Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort
Poinsettia Villa Apartments(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$150
Aanola Villas(Castries)
US$61
US$59
  • Beachfront
Casa del Vega(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$58
Apartment Espoir(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$80
Hotels.com
US$65
US$61
Serenite Vigie Saint Lucia Limited(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$70
Villa Beach Cottages(Castries)
US$333
Bel Jou Hotel(Castries)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$180
bedfinder
2,843 results
All reviewspapa donsupper deckplunge poolkids cluball inclusive planhibiscus suiterodney bayjammers barbanana boattime sharedragonfly restaurantdragon flywater sportsall inclusive optionshuttle servicest luciasea urchins
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed here from June 28-July 5
Our thanks to Lloyd and Ricky for finally getting us into the room we had originally booked. We did not do the all inclusive so it was imperative that we got a room wit ha kitchen as we had planned wit hour travel agent. It appears that something happened from when we booked our room with our travel agent in January til when we arrived. She made arrangements through gogo for wind jammer and they gave us a room without a kitchen and that was not our plan. It took a day but Lloyd and Ricky did what they had to do in order to get us in the correct room. They went out of their way to make this vacation nothing but relaxing and each time we saw them throughout our stay they made sure to ask how our room was and how we were enjoying the resort.
We both have food allergies and ate at jammers twice and at papa dons the rest of the nights. Both places cooked to our asking. I must point out that June at papa dons was especially attentive to out needs and made sure our food was cooked so we could eat it. She and the staff there went out of their way each night to make sure we well taken care of. They even got to know what we ate and how we liked it to make ordering even easier.They all remembered us as the couple in room 134

Room was excellent. Spacious with all the amenities needed to enjoy your stay. Kitchen had everything you needed to make yourself at home. We were able to go to the local supermarket in Rodney bay to get enough supplies for breakfast and lunch for the week. We ate dinner on the resort at jammers and papa dons. The market on the resort has ample supplies for anything you forgot at the market or needed more of. For us, it was much less expensive for eating this way instead of the all inclusive. We are not big drinkers so we would not have taken full advantage of the all inclusive plan.
We rented a car near the airport and thought it would be a nice way to see the island according to what we heard from other travelers. Well it was not as nice as we had envisioned. Driving on the opposite side of the car was a challenge especially when you go to turn on the blinker and keep turning on the wipers instead. You would think I would get the hand of that after the first 20 times but no. The passenger on the other hand had a more difficult time as she kept thinking I was driving off the road because she is not used to riding on the left side of the road, not that I was any better at driving on the left side but I was attentive to keeping the car as close to the center of the lane at all tines contrary to what she says.
We wanted to go to Marigot bay after seeing photos of it, well we should have known after telling one if the girls at the front desk of our plans she made a face. We went anyway. Well, the face should have explained it. What a ride. Wipers going on and off the whole way and the bruises on my left arm from my wife holding on really made a memorable ride. Read more about Marigot bay on our review of Doolittle's. Anyway, we decided to park the car at the resort and just stay there and relax.
Thank you to all at the Windjammer Landing for making our vacation enjoyable!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Hi-Tech_RI

Thank you so much taking time to write this review! I am happy that you had a great and relaxing holiday in St. Lucia and you enjoyed our beautiful Resort. It is lovely of you to mention Lloyd, Ricky, June and the staff at Papa Don's; I will inform them of your kind mention. Please recommend us to your family and friends. Perhaps you can visit again one day? It will be a pleasure to welcome you back!

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was our second trip to both St Lucia and Windjammer and we have fallen in love with both.......the people on the island are fabulous and the staff of Windjammer brilliant. We were made welcome (again) as soon as we got to the resort and had an excellent holiday. The villa's are great with breath-taking views and the daily housekeeping is excellent too......all the staff we have met are wonderful and we have mad a number of friends in the resort. In the last two years the management have carried out a number of renovations and modernisations and the resort, in my opinion, continues to improve year on year........I know that their plans for 2014 and 2015 involve lots of continued development and this only bodes well for the future.

We have already booked for next year and look forward to returning very much indeed.

Room Tip: all rooms are great but the "estate villas" are very special indeed
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Guy M
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hello Guy M

Thank you for coming back to Windjammer Landing! We know that there many travel options available and when guests like you choose to return to our terrific Resort, it is a real honour. Thank you for taking time to write this review. I am happy that the second time around you had another excellent holiday! I appreciate your kind mention about our staff; we are so fortunate to have such a great team. We look forward to your return in 2015. If you have any special requests, please let me know; it will be my absolute pleasure to help you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I last reviewed WJL in 2007 but have been back every year since then, and for good reason, we invested in a timeshare ! Probably one of the best investments we ever made.
Not only does Windjammer continue to impress but every year there is a new improvement or facility to enjoy, this year Upper Deck restaurant was the best ever place to eat and there were additional boats to sail and paddle-boards at watersports. The Mini-Mart was also extended but seemed to offer about the same range of groceries.
Whilst we were there new development was taking place for the new Spa/gym facility, bit noisy on the beach but not too bad.
Not much more to say that i didnt say in my previous review, if you are going to St Lucia, stay at Windjammer, there is no other place like it !

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zoom6562
Jacqueline J, Guest Relations Manager at Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Zoom6562

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am happy that you know "we are the best of the best in the Caribbean'! We continue to make improvements and upgrades as that is the only way to get better and to make you happier with each visit! If there is anything I can do help you on your next visit please let me know; I will be happy to assist you..

