and self catering would have been easy.
The shuttle system did seem to work very well and efficiently and I wouldn't let the hill put me off renting a villa, especially if you want some peace and quiet. The public areas are social rather than noisy. For example, the football was on the TV in the bars over theWorld Cup and guests mixed and mingled with each other.
The food was excellent! We were on an AI package as cost -wise this was a no brainer. It meant that the water sports was included as well, but the downside was that we ate too much, despite our best efforts, as the food was so good.
Anything bad to say? Not really. The only issue we had was with the water skiing queue. As this was included in the AI package the queue became a scrum with a group of teenagers working as a team to save each other's places and therefore although you may turn up second, could find yourself 12th in the queue, or worse , too late. The watersports centre did there best in this regard but as the staff are so warm, friendly and polite they struggled with the best way to deal with this. Alternatively, you could pay and have a timed, longer session as a lesson.
So, if you have checked the website and the cost and you like what you see- go for it!
Oh yes- shop around! We had paid significantly less than other UK customers booking through a different tour operator.

Room Tip: We had 3 of us in a 2 bedroom Hibiscus suite. This was wonderful and gave us 2 kitchen areas and 2 b...
1  Thank trishmix
Reviewed 26 July 2014

St Lucia is a beautiful island and this resort takes advantage of that. Built into a hillside overlooking a crescent beach, we really could not imagine any room with a bad view. Trust me, we've been to those "step out on the balcony, turn hard right and lean over the railing and there is your ocean view". Not here. We had a 2 bedroom villa (411) toward the very top of the hill. You entered upstairs with the bedrooms on each side and downstairs was the kitchen/dining area and a living room. The absolute best feature was that the entire length of the downstairs part of the house had a balcony and in the middle was a plunge pool with an infinity edge, all overlooking the beach, Caribbean and distant hills. I really think I could have spent the entire vacation in that pool looking out at the view and I would have been fine. I have never been to Greece but seeing the pictures of Santorini reminded me of this place - white buildings with lots of curves and arches built into a hillside.
They have a great van shuttle system to wisk people up or down from their villa. If you are down at the lobby, wait and one will come along within 5 minutes. If in your villa, just call for a pick up. They arrived within 5 minutes all but once. There must have been a mix-up that time and when we called to say that we had requested a pickup 15 minutes ago, they apologized and someone was there 2 minutes later.
The staff were all very friendly - housekeeping, front desk, lobby, restaurants and shuttle drivers! Tip - there is plenty of taxi transportation between the airport and resorts as well as for excursions or trips into town for restaurants, so unless you really intend to drive a lot, I would skip a rental car. We got one but would not do so again. They do drive on the left, which is unsettling to those used to the right, and the roads can be narrow, but we did not encounter aggressive local drivers that we read other people had.
Another big plus for this resort - non-motorized water activities are included: windsurfing, hobie cat sailing, paddle boats and kayaks (I think I saw some standup paddle boarders too). In the swimming area of the beach, they have some fun things to climb on. My sons had learned to sail a hobie cat at camp and taught me how to, then I taught my wife. They're pretty easy to get the hang of an loads of fun. If you try windsurfing, stay close to sure until you feel comfortable changing directions or you might have fun heading out and not so much fun when you can't get back in.
We went to a few of the restaurants: Jammer's is right on the beach, casual, open air and decent food. Dragonfly has some open air seat and some indoor. We only had breakfast there and it was good. Papa Don's was set up on the hill with great views. It was mainly Italian with some other options. For us, it was the fanciest, but not formal. Had a very good dinner there. Our favorite for lunch (wish they were open for dinner!) was Embers, also right on the beach. Pizza, burgers, fish, chicken and frozen drinks - yum!
Since we had the car, we did drive into nearby Rodney Bay several nights for dinner. It seems to be THE place for restaurants in the area and from appearances, much nicer than Castries. Whether at the resort or in Rodney Bay, expect to pay slightly less than double what you would in the US, on average. We went to the grocery store in Rodney Bay for some breakfast food so that we did not have to eat every meal out, but it's vacation, so we did eat out most of the time.
Only critical comments I have: the beach is fairly small/short and the beach lounge chairs were not comfortable to us. Whenever we went to get towels by the pool, they were out, but there is another place to get them by Embers and they always had a supply.
All in all - I totally appreciate all the reviews I read by people who say they come back time and time again.

