The setting is picture postcard overlooking the pure blue Pacific and seeing the earth's curvature. The sunsets are beautiful and the light of the sky at night..... wow!
You fly in across the sea and then drive from the South along the East coast to Dennery where the multi-coloured roofs hit you - on through the rainforest to the West coast.
Windjammers is set with spacious hillside villas, all-inclusive is excellent - The Upper Deck Fillet Mignion perfect! Our children (14 and 18) loved the cocktails (virgin for under's) and do try the milkshakes!
Many un-sung heros within the hotel; the shuttle drivers who are always there for ferry you around (if you don't fancy a walk!!); they could give our Black Cab drivers a run for their money!....the groundmen who are constantly maintaining your environment; the maintenance guys who are always on hand should you need them; the out-of-sight mechanics and laundry ladies; the kitchen staff who feed you - constantly!! The staff who look after the beach for you before you pull yourself out of bed to start yet another lazy day..... Although we had no toddlers, the ladies who look after The Kids Club were a delight with the children and they were adored by them...... the lady in The Beach Bar "96 degrees in the shade" bless her, working but overlooking the guests on their beach holiday....
The villa was attended to daily by Christianna who was a delight and we thank her for looking after us so well.
Our Concierge, Nick, was on hand for anything we wanted and was a mind of information. The ladies and gents on Reception, always happy to help - a fabulous team - very elegant/handsome!
Take a tour of the properties with Naguege (sorry if I spelt it wrong!!) who was an absolute delight; beautiful, kind and patient - a special lady.
Nothing is too much trouble but you are never made to feel uncomfortable - it has been one of the most restful holidays we have had as a family, even with all of the watersports keeping everyone busy.
The hammocks on the beach under the palms are a joy if you want to read a book - bliss!
The island is beautiful so don't miss out on the Jammers Tour on the catamaran - go see the Pitons, the volcano (take a peg!) the plantation, Marigot Bay.... a full day. Go shopping in Rodney Bay... visit the National Park at Pigeon Island - Point du Cap at the most northerly point looks straight out to Martinique with the Pacific and the Atlantic meeting - breathtaking! Francis (our taxi driver) drove us around and we got the opportunity to see much of the island.
Little more to add - if you want a paradise to escape to where you can wine and dine very well, be pampered by staff who do everything they can to make sure you have a good time and you don't mind your waistline expanding!! - but still have plenty for everyone if you choose to take part or not.... this is the place to go.
The St Lucians are not only very proud of their island, which is an enviable place in the world to be, but they are proud of their resort too and are happy to share both with you.......
Our advice is simple........go!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia, offers an unforgettable Caribbean vacation for families, honeymooners and couples. This exotic 60-acre full service resort is a panorama of picturesque, spacious and secluded hillside villas. With breathtaking views of the cobalt waters of the Caribbean Sea, this Mediterranean village resort is alive with the sights and sounds of beautiful Saint Lucia. Absorb the stunning beauty of nature at the Windjammer Landing. From dining on tropical fruits at sunrise to enjoying a refreshing cruise at sunset and only your choice of what to do in between. Richly appointed with the warmth of wood and an exotic blend of tropical furnishings, your spacious villa sets the mood for complete relaxation and truly your greatest escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Hotel Castries
- Windjammer Landing Hotel Beach
- Windjammer St Lucia
- Windjammer Landing Resort Beach
- Windjammer Landing St Lucia
- St Lucia Windjammer
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort St. Lucia/Castries