Best wishes to you and your family,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I went for my wedding, my husband-to-be said it was a holiday, with a wedding taking place for a few hours, apart from our mothers, that is what was latched upon by all.
Check-in was a bit hectic and not well controlled, then again, if you are offering rum punches and a cold towel upon arrival to 30 guests, then the majority of them walk off and base themselves at the rum punch station mixing their own, whilst others head out to the beach, what is to be expected?
Just to help the bonding process of those guests who were meeting for the 1st time on this trip, I felt compelled to join them and leave the staff to do what they deemed best. We were all checked-in after about an hour and a half, very happy and ready for the barbeque taking place that night.
I wanted a beach wedding and considered Windjammer Landings as my wedding venue because "HE" had been before, said it was a nice friendly place with good food and the guests would enjoy what they had to offer. I chose it because of the on-line reviews, the wedding packages available, the information, advise and compromises offered when speaking directly to the Wedding planners Mel and Lynn.
The service and attention to detail from start to finish, provided by Mel and Lynn, was exceptional, all their recommendations were spot on and my.... our personal additions were catered for at short notice.
The beach area for the wedding ceremony was perfectly set out, the transfer of guests was without issues, those conducting the marriage were professional and relaxed and became a part of the event, even when "HE" wanted to play the fool.
The reception location (Embers) was beautifully decorated, the food of excellent quality and quantity, as was the drinks and entertainment.
Mel and Lynn stayed throughout the event which could not have been any better, unless, they had a portfolio of available St Lucian men to top the man I married.
I would highly recommend Windjammer Landings for any wedding requirements.
As for the holiday...
The staff could not do enough for you and many have become friends, all 30 guests would have their own story to tell.
Kershara on reception, averted every problem that might have occurred, caused by HIM. His credit card did not work, (failed to tell the bank he was going abroad... idiot), she sorted it, changed apartments 3 times, to spend time with friends he was seeing every day, she checked him out and in each time, .. why?
Kershara, the credit card is now mine, the bill is his, I will be back to spend time with you and the team, get planning.
We had an 8 year old girl (Bella), who loves mangoes, but had only had ones from the supermarket and wanted to see and pick one from a tree.
Mel and the gardeners sort out a suitable on-site tree with large fruits on it and allowed her to pick her own, she was overjoyed and said they were the best mangoes she has ever tasted.
There were 1st timers in the Caribbean, that queried the types of fruits that were growing on various trees, the staff picked and distributed what was available and edible for tasting and explained what they were for, some of which were cooked for them, along with fish some of the men caught, all free of charge, where else would you find that?
On the flight back to London, apparently plans were being made by all to return to Windjammer Landings St Lucia... I would live on the resort, it was that good.
I would also like to give a big thank you to Heather and her colleagues in the Private Residence Club, for the complementary 3 nights in a secluded apartment away from HIS friends, after the wedding.
We went onto a supposedly top of the range venue, on another Island for the 2nd part of the honeymoon, then to stay with friends, the name of this venue is known throughout the world, the facilities and food was disappointing, and did not compete with Windjammer on this occasion.

Room Tip: Check the bill as they can get mixed up, but are always corrected without issue.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Angie191

Dear Angie191

Congratulations to you and your husband! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write such a terrific review. It is always wonderful to know when people like you enjoyed our Resort; it makes us so happy! Mel and Lynn are undoubtedly the best Wedding Specialists ever! I will tell them of you mention and I will tell Kershara too; she is a gem! I am glad that Bella had a wonderful introduction to our Caribbean fruits.
We look forward to welcoming you again at our lovely Resort. I would love to assist you when you are planning your return trip. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need any help.

Best wishes to you and your family,

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Sadly returned to work after an incredible fortnight at Windjammer with my family The resort is outstanding in all respects so it is difficult and unfair to single out any one part as exceptional.
Going through each of the facilities we experienced:

Arrival: My wife and I commented that we had not received such a warm welcome at a hotel or resort. Tasha was personable, informative, friendly and VERY welcoming.
Things just continued in this same vein .

Accommodation: A very pleasant one bedroom villa with a wonderful view from a large deck. Housekeeping was great and practically invisible; each day we returned to magically cleaned and immaculate villa.

Breakfast in Dragonfly was always very good with a superb choice. We always had great service and a big smile from Randy.

Restaurants: The Carnival was on during our second week and staff levels dropped a little. However, this only had a slight effect across the resort and the staff working upped their game to keep service levels high.
Although all the outlets were very good with superb food, we enjoyed the Upper Deck and Papa Don's the most. The Coconut Shrimp and the steaks at the upper deck were outstanding.

June, who runs Papa Don’s, was so friendly and accommodating, and had very happy staff. This showed in the service and the food; the Lamb chops are legendary! Marcus at Papa Don’s had a great sense of humour and always looked after us very well.

The guys behind the bar at Jammers were helpful and attentive. Trevon, Alex and Travis especially looked after us very well. Great cocktails, thanks guys. The Rotis at lunch were a big favourite here!

The ever vigilant and professional Gordon runs a great team at the waterfront. All were good fun and always happy to help. They were hot on safety and organisation. Before anyone used kit they made sure they were happy and confident, but more importantly competent. I chose to sail the large and small Hobie cats, generally twice a day, and always had great banter and assistance setting up from Kurt. Thanks for all you guys did to make my Holiday fantastic.

I can recommend a visit to the spa for a massage from Julianna who clearly knows massage therapy well.

Darrell our Ambassador could not do enough for us to ensure we have the most amazing holiday – even helping me source latex gloves to wear for sailing as a result of blisters on hands.

Finally a big thank-you to General Manager John (GM John to us) for his great team in a very well-run resort.

Room Tip: The higher you go the better the view...but the longer the walk or let the shuttles take the strain
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Nicholas J

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all the kind words and the staff and I will let them know of your kind words. You know that some times we always have to go back to something beautiful to make sure that it really happened! And I know you had an exceptional holiday! We would very much appreciate it if you recommend us to your family and friends. Please return some day soon; we are eager to welcome you back!

All the best to you and your family,