Room Tip: I think any room would have a good view. If you want a more broad view, go with something higher o...
2  Thank JetskiNJ
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear JetskiNJ

Thank you for your nice and thorough review! I am certain that readers will appreciate the great comments you provided. Thank you so much for choosing our beautiful Resort! I am glad that you had a great time and you can now sail a Hobie cat! Please do recommend us to your family and friends. We look forward to welcoming you and your family one day; perhaps you can teach me to sail a Hobie cat!

All the best to you and your family,

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have just returned from our 2 week stay in a 3 bed villa in windjammer- we have 2 teen kids and basically our holiday was one of the very best we have ever had and we have travelled a great deal! The resort is beautiful, the villa was huge, spotlessly clean, tastefully furnished and the views were amazing. One of the best things about the resort were the staff- our housekeeper Christiana, was so kind and such a lovely person- bacame part of the family. Thank you Christiana! All the staff at the resort were so friendly, professional and nothing was too much trouble. Watersports were amazing and again the staff there were excellent and great fun. Our son cut his foot badly on some glass in the water and he needed stitches- the medical staff were immediately there and they helped us through the whole ordeal-a rep even came with us to the hospital! All in all a beautiful, well run resort and we want to thank everyone for making it such a memorable holiday.

1  Thank Christina A
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello Christina

Many thanks for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I was pleased to note that you and your family had one of the best holidays ever at our Resort! We do have terrific staff for sure! It will be my pleasure to inform Christiana of your very kind mention. I hope that your son's foot is better now. Please do recommend us to your family and friends. It will be lovely to have you back; feel free to contact me if you ever plan on returning, I will be happy to help you with your plans.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We have been going to St. Lucia and staying at Windjammer Landing for 22 years! We are timeshare owners and it has been one of the best decisions we ever made. We continue to return for many reasons. We LOVE the people of St. Lucia, the beauty of the island, and the many fabulous restaurants on the island! Windjammer has become our home away from home! It is Heaven on Earth!!! When you arrive you are warmly greeted with a welcome, rum punch or fruit punch and a cool towel. You are then shuttled to your room by friendly drivers and escorted to your Villa or room with the most stunning views!!! We never want to leave and always look forward to returning! We have created many wonderful memories here!!! See you again next year Windjammer!!!

Room Tip: Our favorite Villas are the ones with a pool and the higher you go the more spectacular the views ar...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank junglepalm7
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear junglepalm7

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate that you have visited us 22 times! I am happy that each and every time is very special for you.

If there is anything I can do to make your next visit even more memorable. Please let me know; it will be my pleasure to help you.

All the best until we meet again,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The setting is amazing, the views are spectacular and the sunsets are breathtaking. But, what stood out the most was the staff!!! It started with the staff of the Reservations Department, especially Ms Sancha Rose (we believe that is her name). They worked hard to go above and beyond what we had expected. They added several thoughtful and caring touches and details. They worked with me and were very accommodating in my attempt to surprise my wife with a last minute getaway. And they were very merciful on my pocket! This team is great!! My wife was blown away, so much so, that we ended staying a couple extra days. The housekeeping gentleman was truly that, a gentleman; genuine and personable. The shuttle driver was more like a professional tour guide, who was warm and accommodating. This was many months ago, and we're still impressed by the experience. I think we'll be back this year again, God willing.
I highly recommend this place, and, if you can afford it, try for one of the higher end detached villas high up the mountain, you will not be disappointed. Keep up the good work guys!

Room Tip: ask about the private stand alone detached villas with private pools, higher up the mountain, on the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Felisha-Natvin G
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Felisha-Natvin G

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review! It is wonderful to know that your wife had a terrific birthday! We do have excellent staff and we take pride in delivering top notch and extraordinary service. I will certainly tell Sheenarose of your kind mention. I feel so elated to know that you still remember this fantastic experience! Please do recommend our Resort to your family and friends. We await your next visit; it will be an honour to help you plan it!

Best wishes to you and your family,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castries
Villa Beach Cottages
Cap Maison
Cap Maison
#2 of 5 in Cap Estate
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella

Been to Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort? Share your experiences!